Ali Liaqat
Executive at FFC
A stable enterprise routing solution with good support

What is our primary use case?

I use Cisco Enterprise Routers for connectivity. I have five branch sites and a headquarters. We use these routers for connectivity between the branch sites and the headquarters where I'm using SAP.

What is most valuable?

I like that Cisco Enterprise Routers is a stable solution. Their technical support is also really good.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if Cisco Enterprise Routers were more secure.

I've been using Cisco Enterprise Routers for about 11 years.

Cisco Enterprise Routers is a stable solution. They are stable enough, and they have been serving us well for the past ten years. We haven't found any issues with them.

What do I

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It would be better if Cisco Enterprise Routers were more secure.

I've been using Cisco Enterprise Routers for about 11 years.

Cisco Enterprise Routers is scalable, but their legacy routers aren't that scalable. However, they have been serving us pretty well over the years. We have about 4,000 users at the moment.

Cisco's tech support has been really good.

The initial setup is straightforward, and it's easy to install. It takes less than an hour to implement this solution. We have a technical team with about 20 people maintaining this solution.

We implemented this solution by ourselves.

I only evaluated Fortinet. There's tough competition between Fortinet and Cisco, but we opted for Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

I would probably recommend this solution to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Cisco Enterprise Routers an eight.

GG
Network Consultant at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Highly stable, scalable, and great performance

What is our primary use case?

Cisco Enterprise Routers can be used for network connectivity. You are able to connect two networks together, such as an enterprise to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The solution has great performance.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having multiple features inclusive of the router, such as a free firewall and VPN. Additionally, it should be a generic box that can act as a router, firewall, and switch.

I have been using Cisco Enterprise Routers for approximately 12 years.

Stability is one of the strongest elements of Cisco Enterprise Routers, they are highly stable.

The…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution has great performance.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Cisco Enterprise Routers for approximately 12 years.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 300 users using the Cisco Enterprise Routers.

There have been some challenges with the technical support. The first level of customer support is not good, you need to escalate it to a higher level to get a resolution. The first level of support could be more knowledgeable and faster.

The installation is not easy, it required someone with a lot of expertise.

We use one technician that can manage approximately 10 routers.

There is a license required for the use of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Cisco Enterprise Routers a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Cisco Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Khairul  Bashar
Manager at Beximco
Easy to configure and manage, and there is a training center in each city

• "The most valuable features are that it is easy to use, it is easy to configure, and manage."
  • "In Bangladesh, we do not have any expert-level support. We are having many issues implementing the DNS system."

What is our primary use case?

We are mainly using this solution for networking and as a firewall.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is easy to use, it is easy to configure, and manage.

There is a training center in each city.

Cisco is a long-lasting product.

What needs improvement?

The DNS system, which is very important, has not yet been implemented. All new Cisco switches are Power over Ethernet (PoE) switches that are DNL supported.

The price could be improved.

We have been using the Cisco Switch, Router, and Firewall for 20 years.

Cisco Routers are scalable. We have approximately 1500 users in our company. Four are engineers that perform maintenance.

We have a Cisco office here, but no technical person on site. There is only a pre-sales person. It is part of our Cisco bundle to have a technical person on-site, but we able to speak with him.

Cisco Enterprise Routers are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Our company has been assigned networking for Cisco, we can't use any other products.

I would recommend the Cisco Enterprise Routers. It's an effective device.

I would rate this product a nine out of ten.

Alkesh Sharma
System Engineer at Rythmos Ind Pvt Ltd.
Simple, good price, good support, and automatic updates

• "Cisco Enterprise Routers are simple. Everything is in a proper manner. You don't need to upgrade or do other things on a daily basis. Cisco sends you the updates, and they are automatically updated. They are good."
  • "They take too much time to reboot or restart. Whenever we hard reset them, they take time. Cisco should resolve this issue."

What is our primary use case?

We are not a big organization. We are using Cyberoam and Cisco Routers for our traffic. We are using the 5501 model.

What is most valuable?

Cisco Enterprise Routers are simple. Everything is in a proper manner. You don't need to upgrade or do other things on a daily basis. Cisco sends you the updates, and they are automatically updated. They are good.

What needs improvement?

They take too much time to reboot or restart. Whenever we hard reset them, they take time. Cisco should resolve this issue.

I have been using this solution for around six to seven years.

They are stable. We haven't faced any issues.

Their technical support is good. They will help you in a proper and decent manner. They are calm. Every time you have a lot of questions or queries, they will come back to you with a positive response.

Their initial setup is normal. You need to configure DHCP and other things.

The price of Cisco Enterprise Routers is good for the service that you get.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Everything is good. Cisco is a good company, and Cisco products are good.

I would rate Cisco Enterprise Routers a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Rajkumar Gottiparthi
Vice President at Vodafone Idea Ltd.
Reasonably priced, easy to install and deploy, and improves company management

What is most valuable?

Cisco Enterprise Routers are the best. I am satisfied with this product. The commands are easy to understand.

What needs improvement?

While the commands are easy to understand, and you will find a mixture, if you put a question mark on them then it will create problems. The improvements will improve our company management and our system compatibility.

I have been working with Cisco Enterprise Routers for two years.

It is stable. We have not had any issues with stability.

It's a scalable product. We have a total of 5,000 employees in our company that we use Cisco Enterprise Routers for.

How are

What is most valuable?

Cisco Enterprise Routers are the best. I am satisfied with this product.

The commands are easy to understand.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Cisco Enterprise Routers for two years.

It is stable. We have not had any issues with stability.

We are troubleshooting for our clients. Our company is a telecom based company. We provide internet data to all of India.

We have three companies on our site with technical issues that require immediate support.

We have worked with other routers, but Cisco is the best.

Cisco is easy to deploy and easy to set up.

The price is reasonable.

We pay for licensing every year.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cisco Enterprise Routers a nine out of ten.

FH
Assistant PSSE Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Stable, easy to set up, and works well for interconnecting branches

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Cisco Enterprise Routers are one of the products that we implement for our clients. The larger routers are used in an organization's headquarters to connect with the branches, which use smaller routers. It acts as the backbone for networking between the main branch and branch offices.

What is most valuable?

This product is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for software-defined networking. The routers could be more secure.

We have been selling Cisco Routers for a couple of years.

This is a stable product.

These routers are scalable…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This product is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for software-defined networking.

The routers could be more secure.

We have been selling Cisco Routers for a couple of years.

This is a stable product.

These routers are scalable and you can have many of them included in the network. One of our customers has approximately 100 users.

The support from Cisco is good enough.

The initial setup is straightforward. It will take approximately two months to implement a whole project.

We have a staff of approximately 20 people for deployment and maintenance.

The price should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product that I recommend it.

JH
Chief Information and Communication Technology at a government with 10,001+ employees
A reliable product that you can set up and leave alone

• "We hardly have issues with Cisco equipment and I believe that reliability is the best part of Cisco."
  • "Compared to equipment by other vendors, such as Check Point, the physical size of the units is bigger."

What is most valuable?

The best part is that once you set up Cisco routers, you just leave them alone. You don't have to do much unless you have to change the configuration. We hardly have issues with Cisco equipment and I believe that reliability is the best part of Cisco.

What needs improvement?

Compared to equipment by other vendors, such as Check Point, the physical size of the units is bigger. A smaller footprint would be an improvement.

We sometimes experience delays when a router is processing that requires us to reboot it.

I have been working with Cisco Enterprise Routers for more than 20 years.

Cisco's equipment is stable.

This is a scalable product and we have a couple of hundred users.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. We have Cisco certified engineers here, and they take care of that. The deployment takes maybe a couple of hours, and we're done.

We have an in-house team of four or five people who deploy and maintain our products, including this one.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I can recommend to others.

IV
Senior Network Engineer at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reseller
Stable and easy to use with good support from the vendor and the community

• "This product is very easy to use."
  • "Cisco has a lot of problems with the graphical interfaces used for management."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use these routers for establishing connections between different sites. These connections allow our users at different locations to access the network.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like most is the routing.

This product is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Cisco has a lot of problems with the graphical interfaces used for management.

We have been working with Cisco Enterprise Routers for almost 10 years.

These routers are very stable.

The technical support is very good.

Cisco routers are very pricey. This is the biggest complaint from customers for which we provide support.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that it is very easy to use, and there is a large community to support you. I recommend checking the licensing because sometimes when you buy the product, you may forget to check the licensing and warranty information.

We have seen that most clients work with third-parties when it comes to a monitoring solution for Cisco routers.

In summary, this is a good product and one that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.