Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Reviews

rating
Marius Garbea
Quality Assurance Manager at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 06 2019

What is most valuable?

I like the ability to share the connections or simply to be able to pass the credentials for a connection to other colleagues without bothering too much about the connection being tracked or about security. Each and every user will require a secret password, so I don't really care about sending the details. It's very secure.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes I need to connect with Cisco AnyConnect and I don't have access to a Windows machine, so I need to run the client from a Linux machine. If I recall correctly, the last build for the Linux was five or six years ago. So, sometimes it happens that I have this issue with not being able to use Cisco AnyConnect just because I'm forced to use a Linux machine, and the client is very old and it… more»

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anyone who is considering its implementation. I would rate this solution between a seven and an eight out of ten.
Software Tester at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Aug 26 2019

What is most valuable?

I like that it is really easy to use, it's a simple product. It can connect remotely with a secure network.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be a little more modern looking and it would be nice for other users if it had easier integration. Another point of improvement is that it is easy to forget that you are in a private network and it does not log you out automatically. I did not see that there is an option for… more»

I have not used a different VPN provider.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anybody considering it. I think it is a good product. I would rate it a ten out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Zscaler and others in Enterprise Infrastructure VPN. Updated: September 2019.
372,124 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Consultant at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Sep 27 2019

What is most valuable?

I like how I don't need to see the solution or start it up. I just use my computer and have it working in the background. I start my laptop and it's there and working. That's the most important feature.

What needs improvement?

The hotspots give me connectivity issues occasionally. It could be easier to use if it allowed me to choose the hotspot.

We previously used a different solution. It came from the IT department but it wasn't very stable. They changed the VPN to AnyConnect and now it works well.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model. I'm satisfied with the solution. I'd recommend it to others. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

We didn't evaluate other options before choosing this solution.
Network Administrator
Sep 30 2019

What is most valuable?

It is easy to handle, you can have it on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is quite useful.

What needs improvement?

Often, there are new versions to install and that can be annoying for our users. Having to deal with a new version every two weeks is a bit overdone. It would be useful to have an automatic install process where if you connect and you don't have the latest version, it should be automatically done.

What other advice do I have?

We do not have a personal relationship with Cisco. We are customers. This is a solution that I would recommend. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
TomaszKowalik
IT Consultant at Kowalik IT Consulting
Sep 29 2019

What do you think of Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client?

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model. Our primary use case is to connect external users to our research center.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to handle. You can have it on Windows, Linux or Mac, which is quite useful.

What needs improvement?

Every two weeks there was a new version to install which was annoying for the users.  The price should be lower.

We have been using this solution for around six to eight years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

Technical support is good. We are satisfied.

The initial setup…

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

372,124 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Questions

What is Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client?

As mobile workers roam to different locations, an always-on intelligent VPN helps AnyConnect client devices to automatically select the optimal network access point and adapt its tunneling protocol to the most efficient method. This may include voice over IP (VoIP) traffic, TCP-based application access, or Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol for latency-sensitive traffic.

Also known as
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility, AnyConnect Secure Mobility, Cisco AnyConnect, AnyConnect
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client customers

MST, Molina Healthcare, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Arup, New South Wales Rural Fire
Service