Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Overview

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Ethernet Switches. It is most often compared to NETGEAR Switches: Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches vs NETGEAR Switches

What is Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches?
Linksys Ethernet Switches bring greater reliability and coverage to your home network.

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches is also known as Linksys Ethernet Switches.

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Customers
Linz AG
Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches pricing:
  • "The licensing cost is not bad and is actually very competitive within the product category."
  • "There can be limited features for the solution based on the pricing of the package you choose. You will need to pay more to get more performance. However, the router can perform even better with certain extra costs. Sometimes the budgets do not fit all these types of upgrades that become expensive."
  • "It's an affordable price for small companies using on-premises networks where cloud services are too expensive for them."
  • "I think that pricing should be more competitive. While the Cisco product is good, the pricing is not competitive. People will end up going with other cheaper solutions such as Arista."
  • "If you look at the product portfolio from Cisco, it's quite expensive."

Akram Khan
Director of Information Technology at UniTeller Financial Services
Easy-to-use, with great product support, this versatile, mature product is a multi-faceted solution

What is our primary use case?

I have been in so many situations using this product it is hard to choose a primary use. I have worked for many companies, so we have used them as access switches, we have used them as distribution switches, we have used them as IDF (Intermediate Distribution Frame) closets for floor switches. We have used them as code switches and clusters and chassis. I have gone through using all the different versions of switches in many scenarios, like remote offices, access to quotas for distribution. I have used the switches on every level and in exhaustive possibilities.

• "Ease-of-use and ease-of-management are good qualities of this product."
  • "The Cisco user interfaces can be difficult to use and maintain."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would offer to others in implementing Cisco Lynksys Switches is that somebody on the team has to be well aware of basic networking and how the search network works. That will make them easier to use and implement. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches depending on the class. For example, I think the Cisco 9300s are almost an eight-out-of-ten.
AB
DGM Programming at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable hardware that does its job so you can do yours

What is our primary use case?

In our environment, we are using Cisco switches in Visio clusters. We are using Dell servers, and we are using Dell Precision workstations. I do not remember the model number of the Cisco switches. We are using the Cisco network series of switches and they are the L2 class. I think they are the 2960 series of switches. At present, our company policy does not allow us to host any of our data on the public cloud. We are revising the information security policy. Until this new policy comes into effect, we will not be able to go into the public cloud. In the end, the switches will continue to be a… more »

• "My work is able to continue because the switches are reliable."
  • "The simplicity of management could be improved so the object-based switch management is possible."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product for other users who want to start using it. We do not have anything negative to say about the product and it has been serving us well. There would be no reason not to recommend it. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product from my perspective as a nine-out-of-ten. It would be very difficult for me to give it a higher rating. There are parts of it that can be improved.
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AT
Data Communication and Networking Officer at a aerospace/defense firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Full comparability across the network, feature rich, and highly reliable

What is our primary use case?

My company uses the solutions as a traditional network switch.

• "I have found the solution has great standards and compatibility across all vendors."

What other advice do I have?

Cisco is well-known, reliable, and stable for networking solutions. I am going to continue to use this solution. However, I will also use some other vendor devices that have some features that Cisco might not be able to support. 90% of my private network is using Cisco devices with other solutions. I would recommend this solution to others. Overall this is the best solution but the price is a little high. I rate Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches an eight out of ten.
    MV
    Managing Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Affordable for small business, stable, and runs without Interruptions

What is our primary use case?

We have used this solution mostly for small businesses. The primary use case of this solution is for connecting computers to a network.

• "This solution is stable it runs without any interruptions."
    • "Scalability-wise, this solution is not designed for small businesses."

What other advice do I have?

Linksys is still on the market, but it's more Cisco now. It all depends on the customer's needs and budget. The problem is the Java installation because most of them rely on Java, and that is the problem with all devices. If you want a new modern dashboard or management utility, you have to replace the devices. It's not easy to improve all of the functionalities, and there are new devices on the market. It cannot be changed and we understand that. Some devices have more features than what the customer needs or can use. The computers are more powerful than the capabilities of the ordinary user…
    MD
    Security Consultant with 51-200 employees
    Support for segmenting network into zones, but the price needs to be more competitive

What is our primary use case?

We don't do the deployment in our environment, we are consulting. Our clients use this solution for the logical segmentation of the network to the access layer, and remote log switches. They can also deploy the switches.

• "it's a stable solution. We have not experienced any bugs or issues. Many data centers and enterprise data centers prefer Cisco to any other product because they are very stable."
    • "The drawbacks come from support. The tools are rare, but to find someone knowledgeable with Cisco, is a problem."

What other advice do I have?

If you want to be a Cisco master you need to have a good understanding of the command line and how to use it, which is difficult for some administrators. Many people would prefer solutions that you can configure through a GUI. It is easier to configure an SPC as opposed to a Cisco switch. People are finding alternative solutions because of the price. The same happened with Firewall landscapes, people are moving away from checkpoint and Cisco and going with Juniper or FortiGate, because of the pricing and licensing model. I would suggest that people continuously upskill themselves to remain…
    JC
    CIO at a aerospace/defense firm with 11-50 employees
    Stable, reliable, and offers good upgrades

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to link our three locals that are in different places. They connect to similar networks. It works with data and voice as well. I'm not exactly sure of the details there as that service is supplied by our operator.

• "We have found the stability to be excellent."
    • "We'd prefer if the product, in general, was easier to use. It can be a bit difficult."

What other advice do I have?

I'm not 100% certain that we are using the latest version of the solution. It might be an older one. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've largely been quite happy with its capabilities so far. I'd recommend it to other users and organizations.
    MP
    Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Reseller
    It is extremely stable and the setup is fast and straightforward

• "The stability of the program is excellent."
    • "In the next release I would really love to see a list option."

What other advice do I have?

Cisco is absolutely the very best in its class. It's a no-nonsense type of solution. It's really a matter of taking it out of the box, setting it up and be up and running in no time. And you know you can walk away with confidence, knowing that the solution will work. There will be no hiccups, bugs, bug fixes, nothing. It's a simple solution that works every time. On a scale from one to 10, I would rate it a 10. I really love this solution. In the next release, I would really love to see a list option. Cisco currently has various feature seats that the customer can choose from. I would really…
    KK
    Senior Specialist ICT/ISP Services at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Inexpensive and easy to use with excellent stability

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for my personal equipment.

• "The scalability is great."
    • "It would be ideal if, for private users that are not companies, the solution could be made even cheaper."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with the company. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've been quite happy with its capabilities. I'd recommend the solution to other users.
    See 20 more Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Reviews
    Product Categories
    Ethernet Switches
    Download our free Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.