AR
VP of IT at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good support, provides visibility of traffic, and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we provide Cisco products, including ISE, to our customers. This product is used to facilitate the connection of a local network to wireless access. This allows us to restrict users and their access.

What is most valuable?

This product allows them to see the traffic that is going through the network. It is stable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be improved.

I have been using Cisco ISE for approximately three years.

Cisco ISE is stable.

This is a scalable solution. There are more than 500 users in my client's organization.

How

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This product allows them to see the traffic that is going through the network.

It is stable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be improved.

I have been using Cisco ISE for approximately three years.

Cisco ISE is stable.

The technical support from Cisco is very good

ISE is very easy to configure, although it takes time because we have to take input from the customer. It will take about two days to implement and deploy.

We have a consultant to assist with deployment. A team of four engineers is required for deployment and maintenance.

The price is okay.

What other advice do I have?

As of now, this product is working fine.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Derly AliGutierrez Arellano
Technical Solutions Architect at a wholesaler/distributor with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Secure access that is reliable, simple to scale, and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

I am a reseller. We also implement solutions for our clients. Currently, we have a client who is doing a proof of concept with different clients of their own. We sell this product to many different clients here in Mexico for both retail and manufacturing plants. Our clients use Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) to secure the access of the users. It's a great tool for access control functions.

What is most valuable?

The profiling model included is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved to make it more user-friendly.

I have been selling Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) for eight years.

Cisco ISE…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The profiling model included is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved to make it more user-friendly.

I have been selling Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) for eight years.

Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) is very stable.

It is very scalable. Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) is a nice solution.

I have not had any contact with technical support.

The initial setup is easy.

It can take three days for a basic configuration.

As resellers, we frequently evaluate solutions for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

After the deployment, I would recommend completing a proof of concept.

I would rate Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) a nine out often.

Learn what your peers think about Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,029 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AA
Network Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good user interface but complicated to implement

• "The feature that I most like is that it can notify me whenever someone plugs in their device, which is not allowed. I get notifications for new laptop devices. I think the user interface looks good compared to previous versions."
  • "The software is a little bit complicated to understand in the beginning, meaning the implementation. It needs proper documentation so that we can understand the options more easily."

What is most valuable?

The feature that I most like is that it can notify me whenever someone plugs in their device, which is not allowed. I get notifications for new laptop devices.

I think the user interface looks good compared to previous versions.

What needs improvement?

I have only very recently using Cisco ISE, since about one and a half months ago.

We have our own team for the maintenance of this solution.

I am still implementing it. So far it has been one and a half months.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco ISE is a good product, but it requires some technical knowledge and knowledge about network security.

One a scale from one to ten, I would rate Cisco ISE a six.

As I said, I have not implemented it 100%. Maybe once I implement it 100%, and I start using it in production, then I will rate it higher.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.