Cisco Data Center Network Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Data Center Network Manager is #39 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. IT Central Station users give Cisco Data Center Network Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. Cisco Data Center Network Manager is most commonly compared to Zabbix:Cisco Data Center Network Manager vs Zabbix. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Cisco Data Center Network Manager?
Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) is designed to help you efficiently implement, visualize, and manage Cisco Unified Fabric. It includes a comprehensive feature set, along with a customizable dashboard that provides enhanced visibility and automated fabric provisioning of dynamic data centers.

Cisco Data Center Network Manager was previously known as Data Center Network Manager.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Cisco Data Center Network Manager Customers
Banco de Guayaquil, Cox Communications, Kuwait Petroleum Italia, Roper St. Francis, University of British Columbia
Cisco Data Center Network Manager Video

Archived Cisco Data Center Network Manager Reviews (more than two years old)

AS
CSD Manager at BTC
Reseller
Network monitoring is straightforward and the program is really easy to use

• "I like that is easy to work on and straightforward."
  • "The configuration is too complicated and you have to create templates and use a lot of menus."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for system network monitoring. We also use it for the implementation of Cisco projects and for gateway documents. We recently did a big implementation, and we did most of the features and configuration through Cisco Data Center Network Manager. So we are basically using this product to implement another one.

What is most valuable?

I like that is easy to work on and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The configuration is too complicated and you have to create templates and use a lot of menus. They need to make it simpler.

I have been using the solution for two years now.

We've tried the maximum scalability and it is really scalable. We've had no problems.

Whenever we have any cases we are dire to commit to, we use Cisco's technical support. They are very good.

We normally use Cisco products, like Cisco Management. I have a variance with SolarWinds and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol). But we try to choose the same product from the same window from Cisco, and now we are trying to provide the same network for the management.

The initial setup was really straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is the easiest and most straightforward. We would recommend it for sure. I would like to see more product devices and have the full software to the Data Center Management product to purchase. This is because the Data Center Network Manager doesn't support every product of Cisco. On a scale from one to 10, I would rate Cisco Data Center Network Manager an eight because there is room for improvement.

MM
IT Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 11-50 employees
Stable and easy to use, but it is rather expensive

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for network monitoring and security components.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is the stability of the solution.

What needs improvement?

It is not very easy to monitor or to browse. I would like to see an improvement in the interface. I would also like to see more feedback options.

I have been using Cisco Data Center Network for two years now on-prem.

The solution is very stable and it has never crashed on us.

The setup and installation of Cisco is very easy.

The solution is very expensive.  …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is the stability of the solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Cisco Data Center Network for two years now on-prem.

The solution is very stable and it has never crashed on us.

The setup and installation of Cisco is very easy.

The solution is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate Cisco Data Center Network a seven out of ten. In the future I would like to see it being more affordable.

Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Paessler AG and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CT
Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable monitoring and backup solution for our customers that is easy to install

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to manage our customer's storage network, collect their data, and to back up their data.  Customers want us to monitor the data samples, or they may request that we do some management of the network devices. The deployment model we are using is a stand-alone, on-premises. For each site, they had six different types and for all of them, we used only one Data Centre Manager.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see it merged with Prime and I think that it should be more unified.

I have been using this solution for almost twelve years.

This solution is quite stable. After installation, you…

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for almost twelve years.

This solution is quite stable. After installation, you almost forget that it is working.

It is difficult to provide an opinion on the scalability because each data center has its base and its own data center manager.

I could not give you exact numbers, but approximately, I would say that they have twenty devices.

I have not contacted technical support because I haven't needed any support.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

If they want to mix storage in it, they can use it to manage the devices. They cannot, however, do this through the database client. It can only be done through the manager.

We are partners with Cisco.

Network Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The dashboard needs an improvement, overall experience is pretty smooth.
Pros:- 1) Combined management of both Ethernet and storage networks can be achieved in a single dashboard using Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) which enables network and storage administrators to troubleshoot health and performance across the whole range of Cisco NX-OS Software platforms 2) By using Cisco DCNM, IT administrators can identify available port capacity, reclaim orphaned ports, and maintain inventory of logical and physical switch components. 3)Cisco DCNM also simplifies deployment SAN and LAN components by providing wizard- and template-based provisioning and configuration. 4) Role-based access control (RBAC) helps separate configuration of LAN and SAN networks on converged network switches. 5)DCNM supports TACACS+, RADIUS, and now Lightweight…

Pros:-

5)DCNM supports TACACS+, RADIUS, and now Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) remote authentication protocols to help manage user access to switching infrastructure.
Cons:
1. The dashboard is not very user friendly, specifically for new users. Its needs a bit of getting used to and thus better suited experienced users.
2. Managing LDAP remote authentication is not straight forward and needs a bit of tweaking. I had to struggle a bit to set things up. However, once setup it just works without any hassle.

Product Categories
Network Monitoring Software
Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Paessler AG, and more!