Check Point Harmony Endpoint Overview

Check Point Harmony Endpoint is the #6 ranked solution in our list of EDR tools. It is most often compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: Check Point Harmony Endpoint vs CrowdStrike Falcon

What is Check Point Harmony Endpoint?

Check Point Harmony is the industry’s first unified security solution for users, devices and access.

The solution protects devices and internet connections from the most sophisticated attacks while ensuring Zero-Trust Access to corporate applications.

Check Point Harmony Endpoint is also known as Check Point Endpoint Security, Endpoint Security, Check Point SandBlast Agent.

Check Point Harmony Endpoint Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Harmony Endpoint Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Check Point Harmony Endpoint Customers

Boston Properties, Independence Care System, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC), Courtagen Life Sciences, Carmel Partners

Check Point Harmony Endpoint Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Senior Security Consultant - Checkpoint Technologies at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Automatically Deletes Ransomware and Restores the Encrypted Files

What is our primary use case?

We have implemented Check Point for endpoint protection.

• "We had a ransomware attack and the SandBlast agent automatically picked up the ransomware."
  • "One area of this product that has room for improvement is the disc encryption."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others that are looking to implement Check Point Endpoint Security is that it's very secure. The only issue is that the disc encryption is bound to the hardware in the machine that it's in. It takes a bit long to decrypt the hard drive. That's the only issue. I'd give Check Point Endpoint Security about a nine out of ten.
GeraldChege
ICT Officer at Kenyatta National Hospital
Guarantees the security and stability of your network

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution as the main firewall for the perimeter of the hospital. We use the firewall itself for URL filtering, application filtering, and identity awareness.

• "Before we used this solution, our mail was blacklisted. Now we are white listed by all organizations, including Google. Also the security of our institution has really improved."
  • "They should provide bandwidth regulation, so we can monitor and regulate bandwidth."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to get Check Point, even without trying it first. Use it, and you will be very, very secure. Check Point guarantees the security and stability of your network. I would rate this solution as nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BK
Director at eSupport
Prevents malware from entering via the internet or USB drives

What is our primary use case?

We are an international systems integrator company for Check Point Endpoint Security software solutions.

• "The SandBlast agent is the most valuable feature for Check Point Endpoint Security. We've found that the Check Point SandBlast agent is mature."
  • "The remote deployment with Check Point Endpoint Security requires improvement. We have to depend on some of their deployment tools. I would like a system endpoint protection management tool or a remote deployment tool."

What other advice do I have?

The anti-malware we found very good on Check Point Endpoint Security. Mainly we observe the overall deployment and then maintenance is easy. It is only one click and you can deploy everything. Whoever wants their data secure, and they want to have peace of mind, make sure to go with the anti-malware capabilities on the SandBlast Agent. We consider Check Point Endpoint Security to be one of the best systems for SAP. The zero-day anti-exploit solutions should be there with Check Point Endpoint Security. Because of the budget, people keep the software, but my advice is that it is also a must-have…
MT
Operations Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
End-user management facilities are good, and there are innovations in every version

What is our primary use case?

We use it to help clients solve their security problems.

• "The end-user facilities for managing the tool are good."
  • "Areas that have room for improvement are the scope of the product and, while I think the support is good, they can improve support as well."

What other advice do I have?

Consider the solution as one of your options because it's one of the top tools. I rate this solution at nine out of ten because it covers what it needs to cover. As always, there is room to improve, but I think it's a good product.
RI
Lead at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It provides remote access for the staff, but we have experienced some sales issues

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is VPN.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides remote access for the staff and increases their productivity.

What is most valuable?

Certificate management VPN

A couple of times, we experienced some sales issues. The technical support is good.

The initial setup was moderately complex. We had to wait for it to do a few runs, back and forth, until it was solid.

We did the deployment in-house.

We have seen a measurable decrease in the hang times of the detector responses by five percent.
TK
Network Administrator at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Administratively, it's easy to control

What is our primary use case?

We have it on our endpoints.

How has it helped my organization?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a way it has improved my organization.

What is most valuable?

The security is its most valuable feature. Administratively, it's easy to control.

The stability of the solution is good.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

We used a consultant, and he was awesome.

We have not yet seen ROI.

The company had this solution. I got put in charge of it, so it was already in place. I decided to keep it.

What other advice do I have?

From the…
MF
Network Architect at Leprino Foods
Gives us a forensics backbone into when something happens on a machine. It can let us know what happened and where it came from.

What is our primary use case?

We were looking to upgrade our protection to our endpoints, giving us more of a forensics backbone into when something happens on a machine. The product can let us know what happened, where it came from, etc. Our primary use case is for more insight into what is happening.

• "Its ease of use is the most valuable feature. We had existing endpoints and it was an easy upgrade process. The interface board is also easy to use."
  • "There was a learning curve for our general population of employees (the user)."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. I like product. I was not part of the decision-making process. I was just tasked with deploying the solution.
CP
Owner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Offers the most secure and surefire way to tackle ransomware

What is our primary use case?

My primary use of this solution is to supplement my existing antivirus and enable/enhance my anti-ransomware capabilities.

• "Its ability to rollback anti-ransomware once an attack has started is the most valuable feature."
  • "It needs to include built-in deployment. This will make the job easier rather than having to go and dig up an Active Directory deployment along with policy objects."

What other advice do I have?

Don't think about getting the product. Just do it. I would rate it a ten out of ten. No other product on the market is able to rollback a ransomware attack once it has started.
it_user8688
IT Administrator at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
When we have reached out to support, they have been quick to respond
We use Checkpoint here, and are currently in the process of planning a major from the standalone client to the full console version. They had some issues in the past with the OS X and Windows versions not being in sync, but with the latest release E80 release, the clients are identical. There are still a few gaps, such as not supporting Fusion drives, but overall, things have been great. Deployment has been simple: We create a composer package that pushes the installer and our installation profile onto the client, and then call a script to run through the pkg installer. It has worked flawlessly for us. As far as management goes, the reason we are moving to the console version is to have better reporting. Currently, the encryption files are written to a File share, and that is…
it_user5520
Network Manager at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Works well unless you need to upgrade then compatibility issues may arise.

What other advice do I have?

All in all, endpoint security does the basics of blocking unauthorized software, malware, virus, etc. It is client/server based software. Works good unless you need to upgrade then compatibility issues may arise. Would recommend for any user. Runs behind the scenes, and the scans are designed to run without effecting a user ability to work on their pc.
Tech Support Staff at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
I would recommend endpoint security to anyone because it worked for me; no security issues with end devices for more than a year now.

What other advice do I have?

Endpoint security is implemented on client-server network model to ensure that end devices in the network are totally secure before having access to the network. Endpoint security can be implemented as a firewall or an anti-virus program that can be configured to include intrusion detection properties. It is also used in cloud computing and can be hosted or used on-site. It is a very flexible and efficient form of desktop security and I have used it for a very long time.
Download our free Check Point Harmony Endpoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.