Check Point VSX Reviews

industry
rating
Co-founder & CTO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jun 08 2017

What is most valuable?

Valuable features include centralized management using the MDM solution of Check Point and the Log Management module. The latest version of VSX supports all blades of Check Point's security suite. I get maximum flexibility as I can use a... more»

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier versions only supported the Firewall and VPN feature. Now I can run Anti-Bot/Anti-Virus, URL and App Filtering, Threat Emulation, and other blades. I can assign weights to each virtual gateway depending on how critical each virtual... more»

What needs improvement?

It is somewhat difficult to upgrade the entire hardware without downtime.
Information Security Analyst at a non-profit with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 23 2018

What is most valuable?

The multiple virtual firewalls on one box are extremely useful and the interconnection with virtual switches is simple and easy to understand. We need a product that is logical and for which we can find people skilled who are interested in... more»

How has it helped my organization?

Monitoring using SmartConsole and all its features is extremely easy, and I find SmartEvent an excellent monitoring tool for spotting threats and user behaviour.

What needs improvement?

We have Microsoft CASB cloud app security and it's one of the least compatible firewalls. They really need to look at this, as both Check Point and Microsoft are major players. Why aren't they compatible? If we had Palo Alto then we wouldn't... more»
Find out what your peers are saying about Check Point, Cisco, pfSense and others in Firewalls.
287,741 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Security Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Apr 16 2018

What do you think of Check Point VSX?

Improvements to My Organization We consolidated from three management consoles and three clusters to only one, which is a big improvement.  • Valuable Features In general, Check Point VSX is a good solution. Its blades and VSLS (Virtual System Load Sharing) work fine. • Room for Improvement Having a web UI in the VSX (or something similar) would be nice. However, you can do everything in the CLI. • Use of Solution Less than one year. • Previous Solutions We are replacing three old cluster ASA firewalls and concentrating it into an all-in-one VSX cluster. This allows our central management have more time for other tasks.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Check Point VSX

287,741 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Check Point VSX Questions

Check Point VSX Projects By Members

Check Point VSX Consultants

What is Check Point VSX?

VSX (Virtual System Extension) is a security and VPN solution for large-scale environments based on the proven security of Check Point Security Gateway. VSX provides comprehensive protection for multiple networks or VLANs within complex infrastructures. It securely connects them to shared resources such as the Internet and/or a DMZ, and allows them to safely interact with each other.
Check Point VSX customers
Bentley Systems, Almaviva TSF S.p.A, Yankuang Group, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Firewalls solution is right for you?

Download our free Firewalls Report and find out what your peers are saying about Check Point, Cisco, pfSense, and more!