Cisco Data Center Network Manager Overview

Cisco Data Center Network Manager is the #25 ranked solution in our list of best Network Monitoring Tools. It is most often compared to SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer: Cisco Data Center Network Manager vs SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer

What is Cisco Data Center Network Manager?
Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) is designed to help you efficiently implement, visualize, and manage Cisco Unified Fabric. It includes a comprehensive feature set, along with a customizable dashboard that provides enhanced visibility and automated fabric provisioning of dynamic data centers.

Cisco Data Center Network Manager is also known as Data Center Network Manager.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Cisco Data Center Network Manager Customers
Banco de Guayaquil, Cox Communications, Kuwait Petroleum Italia, Roper St. Francis, University of British Columbia
Cisco Data Center Network Manager Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Data Center Network Manager pricing:
  • "The product is licensed with contracts that work on a yearly basis rather than a monthly model."
  • "The solution is very expensive."

HongFang
Solution Consultant at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dependable and has excellent stability

What is our primary use case?

We use this product as an enterprise network troubleshooting solution and also the operator of the VPN (Virtual Private Network) solution for our enterprise network.

• "The product has excellent stability."
  • "It would be nice to have the ability to more easily collect information from other software when doing some types of analysis."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Cisco Data Center Network Manager as an eight-out-of-ten. Maybe even a nine-out-of-ten. It is a very good product but every product can be improved. The documentation for this product can certainly be improved, for example.
DS
Project Manager with 201-500 employees
Good connectivity monitoring, but there are still things that they need to work on

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. I am in a networking environment and this is a solution for monitoring the activity and connectivity in a Cisco network.

• "The most valuable feature is the connectivity monitoring."
  • "Sometimes the product gives us problems that require support."

What other advice do I have?

At this point, I am happy with this product and I would recommend it. I will only switch if somebody comes out with one that is much better. In general, this is a good solution, but there are still things that they need to work on. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Paessler AG and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AS
CSD Manager at BTC
Reseller
Network monitoring is straightforward and the program is really easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for system network monitoring. We also use it for the implementation of Cisco projects and for gateway documents. We recently did a big implementation, and we did most of the features and configuration through Cisco Data Center Network Manager. So we are basically using this product to implement another one.

• "I like that is easy to work on and straightforward."
  • "The configuration is too complicated and you have to create templates and use a lot of menus."

What other advice do I have?

This solution is the easiest and most straightforward. We would recommend it for sure. I would like to see more product devices and have the full software to the Data Center Management product to purchase. This is because the Data Center Network Manager doesn't support every product of Cisco. On a scale from one to 10, I would rate Cisco Data Center Network Manager an eight because there is room for improvement.
AN
IT Solution Consultant at PCS
Reseller
A great monitoring system and informative user interface are great features

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for monitoring and protecting companies from malware attacks as well as providing secure VPN. I'm an IT solution consultant.

• "Monitoring system provides a clear indication of what's going on in the network."
  • "It's a relatively expensive product for some clients."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Network Manager for small and medium scale companies. When it comes to larger scale companies, you would need to look at HP. I would rate this product a nine out of 10.
CT
Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable monitoring and backup solution for our customers that is easy to install

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to manage our customer's storage network, collect their data, and to back up their data.  Customers want us to monitor the data samples, or they may request that we do some management of the network devices. The deployment model we are using is a stand-alone, on-premises. For each site, they had six different types and for all of them, we used only one Data Centre Manager.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see it merged with Prime and I think that it should be more unified.

I have been using this solution for almost twelve years.

This solution is quite stable. After installation, you…
RE
IT Manager Network at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
The automation of features that used to be done manually is a significant time saver

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of the solution is for automation. We're an airline so a lot of people buy from us. We are vendors and I'm an IT manager.

• "Automation of the ILS."
  • "API lacks robustness."

What other advice do I have?

Any company needs to understand that it requires a commitment, the need to employ somebody who's a specialist, who understands and can manage the portal itself. If you do that, there are many benefits to be had. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
MM
IT Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 11-50 employees
Stable and easy to use, but it is rather expensive

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for network monitoring and security components.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is the stability of the solution.

What needs improvement?

It is not very easy to monitor or to browse. I would like to see an improvement in the interface. I would also like to see more feedback options.

I have been using Cisco Data Center Network for two years now on-prem.

The solution is very stable and it has never crashed on us.

The setup and installation of Cisco is very easy.

The solution is very expensive.  …
Product Categories
Network Monitoring Software
Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Paessler AG, and more!