LG
Head of IT Operations at Puerta de Hierro Hospitals
User
Great for remote workers with excellent endpoint agents and easy communication with the console

• "The communication with the console is very dynamic and remote, without the need to return to the computer locally."
  • "There needs to be compatibility with the most recent versions of the various operating systems."

What is our primary use case?

The main option for which this solution is used is to have all the peripheral equipment protected - avoiding risks due to malware and viruses. The solution can be managed by device, with filtering and analysis of the information of all collaborators available there.

It's used to analyze emails from key users and for content filtering rules. It does not allow dangerous downloads, which protects the work of the organization outside the main network. It gives tools to the collaborators to make the work outside the installations (home office) easy.

How has it helped my organization?

With COVID affecting the world, a solution was needed that could be able to provide security at workstations outside of the organization itself. With the sandblast tool, coverage is made on the equipment that we provide (laptops) and employees can carry out their activities from home. The tool has provided us with security to ensure that the computers are protected while also providing information analysis. It offers easy control and implementation of content filtering rules. Thus, you have control of all the organization's teams outside and within the operational network.

What is most valuable?

The endpoint agents, which can be installed in one go, are great. The communication with the console is very dynamic and remote, without the need to return to the computer locally.

From the administration console, we can generate content filtering rules and labels, as well as run an analysis of emails and downloads that the collaborator does to fulfill their functions. Informing the administrator of threats by mail gives us the facility to detect real-time vulnerabilities in order to continue fulfilling the objective of safeguarding the information of the organization.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be compatibility with the most recent versions of the various operating systems. They need to be up-to-date with the signatures of new viruses and the latest ramsonware. With the encompassing of all its solutions in one platform, there should be artificial intelligence for specific analysis to thus be able to anticipate and detect unique risks to the organization.

To be able to count on the administration console on any device and online cloud would be ideal. We would like there to be no need to install clients as executables.

I've been using the solution for one year.

We like the idea of ​​continuing to implement more solutions offered by Harmony.

Technical support is good. They comply when we need support or have product questions.

No, Sandblast was chosen as the first option.

The solution meets our business needs.

We did look at Fortinet solutions.

JC
Novell, Microsoft, and UNIX Network Administration at GDDC
Cost-effective protection that helped prevent an attack on our environment

• "We were under an attack in our environment, and the Check Point response was good because we didn't lose anything."
  • "We would like to have the ability to stop and restart the service remotely, which is something that we can do easily with Symantec but have a hard time with when using Check Point."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for endpoint protection in our office.

How has it helped my organization?

In the tests that we have done, this solution is working okay. We were under an attack in our environment, and the Check Point response was good because we didn't lose anything.

What needs improvement?

The antivirus is not as friendly as other solutions and can be improved.

We have been using Check Point Endpoint Security for one and a half to two years.

We haven't had any issues with stability. It's okay.

I think that scalability is okay.

We have about 300 users.

I have spoken with Check Point technical support here in Portugal a couple of times. These were cases where I had a problem that the integrator could not quickly answer. They usually try to resolve things quickly.

In the past, I worked with Symantec for five or six years. I have also worked with a solution by McAfee. I found that the interface for Check Point is not as user-friendly as these solutions. The initial setup is also not as easy as Symantec.

We switched because of the pricing. Our cost was about $20 USD for each end-user, whereas with Check Point it is $3 USD or $4 USD per end-user.

The initial setup is a little complected in the beginning. I would say that it is of medium difficulty, and not as easy as Symantec.

Our deployment took between seven and ten days because we were transitioning from Symantec to Check Point. We did it slowly, starting in groups of about twenty people at a time. Once we saw that things were working okay, we did the full deployment.

In the beginning, we had help from an integrator. It was partly because our in-house team had some trouble understanding how Check Point works, so they had some problems.

The licensing cost for Check Point is $3 USD or $4 USD per end-user.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this type of solution is to consider their budget. This does not seem to be Check Point's area, although they are getting better.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kirtikumar Patel
Network Engineer at LTTS
Impressive zero-day protection and well-suited for a complex environment

• "The most valuable feature is the Zero-day protection, which covers our on-premises users, and well as those users who are outside of our network."
  • "As of now, product-wise, we haven't found any major concern that needs to improve, although it does not support full MDM and this is something that should be there."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Check Point Endpoint security to protect our remote users, as well as our roaming users that are accessing our on-premises resources externally.

We have come to know that our remote and roaming users are completely secure with Check Point Endpoint Security. With this confidence, we are now planning to roll out this solution for our on-premises resources, including machines and devices, as well. This will give us complete endpoint security.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Endpoint Security has improved our organization with features that include Security, Management, and Reporting. We have not yet rolled it out for all users, but that is our intention.

With this product, the data accessible by our endpoints is secure.

We have zero-day protection, which is not available with our other endpoint protection solution. That is the reason we preferred to implement Check Point Endpoint Security.

Finally, from a management perspective, the single point of control makes it more manageable.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Zero-day protection, which covers our on-premises users, and well as those users who are outside of our network.

With Zero-day protection, we have complied with our customer-specific policies as well.

Most of our users are working on customer-related projects and today, everybody is looking to have zero-day protection at the endpoint level, as well as to protect against unknown threats or viruses.

What needs improvement?

As of now, product-wise, we haven't found any major concern that needs to improve, although it does not support full MDM and this is something that should be there.

We have been using Check Point Endpoint Security for the last six months.

Scalability is very good and there is no such concern for this solution.

The cost is huge compared to other products that are available on market.

We haven't evaluated other products but we know there are many that are cheaper than Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, it is a very good solution for organizations with a complex environment. We can secure it. From a security perspective, we trust only Check Point endpoint security. This product is a market leader.

Jane Adams
Information Technology Specialist at RBC
Protects us against ransomware attacks and can fit well into any environment

• "The best thing is that it fits into all environments, which gives any organization a chance to use it intuitively without worrying about the nature of their industry."
  • "Some of the less tech-savvy users sometimes find it difficult in adjusting and learning how to use the platform."

What is our primary use case?

The platform is our anti-ransomware agent, where it helps us prevent any cyber-attack. We find it intuitive, as it unpacks files and decrypts any hidden malware, thus enabling us to work in a safe environment and keep our own data, as well as that of our customers, safe and secure.

Our work environment is the banking industry and on a daily basis, we handle lots of customer data. This makes us a potential target for malware attacks but with the platform in place, we are able to shun all of that.

How has it helped my organization?

The platform works on its own and it does not need to have an assigned employee to monitor how it's working, thus bringing efficiency into our company.

It fit well into our environment, allowing us to fight any attempt to corrupt computer resources.

What is most valuable?

The best thing is that it fits into all environments, which gives any organization a chance to use it intuitively without worrying about the nature of their industry.

What needs improvement?

In some areas, the user-communities that ought to help are not readily available. Perhaps in the future, the vendor ought to send a sales representative or a knowledgeable person to each buyer to assess how they are using the platform. In case of any challenges, they should help them in using the platform efficiently.

I have been using Check Point SandBlast Agent for more than five years.

This platform has been reliable, through and through, since we started using it.

The vendor offers reliable customer support services to users who may be stuck somewhere in using the platform. This ensures that one continues to receive stable services from the platform.

CE
Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good sandbox and forensics capabilities, good visibility

• "The most valuable feature is forensics."
  • "We cannot integrate this product with other solutions, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for the SandBlast module. It is used for sandboxing, malware detection, antivirus, and forensics blade.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is forensics.

What needs improvement?

We cannot integrate this product with other solutions, which is something that should be improved. I believe that it is in the roadmap.

Other vendors have some non-security-related features in their endpoint protection solutions that should be implemented in this one.

I have been using Check Point Endpoint Security for approximately one year.

The stability is okay but if you have limited resources then it gets slow.

I have not used this product in a large deployment. Certainly, it scales, but my deployment is for less than 500 endpoints. Our company is really small, with just 25 people. As a partner, we also deploy it for our customers.

The people that work for the vendor are sometimes a little hard to get a hold of, but once you do get in contact with them, they get the problem fixed.

It is rather easy to set up. As a cloud solution, you can have it up and running in a day or less. We have defined different policies, which makes it easy to get up and running. After you, you can customize the setup.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone who is considering Check Point Endpoint Security is that it is a great solution that is very easy to deploy, and it really gives you visibility of what's happening on your endpoint. It helps you do deal with security issues pretty fast.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

HM
Senior Solution Architect at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Ensures device control and security but needs simple sandboxing for malware analysis

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use Check Point Endpoint Security on-premise. But there are instances in which we use it in the cloud as well. It's mostly integrated into Microsoft Windows and that makes it really simple. They have an integration solution for the whole spectrum of endpoint features. For example, their Keystone solution. They also have a lot of other features. You can easily keep track of user access, how their device has been protected, and what software they have. We can see what processes are running and what network connections they have. We used it to control which devices can connect. It's a balance of freedom for the users and confidentiality.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Check Point Endpoint Security helps us ensure device control and security. It helps us make sure users can access only the network resources they should be accessing and keep malware to a minimum.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see simple sandboxing for malware analysis. But, they are not the leaders in this market. I would like to see virtual tasking as a feature.

I have been working with all products of Check Point for about 15 years. They have a strong niche in the market. They have both on-premise and cloud computing. Check Point Endpoint Security is really simple to use.

Check Point Endpoint Security is very stable.

So it means that if you buy a firewall, and discover at the end of the day you need more traffic than what you expected. You can expand easily, and scale-out easily.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Check Point Endpoint Security at a seven out of a scale of ten.

SJ
Assitant Manager - IT Support at a outsourcing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User
Great for securing endpoints with good anti-malware and port protection

• "It's great for securing our endpoints from any external attacks."
  • "Tech Support must be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for multiple purposes. It's for securing the endpoints. We have about 200 endpoints added to this solution and being maintained. Its server is cloud-based and here our in-house IT team takes care of the installation and configuration on endpoints. We are required to secure our endpoint from any external attacks. It's also well controlled so that only required access is to be given to end-users. Whether it's about blocking unwanted websites or port blocking, we use the solution to manage everything.

What is most valuable?

The anti-malware and port protection, etc., are good. We have about 200 endpoints on this solution being maintained. We like that its server is cloud-based and that our in-house IT team can handle the installation and configuration on endpoints. It's great for securing our endpoints from any external attacks. We can control access to end-users.

What needs improvement?

Tech Support must be better. Whenever we log a case for any issue it takes too much time to get it sorted. There should be escalation by default. If the case is not being sorted quickly, it must get internally escalated to the team who are experts and they should be empowered to jump in to get the issue fixed. Many times, we have to be on it for weeks to come to a proper resolution.

Website blocking and endpoint levels are still a challenge and there needs to be a more sophisticated solution. We are looking forward to having this product work more efficiently.

We have been using Harmony Endpoint for over six Months.

Tech Support needs improvement.

reviewer1489602
Network Security Assurance Specialist at Visa Inc.
Offers good protection and integrates well with other Check Point solutions

• "Check Point Endpoint Security really helped the business stop various malware attacks throughout the time we used it, including a ransomware attack, which was stopped in minutes."
  • "I think some work needs to be done to improve the integration with other third-party products, namely SIEM solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We have used Check Point Sandblast Agent as an anti-malware solution. We were already working in a Check Point environment, which made the decision to purchase an endpoint security product from Check Point easy.

We first tested it in a Lab environment, where we sampled various malware, some less complicated than others. We were impressed with the results.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The Sandblast Agent really made a difference for the organization. It integrated well with the existing Check Point environment we had in place. It was used both for threat protection and remote access VPN.

What needs improvement?

I think some work needs to be done to improve the integration with other third-party products, namely SIEM solutions. We found it quite challenging.

We found out the hard way that the configuration was lost when we version upgraded the management console.

We have used Check Point Endpoint Security for the past two years.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

We did not evaluate other options.

Download our free Check Point Harmony Endpoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.