Mansukh Bhesania
MD and CEO at Aster Networks Pvt Ltd
Easy to setup and and offers a single point of management

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the Wireless solutions that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cloud management.

What needs improvement?

The Meraki platform needs better on-premises management options.

I have been working with this specific product for three years, and more generally with Cisco for 20.

This solution is scalable and we haven't had any issues with it. I would say that it is for medium-sized and enterprise-level businesses.

Meraki Wireless LAN is a stable product.

We…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cloud management.

What needs improvement?

The Meraki platform needs better on-premises management options.

Meraki Wireless LAN is a stable product.

We have dealt with Cisco's technical support in the past and we are satisfied with the service.

We have experience with similar products by other vendors such as Aruba and Arista, and we prefer products by Cisco.

The initial setup is very easy. The length of time required for deployment depends on the situation at the client's site, in terms of readiness. It will also vary depending on the number of switches and routers that are in-place or need to be installed.

Generally, the deployment will not take more than two hours.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that we recommend over other similar ones by other vendors.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

AL
Infrastructure Manager at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Very easy installation, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We're using Meraki for our AP. We're also using Meraki for our SD-WAN.

What is most valuable?

The visibility of the site is most useful.

What needs improvement?

Its licensing can be better.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is pretty stable.

We have scaled it. There is no problem. We have 230 users, and they don't even know that it exists.

It is straightforward and very easy. It is basically plug-and-play. It is very quick. It probably takes more time to actually do the physical installation.

I did one…

What is our primary use case?

We're using Meraki for our AP. We're also using Meraki for our SD-WAN.

What is most valuable?

The visibility of the site is most useful.

What needs improvement?

Its licensing can be better.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is pretty stable.

We have scaled it. There is no problem.

We have 230 users, and they don't even know that it exists.

It is straightforward and very easy. It is basically plug-and-play.

I did one site myself. The rest were done by others. They were IT guys.

We have four people for deployment and maintenance. They are SMEs or system specialists.

Its price is okay for an enterprise. Its licensing is the most painful. If you hear anything bad about Cisco, it's about that. We're supposed to be one of the resellers but had to come back down to become a user. It's really bizarre.

We did evaluate other options. It was a long ago.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN an eight out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,407 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Andre Walke
Project Co-Ordinator at Ministry of Innovation, Science and Smart Technology
Scalable, robust, and it can be deployed on the cloud and on-premises

What is our primary use case?

We have deployed this solution both on private cloud and on-premises across at least 100 distinct locations.

What needs improvement?

I can't say that there are any additional features that we would like to see included in it. Our only concern at this stage is how it's licensed.

We have been using Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for approximately four years.

It is very stable, very resilient, and very robust.

We don't have any challenges with the scalability so far. From our experience, it's quite scalable. On a daily basis, we probably have an excess of 5,000 users on this solution. There are no…

What needs improvement?

We have been using Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for approximately four years.

It is very stable, very resilient, and very robust.

On a daily basis, we probably have an excess of 5,000 users on this solution.

There are no immediate plans to increase usage, however, there's probably a growth rate of about 5% to 8% per year for the next year or two.

This solution is not significantly hard to setup and deploy.

It's a manual process.

We deployed this solution across a complete government network over a three-year period.

We had a system integrations consultant working cohesively with us on it.

We don't like the licensing model and we think that it needs to be improved significantly.

VD
Founder & MD at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Excellent support, easy to use, and flexible, but needs better pricing

What is our primary use case?

We are using it at the hospitals for transmission for hardware switches. We are connected with various IoT devices.

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use and flexibility are most valuable. It is cloud-based software.

What needs improvement?

Its price should be reduced.

I have been using this solution for a few months.

We have been using it only for a few months. We need to use it for a longer time to see its stability.

We have more than 40 users at the moment, but the number is growing.

Their support is extremely good. They generally dispatch…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use and flexibility are most valuable. It is cloud-based software.

What needs improvement?

Its price should be reduced.

I have been using this solution for a few months.

We have more than 40 users at the moment, but the number is growing.

Their support is extremely good. They generally dispatch the hardware in four hours. They give us a dispatch notice just after four hours of lodging a complaint. Their engineer does the on-site visit within 24 hours.

It is not complicated. It is quite user-friendly.

Its price is high and should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. They have a good setup and local support in India.

I would rate Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN a seven out of ten. There is always room for improvement, and they can do some things better. We have been using it for a few months, and we don't yet know if there are any bugs or issues.

TZ
Principal at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Provides a high level of security and stability for teleconferencing

What is our primary use case?

We have a small, growing company, and they're looking for a wireless capability to do typical office stuff, except that now, we're doing a lot more meetings on Teams and Zoom. We often have a setup where a few people in a conference room connect with remote workers on a Teams meeting. We've had some Teams and Zoom calls interrupted due to problems with the wireless and the wide-area network, as well as some other standard internet issues. Meraki is a decent solution for a small company, and we use it in a pretty typical way. We need Teams and Zoom to work, and we need a high level of security because we want our business to remain confidential.

My company has been using Meraki Wireless for several years, but I've…

What is our primary use case?

My company has been using Meraki Wireless for several years, but I've only been involved for a year and a half.

I haven't interacted with technical support. I hire third-party technical staff, and they deal with all the actual support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Cisco Meraki Wireless eight out of 10. My suggestion to anyone looking to implement this kind of solution is to use a smart consultant. I use technical consultants to handle things like picking out a solution. So I have one guy who says Ubiquiti would be a great platform, and the other says they think Meraki is the best platform.

AR
VP of IT at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to operate and configure with cloud-based management, and it scales on demand

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN is one of the products that we recommend to our customers for building their network and offering wireless internet access.

What is most valuable?

This product offers cloud-based configuration, so you can set it up from anywhere. It is easy to operate and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

When the license expires, access to the Cisco cloud stops immediately. They should introduce a grace period of 60 days after license expiry because as it is now, it automatically goes down and there is no grace period. There should be better integration with other products.

We have been using Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for a couple of years.

What do I think

What is most valuable?

It is easy to operate and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

There should be better integration with other products.

We have been using Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for a couple of years.

The product is scalable and can do so on-demand. We have approximately 60 users, and we plan to continue using it in the future.

The support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward and installing an access point will take no more than three hours.

We deploy this product with our in house team, and two people are enough for deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

TW
Principal at WATERTOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT 14-4
A scalable and trouble-free solution with multiple SSDs and good record-keeping

What is our primary use case?

We are using it in our school. We are using an old version. It is five years when my contract expires.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our school functions.

What is most valuable?

I like the record that is being kept and multiple SSDs.

What needs improvement?

Its price could be improved.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable. I didn't have any issues with its stability. We have probably 30 to 40 users.

It is scalable. I need to add a couple more and upgrade to four.

I did not use their…

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our school functions.

What is most valuable?

I like the record that is being kept and multiple SSDs.

What needs improvement?

Its price could be improved.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable. I didn't have any issues with its stability.

We have probably 30 to 40 users.

It is scalable. I need to add a couple more and upgrade to four.

I did not use their technical support.

I didn't use any other solution.

It was pretty straightforward.

It is expensive, but it is a good product.

What other advice do I have?

If you have some money, it is a good thing to buy. It is a trouble-free product.

I would rate Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN a nine out of ten.

GB
Commercial Product Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Flexible, stable, scalable, and easy to manage via the portal

What is our primary use case?

We mainly are in retail, and we provide all kinds of wireless solutions. We use Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for all kinds of use cases, and we are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Its flexibility, ease of management via the portal, and the variety of access points are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration with sensors.

I have been selling this solution for five years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. Our customers have around 200,000 users.

Their technical support is really…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration with sensors.

I have been selling this solution for five years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. Our customers have around 200,000 users.

Their technical support is really good. I just have to give them a call. They are there almost 24/7.

It is easy to install. I set up my own network within half an hour.

The cost is not so much for Wireless LAN, but when you have to get the security license, it costs a lot.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. We will keep selling this solution.

I would rate Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN an eight out of ten.

Product Categories
Wireless LAN
Download our free Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.