Check Point CloudGuard Network Overview

Check Point CloudGuard Network is the #1 ranked solution in our list of best Cloud Security companies. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiGate: Check Point CloudGuard Network vs Fortinet FortiGate

What is Check Point CloudGuard Network?

Check Point CloudGuard provides unified cloud native security for all your assets and workloads, giving you the confidence to automate security, prevent threats, and manage posture – everywhere – across your multi-cloud environment.

Check Point CloudGuard Network is also known as CloudGuard IaaS, Check Point vSEC, CloudGuard IaaS, Check Point Virtual Systems, Check Point CloudGuard Network Security.

Check Point CloudGuard Network Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point CloudGuard Network Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Check Point CloudGuard Network Customers

Physicians Choice Laboratory Services, Helvetica Insurance

Check Point CloudGuard Network Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

JC
Senior Network Engineer at a marketing services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
This solution has provided the security that we were lacking on the cloud

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is cloud protection for MC65 Operating System, AWS, and Microsoft.

• "It is scalable. It's a cloud solution, so it's easy to implement and manage."
  • "I like how straightforward it is and simple it is to implement in the cloud."
  • "The product can still grow."

What other advice do I have?

Look into it. I like how straightforward it is and simple it is to implement in the cloud.
JT
Senior Network Engineer at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to move into the cloud without having to change a lot of our internal processes and retrain staff but it has more maturing to do

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for major cloud vendors: AWS and Azure.

• "Moving into the cloud without having to change a lot of our internal processes and retrain staff is one of the biggest benefits of this solution."
  • "I would like to see more focus on east-west traffic inspection and AWS."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a six out of ten. Other vendors typically are working with hardware acceleration and various other products, which you can't get in the cloud. One of the key things that made us more comfortable with Check Point is this is only thing that they do. It's the same exact thing as they are doing on-premise for the most part.
Learn what your peers think about Check Point CloudGuard Network. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Network Engineer at Acliv Technologies Pvt Ltd
Enables us to monitor what comes over to our network and we can then check the dashboard and work accordingly

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to secure networks. We block unwanted malware.

• "The most valuable feature is the monitoring. We can easily monitor what kind of stuff comes over to our network and we can then check the dashboard and work accordingly."
  • "The initial setup was a bit complex."

What other advice do I have?

Ultimately Palo Alto is a very advanced firewall. This firewall can easily identify what application is running behind the network. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
IT Security Consultant at Cilnet
We consolidated from multiple consoles and clusters into an all-in-one cluster solution

How has it helped my organization?

We consolidated from three management consoles and three clusters to only one, which is a big improvement.

What is most valuable?

In general, Check Point VSX is a good solution. Its blades and VSLS (Virtual System Load Sharing) work fine.

What needs improvement?

Having a web UI in the VSX (or something similar) would be nice. However, you can do everything in the CLI.

Less than one year.

We are replacing three old cluster ASA firewalls and concentrating it into an all-in-one VSX cluster. This allows our central management have more time for other tasks.
Information Security Analyst at a non-profit with 1,001-5,000 employees
Multiple virtual firewalls on one box are extremely useful

• "Monitoring using SmartConsole and all its features is extremely easy, and I find SmartEvent an excellent monitoring tool for spotting threats and user behaviour."
  • "The multiple virtual firewalls on one box are extremely useful and the interconnection with virtual switches is simple and easy to understand."
  • "We have Microsoft CASB cloud app security and it's one of the least compatible firewalls. They really need to look at this, as both Check Point and Microsoft are major players. Why aren't they compatible? If we had Palo Alto then we wouldn't have this problem."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you can make use of the virtual firewalls and read up on the device or take a course before you implement. Or, if you get it installed, make sure you have the right devices in the right virtual firewalls.
Co-founder & CTO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Valuable features include centralized management using the MDM solution and the log management module.

What other advice do I have?

Choose your implementation partner very carefully. Choose someone who has done multiple, large-scale implementations and can show proof of the same in terms of customer references through emails or phone calls.
Senior Security Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The product is stable but we had issues when we had really old hardware that had a less than stable OS.

What other advice do I have?

Think of VSX as similar to VMware ESX solution. It will, in the long run, save a lot of money with the return it gives to the company. It is easy to maintain by a capable support team and can easily fit within the network where there is a requirement.
Senior InfoSec Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Very intuitive ACL menu and design. A powerhouse firewall appliacnce

What other advice do I have?

This enterprise class firewall appliance is great and very intuitive menu. Great for inline firewall access control to work with Cisco or any vendor switch. It has a suite of applications to help you setup virtual firewalls and provide redundancy or bandwidth to whatever application or service you are providing.
Manager of Infrastructure with 51-200 employees
It has improved the way our organization functions in terms of visualization, simplicity, manageability, and support.

Valuable Features

Most of all, depends upon your environment.

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

Areas for improvement include other Security Features like AntiVirus, AntiSpam, DLP etc.

Use of Solution

I have been using this solution for a decade.

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability but it completely depends on how you/ at what stage you implement. Additionally, what features you enable.

No. You need to look upon sizing, one should never oversize nor undersize. Detail understanding is a requirement one needs to keep in mind.

Download our free Check Point CloudGuard Network Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.