Igor Pigariev
Cyber Security Consultant at Ukroboronprom
Easy to use with perfect technical support

• "The features that I have found most valuable are that it is easy to use and it has good technical support."
  • "It would be good for Cisco to provide certification to our engineers for our IT infrastructure. Basically to train and certify our engineers."

What is our primary use case?

We built all our ground network on Cisco Switches.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable are that it is easy to use and it has good technical support.

We cooperate with local Cisco teams here in the Ukraine. They help us to develop our system and support it.

What needs improvement?

It would be good for Cisco to provide certification to our engineers for our IT infrastructure. Basically to train and certify our engineers.

In the next release I would like to see more training and documentations for our engineers.

We have been using Cisco Ethernet Switches for about five years.

Cisco Switches is a stable product.

Cisco Switches are scalable.

We have 300 users using it and 5 guys from the IT department that support our network.

They are basically all engineers and some programmers.

Cisco's technical support is perfect. There is no need to improve anything there.

If we have problems with the setup, we ask the local Cisco team and they help us. We have good cooperation with the local team.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco Switches are very good. They are interoperable with Microsoft solutions, by the way.

On a scale from one to 10, I would rate Cisco Switches about a nine.

I would surely recommend Cisco Switches for other users who want to start using it.

AR
VP of IT at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Scalable and stable with a variety of models to choose from

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for LAN routing in both manufacturing industries and IT sectors. We use a variety of different models of the solution. We have used the 4000, 9000, 9200, and 9400 Series switches. Currently, we are deploying the 9000 Series to customers at data centers and when it comes to core switches at data centers we are using the 9400 model.

What needs improvement?

There are some GUI configuration improvements that they can implement in the future for the product models.

I have been using the solution for over forteen years.

We have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is…

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for over forteen years.

We have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable. We have deployed more than 1000 switches to customers.

We provide support for the client.

We do the deployment of the solution using a team of approximately five people. The time it takes to do the deployment all depends on the client's requirements. The range of time it can take varies depending on the design and architecture involved.

There are different licensing based on the model of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We only deal with Cisco products, they are very good.

I rate Cisco Ethernet Switches a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,407 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MD
Network Engineer at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Very scalable and easy to deploy, but has bugs that caused the switch to reboot

• "It is very scalable."
  • "If we can have fewer bugs on our switches, that would be great. We had bugs that caused the switch to reboot. There is probably a problem with the software."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for user connectivity. We are using its latest version.

It is deployed on a public cloud and on-premises.

What is most valuable?

It is very scalable.

What needs improvement?

If we can have fewer bugs on our switches, that would be great. We had bugs that caused the switch to reboot. There is probably a problem with the software.

Their technical support can be improved in terms of response time and overall efficiency.

I have been using this solution for about 20 years.

It is very scalable. We have about 8,000 users.

We use their technical support a lot. They are okay. There is definitely room for improvement in terms of response time and overall efficiency.

We didn't use any other solution.

For our setup here, it was pretty straightforward.

I pay a fixed price on it. I'm not the person on the pursing, so I don't really compare.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to shop around and maybe compare it with some of the other vendors such as Juniper or Arista.

I would rate Cisco Ethernet Switches a seven out of 10.

PB
Data Center Admin at Sysnet Global Technologies
Stable, they have good replacement service, and the technical support is helpful

• "The procedures and handling of these switches are easy."
  • "The initial setup can be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We use these switches as part of our data center infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

These switches are stable and they have a good replacement service.

The support is good.

The procedures and handling of these switches are easy. Anything that you need to know is available in a Google search, or from the technical support.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be simplified.

We have been using Cisco Ethernet Switches for approximately 10 years.

Stability is one of the key features of this product.

We are using the Cisco 4503-E and these switches are very scalable. There are some models that have plenty of ports.

Users do not connect directly to this switch. Rather, only servers are connected and we have perhaps 20 of them.

We also have experience with HPE switches. The HPE switches are okay, but Cisco is the best when it comes to things like the CLI. I prefer them.

Juniper is also a good company and they have good switches.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco Switches are the best and I recommend them.

GC
Science Technician at a government with 201-500 employees
Secure, high performance, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a networking switch.

What is most valuable?

The solution's valuable features are the speed of network transfer, it can transfer four to six gigabits per second. Additionally, we found it to be secure.

I have been using Cisco Ethernet Switches for approximately eight years.

I find the solution to be stable.

The scalability of the solution is good.  I am the only one in my organization using the solution.

I have little experience with the solutions technical support and I am satisfied with it.

How was the

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a networking switch.

What is most valuable?

I have been using Cisco Ethernet Switches for approximately eight years.

I find the solution to be stable.

The scalability of the solution is good.

I am the only one in my organization using the solution.

The installation is difficult and requires further training documentations. I can configure it alone with some supervision.

For the deployment of the solution, we were aided by consultants, and no other technical team is needed for the maintenance.

The solution does not require a license. However, it is expensive and the price could improve.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the solution to others.

I rate Cisco Ethernet Switches a ten out of ten.

LW
Senior Director of IT and Data Analytics at a performing arts with 201-500 employees
Scalable, good POE functionality, and responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution as switches for our organization's network.

What is most valuable?

One main feature of this solution is the POE switches.

What needs improvement?

The interface and dashboard could look better.

I have been using the solution for approximately two years.

I have been using a lot of hardware that is probably close to 10 years old. We did have an issue once with one of our switches that would just auto-reset and wipe out and randomly restart. I do not know the full details, but we ended up just replacing it. In the future, there should be readily available instructional videos.

What do I think about the scalability of the

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution as switches for our organization's network.

What is most valuable?

One main feature of this solution is the POE switches.

What needs improvement?

The interface and dashboard could look better.

I have been using the solution for approximately two years.

In the future, there should be readily available instructional videos.

The scalability is pretty good, all you need to do is add more racks. We have approximately 70 people that rely on this solution from my organization.

We paid for the technical support and they were good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I have been evaluating Fortinet solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Cisco Ethernet Switches an eight out of ten.

Bassem Edward
IT Technical Support Manager at kiriazi
Stable ethernet switches

• "I'm satisfied with Cisco switches. It's stable and beautiful."
  • "Technical support could be better. Firmware upgrades should be better. We have an issue with upgrading the firmware. It's not upgradable. I think it should be easy to improve and upgrade the firmware."

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Ethernet Switches for our data center, management center, and at our headquarters.

What is most valuable?

I'm satisfied with Cisco switches. It's stable and beautiful.

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be better. Firmware upgrades should be better. We have an issue with upgrading the firmware. It's not upgradable. I think it should be easy to improve and upgrade the firmware.

Some of the powerboards could be better. I have about six models or six spots with Model 3550, and all of them have a defect in the powerboards.

I have been using Cisco Ethernet Switches for many years. I have many models, and some models are older than 20 years. They have worked up to now, and we have used the newest versions for about five years.

Technical support could be better. I think they take some long time to exchange a switch or replace it.

It's a little expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that they should use it if it's within their budget.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Cisco Ethernet Switches a nine.

Abdulqader Kaboudei
RF Planning Manager at Sabafon
High quality, stability solid, scalable, feature functions need updating

What is our primary use case?

We are a GSM mobile network operator and we use the solution for internet data.

What is most valuable?

Cisco is a large company and their product is very good with high quality. The features and customer support are good.

What needs improvement?

In the future, some of the features could be updated to support the latest functions.

I have been using the solution for approximately ten years.

The product is really stable we have not had a problem in the ten years we have been using it.

We have found it to be scalable. We have approximately three million subscribers.

What about the implementation

What is our primary use case?

We are a GSM mobile network operator and we use the solution for internet data.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for approximately ten years.

We have 20 internal engineers that do all the installation, configuration and aftercare of the product.

It is an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

If there is another product cheaper than Ciscos and runs just as well we would switch but currently, we are satisfied.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Cisco Ethernet Switches a seven out of ten.

Product Categories
Ethernet Switches
Download our free Cisco Ethernet Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.