GeraldChege
ICT Officer at Kenyatta National Hospital
Has good identification capabilities that link with the Active Directory

• "I love the URL filtering as well as the identification capabilities which link with the Active Directory and work for me even with bandwidth regulation. These allow me to select to whom to do what, and when."
  • "In future releases I'd like to see better integration with other applications and solutions. Also, the cost of the license is too high, it's too expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the firewall and the filtration. The accounts are put on a server and even the SmartConsole is installed on a server environment.

What is most valuable?

In terms of most valuable features, I love the URL filtering as well as the identification capabilities which link with the Active Directory and work for me even with bandwidth regulation. These allow me to select to whom to do what, and when.

What needs improvement?

As for improvement, again, the bandwidth regulation is an issue - it is not up to my expectations. If they could improve that it would be good.

Also, the cost of the license is too high, it's too expensive.

I have been using Check Point Security Management for the last five or six years.

I used to contact customer service, but nowadays, I'm authorized to handle that. We have our own internal team in the company to maintain this solution on our own. I know a few people at Check Point so we work together.

Yes, we were using Dell SonicWall.

In terms of initial setup, at the beginning when I was not an expert, it was difficult but now that I'm an expert it is no longer difficult at all.

I don't know how long the setup was the first time since it was done by a client. But nowadays, because I'm an expert, it doesn't take long. It takes about an hour or two and I've done everything.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give Check Point Security Management a nine because it is not yet available in our country.

SM
ICT at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Allows for easy filtering, is easy to manage, and has a beautiful interface

• "Check Point Security Management has improved our organization because all corporate firewalls can be managed with a single interface."
  • "The graphical interface is nice but it is a bit heavy."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to manage and configure all of our firewalls distributed across multiple remote locations. We can do it with a single interface where policies are created, managed, and distributed across all locations.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Security Management has improved our organization because all corporate firewalls can be managed with a single interface. Many objects are common in the policies of the various sites, thus saving time when it is necessary to create or modify access policies.

What is most valuable?

Check Point Security Management has a beautiful interface for viewing logs and access reports. You can create many filters and run queries from a modern graphical interface without resorting to shell commands.

What needs improvement?

The graphical interface is nice but it is a bit heavy. Even installing the policies is often a very slow activity. Sometimes it happens that the rules are scattered in several points such as global properties, security policy, and/or application policy and it is difficult to find the point where to intervene

I've been using Check Pont for 15 years.