SJ
Assitant Manager - IT Support at a outsourcing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User
Great for securing endpoints with good anti-malware and port protection

• "It's great for securing our endpoints from any external attacks."
  • "Tech Support must be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for multiple purposes. It's for securing the endpoints. We have about 200 endpoints added to this solution and being maintained. Its server is cloud-based and here our in-house IT team takes care of the installation and configuration on endpoints. We are required to secure our endpoint from any external attacks. It's also well controlled so that only required access is to be given to end-users. Whether it's about blocking unwanted websites or port blocking, we use the solution to manage everything.

What is most valuable?

The anti-malware and port protection, etc., are good. We have about 200 endpoints on this solution being maintained. We like that its server is cloud-based and that our in-house IT team can handle the installation and configuration on endpoints. It's great for securing our endpoints from any external attacks. We can control access to end-users.

What needs improvement?

Tech Support must be better. Whenever we log a case for any issue it takes too much time to get it sorted. There should be escalation by default. If the case is not being sorted quickly, it must get internally escalated to the team who are experts and they should be empowered to jump in to get the issue fixed. Many times, we have to be on it for weeks to come to a proper resolution.

Website blocking and endpoint levels are still a challenge and there needs to be a more sophisticated solution. We are looking forward to having this product work more efficiently.

We have been using Harmony Endpoint for over six Months.

Tech Support needs improvement.

reviewer1489602
Network Security Assurance Specialist at Visa Inc.
Offers good protection and integrates well with other Check Point solutions

• "Check Point Endpoint Security really helped the business stop various malware attacks throughout the time we used it, including a ransomware attack, which was stopped in minutes."
  • "I think some work needs to be done to improve the integration with other third-party products, namely SIEM solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We have used Check Point Sandblast Agent as an anti-malware solution. We were already working in a Check Point environment, which made the decision to purchase an endpoint security product from Check Point easy.

We first tested it in a Lab environment, where we sampled various malware, some less complicated than others. We were impressed with the results.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The Sandblast Agent really made a difference for the organization. It integrated well with the existing Check Point environment we had in place. It was used both for threat protection and remote access VPN.

What needs improvement?

I think some work needs to be done to improve the integration with other third-party products, namely SIEM solutions. We found it quite challenging.

We found out the hard way that the configuration was lost when we version upgraded the management console.

We have used Check Point Endpoint Security for the past two years.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

We did not evaluate other options.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1399449
Network and Security Engineer at Information Technology Company
Easy to use, effortless updating, and we have benefited from improved security

• "We now feel more secure with our PCs, even more with the non-technical persons."
  • "The solution could be improved in the future with a way to provide online training to customers for free, as other providers do."

What is our primary use case?

In our environment, we didn't have an "official" security system. After implementing the Check Point SandBlast Agent system, we have benefited from getting a strong security system that gives us stability and security on our internal network.

How has it helped my organization?

Security has been improved. We now feel more secure with our PCs, even more with the non-technical persons.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the availability, the ease of checking current logs of blocks,  and the option to update the system easily.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved in the future with a way to provide online training to customers for free, as other providers do. Ideally, it would be not only for this solution but for all of their systems.

I found that there is no Check Point online training center and I think that is something vital for most of us as customers.

I have been using the Check Point SandBlast Agent for a year and a half.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

We evaluated Symantec before selecting Check Point.

AI
Pre-Sales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Useful EDR tool, integrates well, and effortless implementation

What is our primary use case?

The organization I work for is a bank and we use the solution to protect against malware and viruses.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features in this solution are the EDR tool and the integration.

What needs improvement?

The solutions agent could have better performance, it is a little slow sometimes.

I have been using the solution for one year.

The solution has been working well and we plan to scale the solution to our 300 agents. We have clients that are small to large size businesses using the solution.

The technical support is good. I would rate the technical support of Check Point…

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for one year.

The technical support is good.

I would rate the technical support of Check Point Harmony Endpoint a nine out of ten.

The installation is easy.

We have four engineers handling the deployment and maintence of a large company we are involved with.

We have evaluated Palo Alto, Trend Micro, and Kaspersky in the past.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others. It is easy to implement.

I rate Check Point Harmony Endpoint a ten out of ten.

BK
Director at esupport Solutions Pvt ltd
The sandboxing feature is really good

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky is suitable for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB), while Harmony is for enterprise segments. There are different requirements for enterprises versus SMBs. At an SMB, one administrator handles the firewall, network, and endpoints. You have more specialization in an enterprise. So at a larger scale, where you have a 5,000 or 10,000 users use case, Harmony helps pinpoint where security is lacking on a particular machine.

What is most valuable?

Harmony's endpoint sandboxing is really good.

I haven't had any difficulty deploying Harmony for up to 5,000 users.

Check Point support is really good.

Harmony is very…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Harmony's endpoint sandboxing is really good.

I haven't had any difficulty deploying Harmony for up to 5,000 users.

Check Point support is really good.

Harmony is very easy to deploy.

Check Point Harmony is definitely pricier compared to other endpoints.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Check Point Harmony 10 out of 10. It's a unique product. It's the best in this class. I feel that Harmony is better than Crowd Strike or any other similar solution in that class. However, I would like to see more competitive pricing and better training for partners.

AF
Technical Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
A stable, well priced, easily installable solution that provides good visibility against attacks

What needs improvement?

An additional feature I would like to see involves the VPN.

The solution is stable.

I have not had experience with technical support.

The initial setup is very easy.

The price is good.

What other advice do I have?

I am still in the initial stages of using the product, but I feel it to be very good. It satisfies all my needs and this includes the EDR, which I consider good. The solution gives good visibility when it comes to attacks.  As the solution satisfies all my needs, I rate Check Point Harmony Endpoint as a ten out of ten.

What needs improvement?

An additional feature I would like to see involves the VPN.

The solution is stable.

I have not had experience with technical support.

The initial setup is very easy.

The price is good.

What other advice do I have?

Download our free Check Point Harmony Endpoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.