José Javier Dominguez Reina
Project Manager at Junta de Andalucia
Easy to set up, good support, and allows for both personal and professional device profiles

• "The Check Point SandBlast Mobile solution supports Android and iOS operating systems and allows for integration with Mobile Device Management (MDM)."
  • "Compatibility with other Mobile Device Management (MDM) products on the market should be improved, ensuring correct operation between SandBlast Mobile and MDM."

What is our primary use case?

We have implemented Check Point Harmony Mobile due to the numerous phishing attacks that our users were suffering, both by email and by fake text messages, pretending to be the Post Office, Amazon, banks, etc...

With this product, we have tried to avoid this type of attack and therefore have our business environment more secure.

Currently, we have users in various territorial locations and we were looking for a solution that would allow us to secure their mobile devices with a minimum level of intrusiveness in the terminals. The solution should be for both Android and iOS.

How has it helped my organization?

With the Check Point Harmony Mobile solution, we have been able to protect users' mobile terminals, both Android and iOS, from the various attacks they suffered. This has achieved a higher level of security on these devices and prevents access to user data or sensitive information accessible from mobile phones.

With this Check Point product, we can apply similar security policies that the company's desktops or laptops have to mobile phones. Both iOS and Android to be able to use them safely.

Check Point Harmony Mobile helps employees' mobile devices avoid running malicious applications and attacks on their network or operating system.

What is most valuable?

It has APIs to carry out operations in applications that connect to mobile terminals and performs the tasks that are specified. For example, avoid activating Wi-Fi or installing applications.

When mobile devices are configured, two profiles are created for each of them. There is the personal profile and the professional profile, which means that different security policies can be applied to each profile.

What needs improvement?

Check Point SandBlast Mobile solution is not a Mobile Device Management (MDM), it only takes care of device security. It should have the main functions of Mobile Device Management (MDM), such as automating tasks, automatic updates of applications, etc...

Another aspect to take into account is the increased load on old terminals, causing them to work slowly.

It is a fairly stable solution, although you have to take into account the increased load that it causes in older mobiles.

It is an easily scalable solution because it allows for integration with any mobile management solution (MDM / UEM).

Our experience with customer service / technical support has been very good. They respond quickly and offer us their help in everything we need.

We did not have any solutions for mobile devices and after reviewing some, we chose Check Point Harmony Mobile.

The initial setup was relatively easy, with no issues to review.

The implementation was done with a vendor team and their level of knowledge is very high.

We currently do not have any ROI forecast. We will see this as the incidents on mobile devices decrease.

Regarding the cost of licenses, each device consumes one, even if it has both professional and personal profiles.

We have been evaluating other solutions, such as Palo Alto Networks and Broadcom (Symantec).

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that before installing, a complete analysis of the requirements should be carried out. This should be done in order to correctly define user groups and the respective policies from the beginning. This will help to avoid individual policies.

Rodrigo Nalda
Responsable de Ciberseguridad. CISO at a printing company with 501-1,000 employees
Quick and efficient support, transparent to the end-user, and priced well

• "The best thing about the product is that it is transparent and does not impact the users."
  • "The deployment in the Android system is very simple but in the case of iOS, it is more complicated so the users require attention from our CAU."

What is our primary use case?

We are deploying the solution on all corporate mobiles. We began the deployment with the most critical users for the business and we are expanding according to our needs. We have an organization differentiated by countries and we monitor the incidents reported from our SIEM.

The main objective is to have a security mechanism in these devices that prevents users from falling into attempts to steal credentials, infection by malware, etc.

With this tool, we consider that the systems are protected and so far, we have already been able to stop a good number of attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

Before having this tool, our users were exposed to any type of infection on corporate mobile devices and tablets. With the incorporation of Check Point Harmony Mobile technology, we have minimized these risks and both users and administrators feel calmer.

We also know that any incident that occurs is sent to our SIEM, which is monitored 24x7x365 by a security services company, which, if necessary, will act immediately to solve the incident detected.

All of this adds great value to the company in terms of security.

What is most valuable?

The best thing about the product is that it is transparent and does not impact the users. After analyzing the battery consumption and resource load, we found that it is practically negligible.

On some occasions, we have had to contact the user to solve a problem with the system. It is quite simple, which facilitates the resolution of problems.

What needs improvement?

Based on the fact that we do not have an MDM system, the deployment of the solution has been a bit difficult. The deployment in the Android system is very simple but in the case of iOS, it is more complicated so the users require attention from our CAU.

We have been using Check Point Harmony Mobile for more than a year.

The solution is very stable and in the time we have been using it, we have not had significant problems.

There is no problem in terms of the scalability of the solution, as it is only necessary to acquire a greater number of licenses.

The support has attended to us quickly and efficiently in the few cases that we have needed it. It seems that this is the usual case for Check Point support.

Not having an MDM is somewhat more complex as it cannot automate, and in the iOS environment, it is more complex than in Android.

We carry out the deployment of the solution with our own internal teams supported by the CAU.

The quality, price, and support ratio are very good.

What other advice do I have?

At the moment, we have not detected a specific need for new features within our environment. With the last update, the possibility of analyzing applications developed by us or even requesting an analysis of an application already published in stores was incorporated, which is a great improvement. It is good, for example, to anticipate possible problems with third-party applications, as well as for checking the security status of our applications.

In any case, we trust that in the next versions that Check Point publishes, useful functionalities will appear.

Other
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Mobile. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,407 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Oleg Pekar
Senior Network/Security Engineer at Skywind Group
Centralized management with good monitoring and reporting features

• "The solution has clients for both Android and Apple devices, so all of our employees' devices are protected."
  • "The feature set between the Android and Apple devices is not fully equal."

What is our primary use case?

Having the Check Point SandBlast Mobile application installed is mandatory for any smartphone or tablet PC provided to the employees by our company, and for any BYOD device if it is going to be connected to the corporate network. Currently, there are about 500 devices that are running on both Android and Apple devices.

We decided not to self-host the management center, and onboarded the cloud management solution provided by the Check Point. This runs in their own datacenter, with the SLA provided.

How has it helped my organization?

Before implementing the Check Point SandBlast Mobile, we didn't have any mandatory security software being installed on the corporate mobile devices, and it was a huge security gap we needed to close ASAP because smartphones and tablets are connected to the office Wi-Fi networks on a daily basis, and to the corporate VPN resources occasionally (depending on the user's access level).

The implementation of the Check Point SandBlast Mobile, as the centralized security solution for the mobile devices, improved the overall security of our network by providing the additional protecting layer on the user devices.

The management overhead is minimal since there is a central management point, where all the policies are configured and then pushed to the smartphones and tablets when they are online.

What is most valuable?

1. The solution has clients for both Android and Apple devices, so all of our employees' devices are protected.
  2. The client allows us to detect the rooting/jailbreaking of the OS and prevents the connection of such devices to the corporate network VPN.
  3. The client detects and prevents the various types of the phishing attacks, malicious sites in the browsers, and checks them with the help of the Check Point database (ThreatCloud).
  4. The centralized management portal is rich in configuration options, monitoring, reporting capabilities.

What needs improvement?

1. Some of our employees reported slow performance of the application on the old Android devices (Android version 2.4 and less), but I think it is mostly connected with the poor hardware resources on the older devices.
  2. The feature set between the Android and Apple devices is not fully equal. For example, with Android, it is possible to configure in the policy the file system tampering and keylogging and credential theft detection options. This is unavailable for the Apple devices. I don't think it is the fault of Check Point, but rather restrictions based on the different operating system capabilities. Nonetheless, I would like the policies to be more alike.

We have been using Check Point SandBlast Mobile for about two years.

The clients for both Android and Apple operating systems are stable and mature.

The solution is scalable. Now we manage about 500 devices and see no downgrade in the performance of centralized management.

We didn't have any support cases opened for Check Point SandBlast Mobile.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The solution was implemented by the in-house team of security engineers and system administrators.

We decided to purchase the Check Point SandBlast Mobile after the demo with the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is modern and easy to onboard.

reviewer1523535
IP LAN and Integrity Specialist at Chevron
Good scanning capabilities, impressive performance, low battery consumption

• "I really like the application scanning feature that scans all of the installed applications, and not only what appears in the add or remove apps, and then reports the results in the console."
  • "Some configuration options inside the management console are a little confusing because the interface is not always user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use SandBlast Mobile, integrated with our MDM for automatic deployment of solutions on our devices. This is for our corporate mobile devices, and also for BYOD (Bring your own device) cases. This works well for the users that want access to our corporate repositories for accessing information.

SandBlast is always monitoring their activity including the applications that are installed or they are trying to install, not allowing apps that are not 100% trusted, receiving logging alerts, etc., to take care of our devices and avoid their comprise.

How has it helped my organization?

SandBlast Is providing a real security approach, not only AV like other vendor solutions.

Continuously, we are monitoring the apps and rate them, obtain reports, etc., to see the security posture of the devices and apply compliance policies. This prevents users from installing fake applications or non-approved software.

It also monitors all of the user navigation inside the phone, controlling non-permitted connections like fake Wi-Fi, etc. It also manages the enterprise e-mail in a secure way to avoid unauthorized access from the mobile device.

What is most valuable?

I really like the application scanning feature that scans all of the installed applications, and not only what appears in the Add or Remove Apps section, and then reports the results in the console.

The performance of this solution is absolutely impressive, especially in terms of battery consumption. It has less consumption than I was expecting

It is a very stable solution that integrates well with the most standard MDM solutions in the current market.

It offers good support for Apple devices and multiple Android versions, which is quite important if you have a disparate set of devices.

What needs improvement?

There are more features for Android devices than Apple, but, think is more related to the Apple API than Check Point.

Some policies that can cause problems on the devices, like remediation, cannot be implemented by the administrator and are required to be done by Check Point. This is inconvenient because in some cases, we need a remediation policy immediately and we cannot wait for Check Point to implement it.

We have been using Check Point Harmony Mobile for approximately two years.

It is a stable solution and we have experienced no problems with our mobile devices.

SandBlast can scale without any kind of problems.

We have had no problems with the support to this point.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is very easy. The cloud solution is easy to deploy and integrate with our MDM.

This was implemented directly by Check Point Professional Services. The team is very experienced with the solution.

This is a very expensive product.

We also evaluated an Intel security solution.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a very good solution that works as expected, although it is very expensive.

MS
Senior Information Technologist at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User
Easy to use with zero-touch deployment and excellent assistance

• "The other most valuable service so far has been the assistance provided to us by the Check Point Harmony mobile engineers. They have been so awesome and helpful to us during the setup process."
  • "It would be super helpful if there were more details around the risks that were found on our mobile devices."

What is our primary use case?

The Checkpoint Harmony mobile application is used to protect and eliminate our corporate iPhone users from malicious attempts such as phishing, malware, malicious websites, anti-bots, and harmful applications. Many users receive malicious text messages and emails prompting them for credentials such as corporate active directory details, banking information, or credit card information. It is important to protect our corporate data on all mobile devices by using Check Point's Harmony Mobile Application.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided us with an easy-to-use solution that protects our corporate data on all our iPhone mobile devices. The easy-to-manage cloud-based management console provides us with details on the scanning status of our devices and reports all risks that are identified on the mobile devices. It is wonderful to be able to customize the many policies in order for the application to work at it's best for our corporate environment. The scalability has provided us with much protection and flexibility - and that is what we definitely need.

What is most valuable?

The zero-touch deployment system process has been the most valuable feature thus far. The ability to deploy and configure the application with the help of Microsoft's Endpoint Management (our mobile device management solution) has been seamless and has given us the ability to deploy with zero user interaction.

What needs improvement?

The area that I find could use the most improvement would be in the forensics section of the administrator console. It would be super helpful if there were more details around the risks that were found on our mobile devices. A simple click to find out more information would be excellent. Also, a reporting option would be beneficial as well. Maybe the option to send an email to the administrators when a high-risk vulnerability is found and also the option to run a monthly report to send to administrators would be great.

I've used the solution for about 4 months.

The solution is very stable; we have not had any connection issues with the devices reporting into the admin console.

The options to customize the policies are very beneficial.

Technical support is great. All have excellent customer service skills and stellar technical abilities.

We previously did not have a solution in place.

The initial setup was straightforward and the documentation was excellent.

We did an in-house implementation with support from engineers.

In terms of ROI, we do not know this yet.

I'd advise new users to be sure to get all information about the cost and licensing first.

No, we did not evaluate other options first.

Stephen Achi
Security Engineer at DGIT
Reseller
Excellent anti-phishing and scanning for suspicious SMS with an easy initial setup

• "The anti-phishing and scanning of SMS are the most valuable aspects of the solution. Sometimes we will get some SMS and they will try to redirect you to malicious links. If you have SandBlast Mobile, it helps you prevent clicking on those malicious links."
  • "For SandBlast Mobile, the only thing that is lacking is that it wasn't available for all types of users. However, Check Point has since fixed this, with ZoneAlarm."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile security, which is important in our part of the world. Using SandBlast Mobile, we're able to prove if a traditional antivirus has become embedded in some devices. It helps us to combat cybercrime. We're able to control things like SMS phishing and check for malicious links and malicious application downloads.

For example, if my son downloads Angry Birds, and we don't know if the version he downloaded was malicious, we can trigger SandBlast to check it.

What is most valuable?

The anti-phishing and scanning of SMS are the most valuable aspects of the solution. Sometimes we will get some SMS and they will try to redirect you to malicious links. If you have SandBlast Mobile, it helps you prevent clicking on those malicious links.

What needs improvement?

For SandBlast Mobile, the only thing that is lacking is that it wasn't available for all types of users. However, Check Point has since fixed this, with ZoneAlarm. With ZoneAlarm for mobile, it will also direct from the Google Apps, or the Play Store. And then they get to pay for it too. I think it's a very nice solution.

In terms of features, I believe they really have everything covered. I can't say if anything needs to be added. In this part of the world, we're still trying to bring ourselves up to speed in terms of what works best.

I've been using the solution for three years now.

The stability is very good. I'd rate it four out of five. I'm not sure if there are any shortfalls. I haven't seen any that would make me worry about the stability.

The scalability of the solution is good. I'd rate the solution four out of five.

We've contacted technical support They've been very good. So far, we've been pleased with their level of service.

We didn't previously use a different solution. In terms of mobile technology, it's completely new to me.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's easy to deploy.

I haven't evaluated other options of compared this solution to other available platforms.

What other advice do I have?

We're a distributor of Check Point and Check Point partners.

We have a good understanding of what kind of security our clients need to stay safe in our country.

We both use it ourselves, so we can demonstrate the solution, and offer it as a solution to our clients. It's easy because it's on mobile so we can show clients on our phone.

I'd advise others to use the solution. It's a modern technology that really combats today's cyber threats on mobile devices.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. In terms of usage, it's given me everything I need. In Nigeria, we don't have many solutions that do what Check Point does.

Kirtikumar Patel
Network Engineer at LTTS
Good support, facilitates secure access of company resources and working from home

• "We have applied MFA so that no one can bypass this security and the users/employees can access their resources very easily, securely, and seamlessly."
  • "We can say that this is a very good solution but Check Point has to reduce the cost."

What is our primary use case?

We are a technology services company and our clients and employees are working from across the world. We have Check Point as a perimeter Firewall device in all our offices and all the devices are with R80.30 with the latest hotfix.

During this Covid-19 pandemic, we have enabled Check Point Remote access for our employees, so that they can access the office resources from their mobile device, home desktop, or laptop.

Now, they are able to access our resources from their own machine or remote devices and we can say that our employees are doing work from anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

We have the Check Point perimeter firewall, which is in a cluster.

Our internal resources or applications we have published over SSL VPN and we have enabled remote desktop for those users who are working from home. This means that they are able to access our local applications and remote desktop.

This is also clientless, so users/employees can work from their mobile devices as well.

We also make sure that proper security is in place as well.

What is most valuable?

In Check Point Mobile access, we are using the SSL VPN for our onsite/work from home users/employees, and in this scenario, we have to secure our organization as well as our users.

In this SSL VPN, multifactor authentication (MFA) is one of the very good and valuable features for us. We have applied MFA so that no one can bypass this security and the users/employees can access their resources very easily, securely, and seamlessly. This feature is the most valuable for Remote Access

What needs improvement?

We can say that this is a very good solution but Check Point has to reduce the cost. The cost is huge compared to other products, and it seems this solution is only for companies with a large budget.

If Check Point can reduce the cost with all of the required security software blades then this product can be used by companies with a medium level of budget, as well.

We are using Check Point Mobile Access from April 2020.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. We have 300+ users.

The technical support is good.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is very easy and straightforward.

We had assistance from the vendor team.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good solution for WFX.

In the time that we have been using this product, we can say that there have been no major challenges or issues that we have faced. All of our clients' and employees' feedback is very positive and they are very satisfied with this solution.

They are accessing the company resources seamlessly, and we are also planning to better secure our clients. We are evaluating this feature with remote access, and it is effective.

Swapnil Talegaonkar
Technology consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Has good visibility, we can see every installed app and the severity and risk of each app

• "First, the granular visibility of apps & traffic which we get through Check Point SandBlast Mobile are good. We can see each & every installed app & information for each app about severity & risk."
  • "Also, we found configuring device groups & mapping a policy is quite confusing. There should be a simpler interface."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for using Check Point SandBlast Mobile solution was for securing (Bring your own device) BYOD mobile devices of users. With Check Point SandBlast Mobile we get full visibility of users' mobile activity, like installed apps. Users are only allowed to use permitted applications. We also have blacklisted some malicious URLs. Check Point SandBlast Mobile provides flexibility to BYOD users to access the restricted website as per the time specified by the company policy.

How has it helped my organization?

We have deployed for the first time a mobile protection solution in the environment & Check Point SandBlast Mobile worked well. All mobile devices that are connected to the network are monitored and restricted for web surfing as per company policy. With that, users also have the flexibility to use their favorite websites for some time. Device compliance, phishing protection, and all other next-gen features in action were previously not there with the environment. Also, adding a new user is very easy, there is no extra load on the team.

What is most valuable?

First, the granular visibility of apps & traffic which we get through Check Point SandBlast Mobile is good. We can see each & every installed app & information for each app about severity & risk.

URL filtering has a wide variety of URL categories to choose from. We can also add whitelist & blacklist domains as per our requirements.

Another great thing about Check Point SandBlast Mobile is the ease of deployment. We can deploy a solution in an hour or two.

Check Point SandBlast Mobile android application is very easy and simple. The interface & all processes are automated.

What needs improvement?

When adding users sometimes we were not able to send SMS to users also even after the application user was not visible in the dashboard. Upon troubleshooting, we found that the same user has previously integrated with our old Check Point SandBlast Mobile.

Also, we found configuring device groups & mapping policies is quite confusing. There should be a simpler interface.

Other than this, we did not have any problem as of now. In case of any problem, Check Point tech is always available to help.

I have been using Check Point SandBlast Mobile for one year.

The product is pretty stable, we have not had any problems with stability.

Our experience with Check Point tech is very good as of now. Every time we get a solution to our problem. They have been one of our best tech experiences.

The initial setup is very simple & less time-consuming.

The in-house team implemented the solution.

I was one who implemented the solution & we were not involved with commercials.