Check Point Harmony Mobile OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
What is Check Point Harmony Mobile?
Mobile Security: Robust, Agile & Transparent
In the new normal, while employees are increasingly accessing corporate data from their smartphones, your business is exposed to breaches more than ever.
Harmony Mobile* delivers complete protection for your mobile workforce that is simple to deploy, manage and scale.
Check Point Harmony Mobile is also known as Check Point Mobile Access, Check Point SandBlast Mobile.
Check Point Harmony Mobile Buyer's Guide
Download the Check Point Harmony Mobile Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021
Check Point Harmony Mobile Customers
Samsung Research America, Mississippi Office of the Secretary of State
Check Point Harmony Mobile Video
What users are saying about Check Point Harmony Mobile pricing:
- "Check Point provides a separate license in cases where organizations want to use this only on mobile devices, or laptops/desktops."
- "Check Point pricing is better than Symantec."
- "Choosing the correct set of licenses is essential because, without the additional software blade licenses, the Check Point gateways are just a stateful firewall."
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
IT Security Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Filled a gap in our security posture by protecting mobile handsets and our corporate network
What is our primary use case?One reason we use it is that we didn't really have any control on the mobile side. We do have Google MDM, but we didn't have a solution like the one Check Point offers to protect mobile devices. Even with Google MDM, there is not much we can do without having something that can enforce security on the endpoint. So there was a gap and that security gap was our main use case.
Pros and Cons
- "We like the URL content filtering, that is one of the most valuable features."
- "It also enables us to see where privacy is a concern, apps that are leaking privacy. Having an idea as to how these apps are being protected offers some level of security to the device and back into our corporate network."
- "We don't have Google MDM being supported by the solution as of yet. It is a feature requirement... They are aware that it is something that I need. My objective is to be able to have the MDM integration and to have some level of control over the asset itself."
What other advice do I have?If you have the opportunity, explore competitors to see how their products work. Also, negotiate your price with Check Point as much as possible. The things that stand out from my experience are the ease of the deployment and the education of the end-user regarding data privacy and those types of things. We haven't had many cases of false positives. One that we saw was in the following scenario. Let's say we had an app that came up as a threat and we applied particular rules to quarantine it. After we applied the rules, it showed up on the handset as if the app no longer existed, whereas…
Systems Administrator at a retailer with 201-500 employees
Aug 16, 2020
Provides in-depth, good protection for all three threat vectors: application, network, and device
What is our primary use case?We use SandBlast Mobile to secure our BYOD devices for employees that want to have access to corporate information, as we require them to have SandBlast in order to do that. It is always monitoring their text messages for malicious stuff or their apps, to see if there's anything malicious, and then we receive the logging and alerts so we are able to react and take care of our users' security.
Pros and Cons
- "It monitors all the URLs that a user goes to on their phone and so we can see what they're looking at and we can limit that. Certain topics are not allowed to be accessed. They're monitoring their apps and they rate them based upon how big of a security risk that individual app is based on their ratings. And so we're able to limit those as well and allow people to have some that may be a low risk, but still a risk, but we may allow that for our users whereas we block medium and high risk."
- "Integration needs improvement. We use Check Point for email. We use Check Point Capsule Workspace and I wish that it tied into that better and was integrated with their email application so that when it's secure, then they're able to access their email and it could be deployed as one group instead of two separate applications. It's a little bit more work for us to deploy both of those so it'd be nice if they could be integrated."
What other advice do I have?Having Check Point, at least for us, they implemented two different hosted platforms so that we could have different policies for different users, and that was really helpful to us because we did have privacy concerns from a lot of users. We were able to lock down the network on some devices and other devices we didn't monitor the network. I would rate it a nine out of ten. It's really in-depth for what it does.
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Mobile. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Secures and segments corporate and personal data, offers remote secure-wipe capabilities, but the reporting is complicated
What is our primary use case?The primary use case is to enable access to any corporate application hosted on-premises or in the cloud using a mobile device with single sign-on (SSO) capabilities. It provides IT admins capabilities for granting access to corporate applications or data on mobile devices and should be able to securely monitor and manage the mobile devices that access sensitive business data. It includes storing essential information about mobile devices, deciding which apps can be present on the devices, and locating devices. This product should be able to remove corporate applications and data on enrolled… more »
Pros and Cons
- "Internal applications, data, and folders are published on enrolled mobile devices in a secure way without publishing any of the resources over the internet."
- "The product does not provide deep capabilities for sharing specific data to users or groups separately, nor does it provide visibility as to whether a user has access to the data or not."
What other advice do I have?The organization should be clear on the requirements. If it is only for publishing a few web apps, URLs, email, or for a few shared drives, then the solution works absolutely fine. However, it is not a full-fledged MDM solution like VMware AirWatch/Citrix/Blackberry and more. These solutions all provide more MDM capabilities than Capsule.
Manager, Infrastructure Services at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 28, 2021
Straightforward to setup with great technical support and an excellent admin portal
What is our primary use case?We were lacking threat detection and device-level protection in our mobile device space. We are an Apple shop exclusively and although Apple does a good job at vetting apps and developers in the Apple App Store, we were lacking protection beyond that. The Harmony Mobile Protect suite really gave us the confidence of protection and real-time threat level safeguards. Users have the confidence to know that the data on their devices is safe. It's a great solution that has a proven track record in the mobile space.
Pros and Cons
- "The easy navigation of the admin portal is a welcome change to how some other admin portals are not very user-friendly."
- "The admin portal is slightly clunky and sometimes shows a different status than what the device is actually doing."
What other advice do I have?Harmony Protect is a great solution and really stands up to threat protection and device defense.
Javier Garcia Martinez
Head of Special Projects Unit-RCJA (SANDETEL) at Junta de Andalucia
Aug 12, 2021
Easy to implement, simple to maintain policies, and does not disrupt end-user functionality
What is our primary use case?The goal is to implement Harmony Mobile in the entire fleet of devices of the Government of the Junta de Andalucia. We are talking about a total of about 60,000 terminals. A pilot of the solution has started and it will be implemented in all the terminals that are renewed in the corporate network. These devices correspond to different user profiles and include different browsing patterns and profiles and threat exposure from terminals for M2M communication to advanced user terminals with large traffic quotas.
Pros and Cons
- "It has been very easy to implement and deploy."
- "It could expand the functionalities to, in addition to security functionality, incorporate Mobile Device Management (MDM) functionalities such as remote device management, administration of installed applications, etc."
What other advice do I have?As it is deployed in a greater number of devices and the maintenance and management tasks associated with the solution escalate, we will be able to make a future updated review.
IT Security Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Real UserTop 20
Aug 3, 2020
Has good application scanning that it stable and has helpful technical support
What is our primary use case?The primary use case of this solution is for mobile threat prevention. We integrate it with an MDM and push it to our managed devices to protect the company's phone.
Pros and Cons
- "I really like the application scanning portion where it scans your current applications and any new applications that you add to the device to let you know if it is malicious."
- "In the next release, I would like to see a Wi-Fi scanner to be able to identify whether a wireless network is malicious before you join it."
What other advice do I have?This solution checks so many of our boxes already, anything new added would just be the icing on the cake. My advice would be to do your homework. Ensure that this is the right product for you. Request a demo and test it out. Don't purchase more licenses than you need because it will become costly. Before this, I didn't realize that there were so many malicious applications out there in the world. So, it was a bit eye-opening to see some of what your phone can access without you even realizing what you were clicking. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Senior Network/Security Engineer at Skywind Group
Multi-platform support, easy to use, and the VPN portal does not require a client to be installed
What is our primary use case?Our company works in the area of developing and delivering online gambling platforms. The Check Point Next-Generation Firewalls are the core security solution we use for the protection of our DataCenter environment, located in Asia (Taiwan). The environment has about 50 physical servers as virtualization hosts, and we have two HA Clusters that consist of 2x5400 hardware appliances, managed by an OpenServer Security Management Server on a Virtual Machine (KVM), all running on R80.10 with the latest JumboHotfix. The Check Point Mobile Access software blade is one of the numerous blades activated… more »
Pros and Cons
- "The most impressive thing is the SSL VPN Portal."
- "I think that the pricing for the Check Point products should be reconsidered, as we found it to be quite expensive to purchase and to maintain."
Good integration, great scalability, and helpful technical support
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution for mobile threat defense. We protect our mobile devices with it, due to the fact that SandBlast Mobile detects phishing, malware, et cetera, and all mobile devices.
Pros and Cons
- "We've found that the product is quite stable."
- "From a user's perspective, of course, it is always better when it is cheaper in price."
What other advice do I have?We're both a reseller as well as an end-user of the solution. We're partners with Check Point. The product is in the SaaS environment. I'd recommend the solution. With cybersecurity on the rise due to COVID, and people working on devices from home, off secure networks, it's important to protect your devices, now more than ever. I'd advise that organizations look at this solution and consider implementing it. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. However, if this solution is right for a company depends on the environment. The capability of the standalone product is very good. When there's a…
See 10 more Check Point Harmony Mobile Reviews
Product CategoriesMobile Threat Defense