Cisco Enterprise Routers OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Enterprise Routers is #2 ranked solution in top Routers. IT Central Station users give Cisco Enterprise Routers an average rating of 8 out of 10. Cisco Enterprise Routers is most commonly compared to MikroTik Routers and Switches:Cisco Enterprise Routers vs MikroTik Routers and Switches. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 50% of all views.
What is Cisco Enterprise Routers?
The high-performance Cisco Enterprise Routers are the market leader due to their breadth of advanced support for LAN/WAN services, redundancy, reliability, and performance.
Cisco Enterprise Routers Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Enterprise Routers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2021

Cisco Enterprise Routers Customers
Aegean Motorway, Boingo, Chartwell School, Children's Hospital of Orange County , Department of Justice, Explorer Pipeline, Linz AG, National Rugby League, New South Wales Rural Fire Service, Telecom Italia, Transwestern
Cisco Enterprise Routers Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Enterprise Routers pricing:
  • "Cisco is way too expensive for small and medium businesses. They must lower their prices in the lower range equipment."
  • "Cisco routers are an expensive product."
  • "It's not a fair price, it's a bit too high."
  • "Cisco Switches are an expensive product in India. Linksys products are cheaper than Cisco Switches."
  • "It's not probably the best solution if you have a very limited budget, as it can become very expensive to have robust equipment."

Cisco Enterprise Routers Reviews

SB
Principal Engineer IoT Network Architecture at Vodafone Idea Limited
Simple command line interface, intuitive design, but orchestration could improve

• "I have found the most valuable feature of Cisco Enterprise Routers to be the simplicity of the command-line interface, it is very intuitive as to how the commands need to be configured for a specific use case."
  • "Over time things have changed where Cisco has not invested in improving the orchestration and simplifying it for people who do not want to get into the details. Cisco has not gone into that focus."

What is our primary use case?

We have been using Cisco Enterprise Routers for building micro-networks and internet networks for main VPN services, high-speed internet access, and extending the network of customers.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature of Cisco Enterprise Routers to be the simplicity of the command-line interface, it is very intuitive as to how the commands need to be configured for a specific use case.

What needs improvement?

Over time things have changed where Cisco has not invested in improving the orchestration and simplifying it for people who do not want to get into the details. Cisco has not gone into that focus. Technologies such as MPLS and VPN, have become very difficult to use for many service providers. This is where you have the admission of software-defined networks which brought in a lot of simplicity when it comes to routing and functionality.

What Cisco Routers needs to do to improve is what they have already done with the SD-WAN solution. It is a very, elegant solution, but even though it is a pretty comprehensive solution, one of the problems with the Cisco solution is many customers do not use all the features. They must have a category of customer premises equipment, specifically for the managed service providers and enterprise networks that can be much more cost-effective from an IT perspective. The configuration can be simplified at the GUI level. It should be easier because any telecommunication provider only has an enterprise network nowadays.

When I am running an SD-WAN as an enterprise, I have features that are capable of finding an alternate path when there is latency. I have yet to find a solution to integrate them. For example, if I am a managed services provider for an SD-WAN customer, how do I make sure that this feature is automatically taken care of by the service provider side by monitoring its own option. This managing from the service provider side in the SD-WAN solution does not exist, it is all only static provisioning right now. When you are doing the original provisioning it happens, but dynamically when the network changes due to quirks in the network, how does it actually handle it. If there was this kind of features it would help Cisco to become the best in the process. You need to have a more solution-specific understanding.

The parts management teams have to come up with features that will benefit the service provider and the enterprises if they want to be the best.

I have been working with Cisco Enterprise Routers for approximately 30 years.

The stability and bugs are more related to a Cisco internal issue because when I worked in the Cisco team in research and development, their internal procedures were very complex and they had a very bloated OS software. All those problems have been solved in approximately 2007. They have improved a lot of processes and areas. They brought more modularity into the code and they have strict mechanisms for fixing the software. Earlier the problem was that when they fixed the problem for one router, they had to go and fix the same issue in different code bases. For example, if there was a bug in QoS, Quality of Service, code and it was on a router that was also found to be in all the versions which of many other routers, they will fix on few of them. They will not fix many others because that would cause problems later in the deployment of the solution. This method has backfired a lot for Cisco.

They learned from their mistakes and started modularizing the code, they standardized the quality of service across the platforms and those problems went away.

Now they have much more modular code and have done a very good job standardizing the CLI. This is what is helping the orchestration because the more complexity you have across different platforms it makes it very difficult for orchestration. You are able to do it but it makes it even worse. They needed big teams to manage the bug fixes and to understand how the bugs were going to be fixed. Now with the tools that are available, they have simplified a lot of the processes. The concept of segment routing and how can it be used for micro-segmentation, are wonderful features.

The lack of talent is the major challenge and is something that is widening. However, orchestration solutions will actually help. The more proficient technical support personnel can focus on the troubleshooting whereas the entry-level personnel can focus on the orchestration part and manage the services. The troubleshooting can be taken care of by the more technologically advanced personnel at level two support and the level three technical support should be in the position to go right down through the levels and be able to see what is going wrong and fix the issue.

There was a time when we had excellent technical support in Cisco. It has been 10 years since I left Cisco and one thing I can say is that over a period of time, the technical support of Cisco diminished. The problems were more related to the internal processes within the system and the hiring processes that were used. When you are hiring people for technical support you cannot just hire somebody based on CCIE or CCNA certification. You need people who are real engineers who understand the protocol at the level of detail that is required at the level of implementation and the software must be understood extremely.

Unfortunately, in CCIE they learn how to pass the exams, but they really do not know how to build real networks. There are people who are very good at networking in configuring but they are extremely bad when it comes to understanding computer architecture, what is error correction memory, how does it affect software performance, and what kind of problems it can bring. They have no idea at all. This causes a problem when attempting to troubleshoot the equipment.

These problems are what Cisco and all others face. Cisco has invested a lot in their teams, but if you have managers who do not know how to recruit the right type of people then you face a lot of challenges. Those working on routers, switches, networks, and their environments must have a good understanding of what an operating system is, what is the computer architecture, what is the architecture of the router, and what it is implemented in the protocol. It is very important to be aware of the tools that are in the customer environment, how is the customer using them, are they using them in the right way, or in the wrong way. These things also must be understood.

Most of the help personnel just focus on the software side of the problem. They are not worried whether the customer is getting the connectivity in the right way or not, you have to be supporting in the right way. When I was in a company called Wipro, which is a Cisco partner, I found that they did not know even know how to handle the information correctly. You feel a lot of challenges because of the way hiring is done.

I am not sure how they handle new features or functionality nowadays but I used to do technology transfer to help people understand how a particular feature or the new functionality that is developed in the platform was supposed to be working, such as certain setup commands that I have used for configuration, the expected outputs, and some of the basic troubleshooting that was needed.

The prices of Cisco are mostly fair. Cisco is similar to BMW for the networking industry. If you compare it with other vendors, such as Huawei, they cannot match the service. Cisco solution serves as the BMW of the networking industry in the way that the others are trying to live up to those expectations. Cisco is justified in some of the pricing, not all the pricing, if you go to the Cisco website, you can see the detailed documentation.

I am currently working with Nokia and it is very difficult to find where the documentation is on the web. They do not even provide the datasheets, and they are only provided them on request for the equipment. How will a person really appreciate a company when it comes to that kind of solution? I can go to the Cisco website and look at the SD-WAN to see the validated designs, all the information, and understand them just by creating myself an account but not with Nokia. I am even trying to figure out what are the protocols that Nokia will use in their SD-WAN solution. It would be much easier to have documentation to compare the advantage and disadvantages. Cisco's openness in their documentation is one of the most appealing strengths of the company, it really gives you an indication of how open they are. The documents detail how much money they spend on it, and how they are helping the industry from an infrastructure perspective. Additionally, Cisco gives you talented individuals. There are people who are self-learners who will go to the website and look at the documentation, learn, and understand the software to find which functionality has a bug. When it comes to a Nokia, they will only help you if you are a managed service with a contract. Otherwise, you cannot even deploy their equipment, this is not a good practice.

I justify part of the pricing that Cisco has but not the full model. There is a 25 percent price increase over the Nokia and it is justified for what Cisco delivers to its customers. I am calculating not just the pricing for just the routers, but the overall price, including openness and how much support they can handle. They are excellent. If you run a network without software support from Cisco and call technical support they will help. For example, they will indicate the problem exists because you upgraded the software and if you have a contract, you can automatically download the software to fix the problem. This would not be the case with Nokia, you will need them to be involved, they select the managed services, and that makes it extremely difficult for people to afford.

Cisco is way too expensive for small and medium businesses. They must lower their prices in the lower range equipment. They need to make sure that they do not ignore that market segment because they will lose it for good. They will be gone from the Asian market and they will survive with only those companies which are extending their arms into India and South Asia because of the large companies that are there. They will not be able to penetrate the markets in all small and medium businesses and will not thrive.

I have evaluated Huawei and Nokia solutions. Nokia solutions are pretty good. However, in their software, I have heard from many of my friends, they have some type of secrecy that they follow that is very difficult for me to digest.

What other advice do I have?

It is important for smaller companies to focus on understanding how deployments are done. The learning should be done from the perspective of deployment operations because whether you are an enterprise or a service provider you are buying these routers and offering a service to the internal or external customers as a service provider. You need to understand how these platforms and overall solutions help you to build a network faster and which part of it reduces the cost. Many of the smaller companies do not understand the operational expenses well enough, they will end up doing all kinds of Ad Hoc configurations with half the knowledge, and they will run into problems and it will be expensive.

I rate Cisco Enterprise Routers a six out of ten.

DM
Sr. Network Engineer at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Easy to set up, reliable, and has pretty good technical support

• "They are the best in failover switches. Their product line is excellent."
  • "Depending on the customer, the initial setup could be complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the router. It could be H branches router, the MPLS router. or the border gateways router.

How has it helped my organization?

The routing aspect itself has improved the way our client's organizations are run.

What is most valuable?

We don't necessarily give a lot of interest to the various aspects of the solution as Cisco has dedicated devices for a bunch of features. That said, routing is in the running.

They are the best in failover switches. Their product line is excellent.

What needs improvement?

We don't really see any places where Cisco is lacking. They are quite reliable.

A specific client may have specific needs. There may be features they need that Cisco may not have. Each organization is unique in that sense.

It would be nice if Cisco had the capability for packet capture.

Depending on the customer, the initial setup could be complex.

Technical support could be slightly more responsive.

We've used the solution for more than five years at this point. It's been a while.

We've used other technologies that have given us issues, however, we've had very few problems with Cisco. It's quite a reliable product.

Whether the solution scales well depends on the client and the model they've chosen to work with. Some customers have certain requirements and will need to work with certain models in order to get the scalability they desire.

We usually do some analysis and we only provide recommendations based on future goals or future requirements, instead of anything else. That way, we're prepared for an expansion.

We typically support small or medium companies. We don't typically deal with enterprise-level organizations. If we do deal with enterprises, it is only for support and not for implementation.

I'm an engineer. I do my best not to call support. My job is to resolve issues to whatever I can do. I don't like relying on customer support, or support from the vendor. That's not appreciated from the customer side. What's the point of hiring an engineer, otherwise? That said, in the rare instances I do, they have always been very helpful. They are responsive and knowledgeable. I'm very satisfied with them so far. Overall, I would rate them at an eight out of ten.

They could slightly improve on their response time. However, sometimes the issue is that it is difficult to explain. I'm an engineer and I'm on the field, deploying and configuring. Tech support it's only resolving cases based on the database. They start looking for that in the database. Often, whatever recommendation they do, it's not that big of a fix as they just "find" the problem and I resolve it.

While we tend to always recommend Cisco, if a client doesn't have the budget for the solution, they may choose something else.

Our customers are mostly based in the UK. They are not that big. They're rather small companies. They don't require a complex deployment. Therefore, we didn't find the initial setup complex. For us, it was pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Cisco partner.

We use the service cloud routers as well.

In terms of versions, the company has recently changed from IOS to XE. We're using the latest version of the solution.

We're deployed both on-premises and on private clouds. We deploy this for our clients, and therefore the deployment model depends on their requirements.

I'd recommend the solution. If a company decides to go with a Cisco router, they are making a wise decision.

In general, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Cisco Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Farzin Oramipour
CEO at Atin Secure Systems
Great CLI and OS with fantastic stability

• "The solution is easily scalable."
  • "Due to the sanctions on our country, we can't get outside help directly from Cisco. We need to handle the implementation ourselves."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a Cisco specialist, and I implement Cisco devices, not always just for myself. We consult, implement, and design Cisco devices for our customers according to their needs and requirements. Just for the record, I am the CEO of my company: Atin Secure Systems ltd.

What is most valuable?

I feel free with Cisco's operation system (IOS), and specifically, it's CLI. The power of Cisco is it's software and OS, not just their hardware. Their end product is very stable, straightforward, and scalable. However, it takes time and energy for a beginner to be able to administer the CLI.

What needs improvement?

Cisco could update or release a new GUI. It needs a more extensive and comprehensive GUI, specifically for people who don't like using CLIs. I don't mind CLI but, I know based on my experience that not everyone prefers it. Unfortunately, Cisco promotes only to use CLI.

I am teaching Cisco up to CCNP level to my students, but up until today, I haven't been able to take the Cisco exams because we are banned from doing so in our country due to sanctions. We cannot even take the Cisco exams out of the country. I wanted to travel to Turkey to try, however, I was told I wouldn't be recognized even if I pass the exam.

I have been implementing, designing, troubleshooting, and teaching Cisco for ten years.

Cisco has the best stability I have ever seen. There aren't bugs or glitches, freeze, or crashes. It's very reliable.

The solution is very scalable. It's another feature that's great. You can add as many Cisco devices as you want to your project or your scenario if your initial design is correct. This can be done without any side effects and without any big changes.

We're based in Iran. We suffer from a lot of sanctions, so we don't have access to Cisco specialists or Cisco support. It's not allowed.

Cisco is somehow expensive in comparison to other vendors. Hence, we have switched to other brands only to satisfy the financial needs of our customers. Our only suggestion to customers is Cisco.

In my opinion, the initial set up is useless for a person (a specialist or a technician) who wants to run a full scenario. If I were Cisco, I would eliminate that initial setup.

The initial costs of using a full Cisco scenario like purchasing gears and licenses may be a little bit high. However, with accurate design and implementation, you should make sure you are good to go for years.

Cisco is the definition of computer networks in the industry. I have experience and knowledge in other brands like Mikrotik. However, Cisco is the best on the market.

What other advice do I have?

You can't compare Cisco to any other gadget or any other solution. They're the best in the market, hands down. I have no choice other than giving them full marks of ten out of ten. I'd recommend Cisco to everyone.

GA
Deputy Director at a sports company with 201-500 employees
A reliable product that does not require any major changes

• "In itself, Cisco is a reliable product and does not require any major change."
  • "Cisco routers are an expensive product."

What is our primary use case?

We perform immigration checks in Pakistan. We have around 26 distributed check posts across Pakistan. We need network links to collect the data, implement the stop list, and other immigration-related data.

How has it helped my organization?

For immigration, we use an MIS system that helps the immigration personnel. This requires a network infrastructure at its core. We need to ensure the availability of data and to ensure data security.  round 90 to 95 people use it within our organization.

What is most valuable?

In itself, Cisco is a reliable product and does not require any major changes. We have utilized Cisco for around 15 years, and in that time, there has hardly been any incident to my knowledge that a router suddenly became faulty, or started to malfunction. Cisco is an excellent and very comprehensive product, and we have no issues with that.

What needs improvement?

It's not really about how Cisco can be improved, but the utilities around it. For example, Fortinet has a good firewall and useful auditing tools with it. It also allows establishing centralize infrastructure, just by installing a Fortinet client software, VPN software, at the client end. However, we know that Cisco is also providing such a product in the name of AnyConnect. It is a concern over the cost aspect because of the budget we have available, Fortinet is much cheaper than the Cisco product, including the functionalities it provides. Cisco routers are an expensive product. Regarding Cisco usage in the future, it depends upon the increase in the immigration checkpoints. If our government decided to open 10 more immigration checkpoints, and other sites related to those, it would require more procuring of hardware, including the number of routers to support this.

We have been utilizing Cisco routers and switches, since 2004. We are a police organization in Pakistan.

We still use the Cisco router 1721 Modular Access Router, which is now obsolete but still works. It is very stable. We have some very old, like 16, 17 years, old models. We have been using Cisco for around 15, or 16 years. We are satisfied with Cisco.

It's highly scalable. There should always be provision for scalability, as we procure many routers with modular capability. For example, we know that modular routers are capable of extension via WAN interfaces and other interfaces.

We are very much satisfied with Cisco technical support.

Some companies provide initial licenses very cheaply, as do Cisco, but when you want to renew or expand something, the licensing becomes expensive.

The network team proposes that we might utilize Fortinet instead of Cisco in the future. There is no problem with Cisco, but this is when we might move towards Fortinet because Fortinet can provide these things that are very much cheaper than Cisco, including additional resources.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate cisco 9 out of 10. Cisco is the network equipment leader. It introduces new features; it's the trend maker. The trade-off is cost. Cisco is highly recommended, subject to the availability of funds. It's all about the resources you have and how much you want to invest. We are the customer. However, we are also studying Fortinet and its comparisons and things like those to finalize the procurement process.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
Debendra Chaudhary
Network Administrator at OM Networks Pvt Ltd
Great hardware but needs better automation features and could scale easier

• "The solution is mostly stable."
  • "The automation capabilities need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily deployed the solution in IP VPN configurations from the head office to branch offices and other centers.

Currently, in Nepal, there are no advanced Enterprise Routers. This is just for routing and VPN supports.

What is most valuable?

Cisco is a great product.

It is excellent hardware.

The agent support has been terrific.

There are no policy or hardware issues at all. The performance is great.

The solution is mostly stable.

If it's a standard setup, the initial implementation can be straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I want to get some advanced features. I want to use advanced features such as SD-WAN or Viptela and vManage or vBond. However, these are not available in Nepal just yet. The supports could be better in Nepal.

The automation capabilities need improvement. Right now, everything is too manual. We'd like to really see much more automation availability.

The scalability could be better.

I have good experience with Cisco routers and switches. I've been dealing with the solution for about five years.

Mostly the solution is stable, however, there is no 100% certainty in any product. Some could be defective and some could be improved. Some could be weak. However, mostly by-in-large, there is no problem with Cisco products.

In the current device, the scalability is not so good. There are no SD-WAN features in Enterprise Routers. In Nepal, there are normal VPN and normal routing protocols and not many features in SD-WAN.

We also work with Sophos, Fortinet, Nutanix, Peplink, and F5 products. We're also Juniper partners.

If we deploy normal routing just for routing purposes, it is very easy and convenient to configure. However, if you get something on IPC again, such as more robust security, there is a little bit of complexity. It's just a little bit more complicated than normal static routing and other routing protocols.

What other advice do I have?

We are Cisco partners. We are a full IT solutions-oriented company.

I'd rate the solution at a five out of ten. While the hardware is good, it doesn't offer very easy scalability and lacks decent automation capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users, however, it depends on customer requirements. If the customer requirement is a very large network and a lot of brands and there are various data centers, I would recommend they install a different device. There are devices coming - such as SD-WAN. There are Viptela and other devices such as vBond. I would recommend those types of devices and suggest that automation and DNA should be installed.

That said if a customer's requirements are not that broad, and they just need routing, or the requirement is just routing and IPC VPN, I would recommend this product.

KS
IT Consultant at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Easy plug-and-play usage, stable, and scalable

• "What I like the most is that it's an easy plug and play device to work with."
  • "The only other thing we struggled with from time to time is when we were configuring access points through a controller."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers. We provide products for our clients.

I am using this solution for my network in the office.

We mainly sell it to the government departments, who also use it on-premises for their LAN.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most is that it's an easy plug and play device to work with.

What needs improvement?

I haven't really delved deeply into the configuration, so from the router's point of view, I can't provide much of an opinion. From the switches perspective, I feel there isn't much that can be done because again, I have delved into the configuration.

When we set up a LAN and we use Cisco, it makes life easy. If instead, we buy it from the distributor, it comes provisioned with the licenses. We just plug it in, and the network goes up, except when we need to do a VLAN.

The only other thing we struggled with from time to time is when we were configuring access points through a controller. The challenge we had was because our client used a firewall and they used a proxy, which gave us many challenges in relation to the configuration. But other than that, it went well.

The price should be reduced.

Our clients are mainly government and they want to implement CCAT6A and they come up with extremely stringent conditions. It made it difficult for us to even bid because they want gold certified partners. It became a bit tricky for us to submit the bids.

I have been working with Cisco Enterprise Routers for eight years.

There are no issues with stability.

It's a scalable solution.

We have not contacted technical support with this project. We felt it's something we could sort out ourselves and then we managed to sort it out.

It's not a fair price, it's a bit too high.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, but I would ask them to buy from the channel, they shouldn't buy from the market. Because once they buy it from the channel, they do have a lot of benefits that they can derive from it.

I would rate Cisco Enterprise Routers an eight out of ten.

MN
Owner at it logic
Stable and used across a variety of industries

• "Cisco is a good product that is stable."
  • "We need better pricing and support."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the Cisco product in the core Banking industries, and Linksys products are being used in educational institutes and small enterprises.

We are using Cisco switches as a core switch in the Education sector, such as engineering colleges or in small colleges but in the main colleges, we are using the Cisco switches.

The primary use case of this solution is for parallel branches in the banking sector for the cloud and with IPSec.

What needs improvement?

With Cisco Linksys, we need better pricing. Cisco is an expensive product, much more so that other products, such as those by HP.

The Cisco Switches and Routers price should be reduced.

We need better pricing and support.

For Cisco Routers, we need better pricing, better implementation, and support.

I have been selling Cisco Linksys Switches for 15 years.

There are only a few models available in India. Nowadays, we are selling Cisco with Linksys.

We are selling Cisco Wi-Fi routers and switches under the name of Linksys, and other products are available under the Cisco branding.

I have been selling Cisco Enterprise Routers for approximately 16 years.

Both the switches and routers are stable products.

In India, 50% of the customers are using Cisco and the other 50% are using other products.

We plan to continue selling Cisco Routers, as it's a never-ending demand from our customers.

The Cisco line support is not good in India. It takes too long. You can email or go live, but it takes more time to get support from Cisco.

The installation of Cisco Switches or Routers is never easy.

They are command line only, while other routers have a GUI, which is easier to install.

The deployment of the router can take anywhere from one hour to three days.

The switches can take four hours.

Linksys products are cheaper than Cisco Switches.

Cisco Switches are an expensive product in India.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco is the number one brand in India. I would recommend this product.

Cisco is a good product that is stable. However, because of pricing, customers go with other brands.

I would rate Cisco a nine out of ten.

Edgar Eduardo Ramirez Orjuela
Electronic Engineer at SkyNet Colombia
Is stable, scalable, and easy to problem solve without a support contract

• "It's a sound solution, so it's very easy to solve problems without a support contract, as mainly the problems we have related to the equipment can be solved by doing a Google search."
  • "It can be very expensive, sometimes, to do the jump to the next router for your needs."

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Enterprise Routers mostly for the core network and in a satellite network. We use the equipment to connect our equipment to the internet and provide a robust infrastructure to satellite equipment.
It's a complement of the satellite network, and mostly all the switches and routers that we use are from Cisco. Only the permanent equipment for our modems and the modulators are satellite equipment.

What is most valuable?

It's a sound solution, so it's very easy to solve problems without a support contract, as mainly the problems we have related to the equipment can be solved by doing a Google search. Because it's a very well known solution, there are books on problems. It's a solution that fits us, as we probably can't afford a very expensive contract.

It is stable and scalable, and it can be set up fast.

What needs improvement?

It can be very expensive, sometimes, to do the jump to the next router for your needs. It will be great if you can buy a variable router and then upgrade or enable features as you grow. Otherwise, it can become very expensive to have robust equipment.

In the next release, I would like to see more free SD-WAN features and vertical solutions.

I've been using this solution for more than 10 years.

It's a pretty stable solution. We have not had to reboot in a couple of years. It's very rare that we need to reboot a router or a switch.

It is a scalable solution.

The basic configuration can be setup in a day.

It's not probably the best solution if you have a very limited budget, as it can become very expensive to have robust equipment.

What other advice do I have?

If you want an easy solution to keep your network running in a very short time, Cisco Enterprise Routers is a good option. It's not probably the best solution if you have a very limited budget.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Cisco Enterprise Routers at nine.