Check Point CloudGuard Network Overview
Check Point CloudGuard Network is the #1 ranked solution in our list of best Cloud Security companies. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiGate: Check Point CloudGuard Network vs Fortinet FortiGate
What is Check Point CloudGuard Network?
Check Point CloudGuard provides unified cloud native security for all your assets and workloads, giving you the confidence to automate security, prevent threats, and manage posture – everywhere – across your multi-cloud environment.
Check Point CloudGuard Network is also known as CloudGuard IaaS, Check Point vSEC, CloudGuard IaaS, Check Point Virtual Systems, Check Point CloudGuard Network Security.
Check Point CloudGuard Network Buyer's Guide
Download the Check Point CloudGuard Network Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021
Check Point CloudGuard Network Customers
Physicians Choice Laboratory Services, Helvetica Insurance
Check Point CloudGuard Network Video
Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Senior Network Engineer at a marketing services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 5, 2019
This solution has provided the security that we were lacking on the cloud
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case of this solution is cloud protection for MC65 Operating System, AWS, and Microsoft.
Pros and Cons
- "It is scalable. It's a cloud solution, so it's easy to implement and manage."
- "I like how straightforward it is and simple it is to implement in the cloud."
- "The product can still grow."
What other advice do I have?Look into it. I like how straightforward it is and simple it is to implement in the cloud.
Senior Network Engineer at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 27, 2019
Enables us to move into the cloud without having to change a lot of our internal processes and retrain staff but it has more maturing to do
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case is for major cloud vendors: AWS and Azure.
Pros and Cons
- "Moving into the cloud without having to change a lot of our internal processes and retrain staff is one of the biggest benefits of this solution."
- "I would like to see more focus on east-west traffic inspection and AWS."
What other advice do I have?I would rate it a six out of ten. Other vendors typically are working with hardware acceleration and various other products, which you can't get in the cloud. One of the key things that made us more comfortable with Check Point is this is only thing that they do. It's the same exact thing as they are doing on-premise for the most part.
Learn what your peers think about Check Point CloudGuard Network. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Network Engineer at Acliv Technologies Pvt Ltd
Real UserTop 5
Feb 17, 2019
Enables us to monitor what comes over to our network and we can then check the dashboard and work accordingly
What is our primary use case?We use this solution to secure networks. We block unwanted malware.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is the monitoring. We can easily monitor what kind of stuff comes over to our network and we can then check the dashboard and work accordingly."
- "The initial setup was a bit complex."
What other advice do I have?Ultimately Palo Alto is a very advanced firewall. This firewall can easily identify what application is running behind the network. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Apr 16, 2018
We consolidated from multiple consoles and clusters into an all-in-one cluster solution
How has it helped my organization?We consolidated from three management consoles and three clusters to only one, which is a big improvement.
What is most valuable?In general, Check Point VSX is a good solution. Its blades and VSLS (Virtual System Load Sharing) work fine.
What needs improvement?Having a web UI in the VSX (or something similar) would be nice. However, you can do everything in the CLI.
For how long have I used the solution?Less than one year.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?We are replacing three old cluster ASA firewalls and concentrating it into an all-in-one VSX cluster. This allows our central management have more time for other tasks.
Jan 23, 2018
Multiple virtual firewalls on one box are extremely useful
Pros and Cons
- "Monitoring using SmartConsole and all its features is extremely easy, and I find SmartEvent an excellent monitoring tool for spotting threats and user behaviour."
- "The multiple virtual firewalls on one box are extremely useful and the interconnection with virtual switches is simple and easy to understand."
- "We have Microsoft CASB cloud app security and it's one of the least compatible firewalls. They really need to look at this, as both Check Point and Microsoft are major players. Why aren't they compatible? If we had Palo Alto then we wouldn't have this problem."
What other advice do I have?Make sure you can make use of the virtual firewalls and read up on the device or take a course before you implement. Or, if you get it installed, make sure you have the right devices in the right virtual firewalls.
Co-founder & CTO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Real UserTop 10
Jun 8, 2017
Valuable features include centralized management using the MDM solution and the log management module.
What other advice do I have?Choose your implementation partner very carefully. Choose someone who has done multiple, large-scale implementations and can show proof of the same in terms of customer references through emails or phone calls.
Senior Security Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 23, 2015
The product is stable but we had issues when we had really old hardware that had a less than stable OS.
What other advice do I have?Think of VSX as similar to VMware ESX solution. It will, in the long run, save a lot of money with the return it gives to the company. It is easy to maintain by a capable support team and can easily fit within the network where there is a requirement.
Sep 15, 2014
Very intuitive ACL menu and design. A powerhouse firewall appliacnce
What other advice do I have?This enterprise class firewall appliance is great and very intuitive menu. Great for inline firewall access control to work with Cisco or any vendor switch. It has a suite of applications to help you setup virtual firewalls and provide redundancy or bandwidth to whatever application or service you are providing.
Aug 21, 2014
It has improved the way our organization functions in terms of visualization, simplicity, manageability, and support.
Valuable FeaturesMost of all, depends upon your environment.
Improvements to My OrganizationIt has improved the way our organization functions in terms of visualization, simplicity, manageability, and support.
Room for ImprovementAreas for improvement include other Security Features like AntiVirus, AntiSpam, DLP etc.
Use of SolutionI have been using this solution for a decade.
Deployment IssuesNo issues with deployment.
Stability IssuesNo issues with stability but it completely depends on how you/ at what stage you implement. Additionally, what features you enable.
Scalability IssuesNo. You need to look upon sizing, one should never oversize nor undersize. Detail understanding is a requirement one needs to keep in mind.
Customer Service and Technical Support…
Download our free Check Point CloudGuard Network Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
- Which is the best network firewall for a small retailer?
- When evaluating Firewalls, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- What is the best way to prevent DoppelPaymer Ransomware?
- Can you recommend a solution to replace Cyberoam 200ing Firewall?
- Best firewall models for 750 to 1000 users
- Best Firewall to create VPN for 250 plus users currently working from home?
- Which lesser known firewall product has the best chance at unseating the market leaders?
- What are the threats associated with using ‘bogus’ cybersecurity tools?
- Comparing network security vendors and devices
- Does Fortinet FortiGate have AI capabilities?