Cisco Secure Workload Overview

Cisco Secure Workload is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Microsegmentation Software tools. It is most often compared to VMware NSX: Cisco Secure Workload vs VMware NSX

What is Cisco Secure Workload?

Achieve the security required for today's heterogeneous multicloud environment with Cisco Secure Workload (formerly Tetration). Protect workloads across any cloud, application, and workload--anywhere. Automate and implement a secure zero-trust model for micro-segmentation based on application behavior and telemetry. Proactively detect and remediate indicators of compromise to minimize the impact to your business.

Cisco Secure Workload is also known as Cisco Tetration.

Cisco Secure Workload Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Secure Workload Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Cisco Secure Workload Customers

ADP, University of North Carolina Charlotte (UNCC)

Cisco Secure Workload Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Secure Workload pricing:
  • "Pricing depends on the scope of the application and the features. Larger installations save more."
  • "The price is based on how many computers you're going to install it on."
  • "It is not cheap and pricing may limit scalability."

JA
Sr. Regional Director, US East at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Saves time, resists attacks, and allocates resources properly

What is our primary use case?

The product is primarily used for automating micro-segmentation.

• "A complete and powerful micro-segmentation solution."
  • "It has an uninviting interface."

What other advice do I have?

This product does everything that you need it to do and more. I would definitely rate it a 10 out of 10. It does a lot to provide visibility in a network environment, save time and money, and makes the organization IT operate in much more of a streamlined fashion. We could have chosen other products, but this is the horse that we picked to go in the race.
Information Security Engineer at ENEDIS
A secure and stable solution for our on-premises network analytics

What is our primary use case?

We have an on-premises deployment.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is security."
  • "The interface is really helpful for technical people, but it is not user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

You need to have a team with a good understanding of your information systems in order to have benefits with this kind of solution. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to define what you want to use, and what you need from the tool. You can't have rules that are too strict in the beginning because otherwise, you can't go to production. Over time, you will have a clear view of what is ongoing with your information system. This allows you to improve step-by-step. This is a long-term approach. This is a good solution, but it should be more user-friendly and easier to deploy…
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Secure Workload. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,275 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Solutions Architect at Liberty Global
Simple to deploy and provides good application visibility along with micro-segmentation feature

What is our primary use case?

We have many use cases for Cisco Tetration. Examples of this are micro-segmentation and the visibility of applications.

• "The most valuable feature is micro-segmentation, which is the most important with respect to visibility."
  • "There is some overlap between Cisco Tetration and AppDynamics and I need to have a single pane of glass, rather than have to jump between different tools."

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of Cisco Tetration depends on the strategy of any given organization. If your organization has a micro-segmentation strategy then this is a good solution. It works to improve visibility by creating connection metrics between applications and having the proper policy in place. Overall, this is a really good product and I am happy with it. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
JM
Network Engineer at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good network visibility enables us to enforce security measures

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for process discovery and for the data center.

• "The product offers great visibility into the network so we can enforce security measures."
  • "The emailed notifications are either hard to find or they are not available. Search capabilities can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

For me, the solution is a nine out of ten. I really like it. It's a great tool that will help give visibility to a data center and network, understand processes that are running within the data center and be able to enforce rules and regulations for all your processes.
BA
CTO at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
A solution with a straightforward setup, offering 100% telemetry coverage and good machine learning

• "The solution offers 100% telemetry coverage. The telemetry you collect is not sampled, it's not intermittent. It's complete. You see everything in it, including full visibility of all activities on your endpoints and in your network."
  • "The multi-tenancy, redundancy, backup and restore functionalities, as well as the monitoring aspects of the solution, need improvement. The solution offers virtually no enterprise-grade possibility for monitoring."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model along with MSSP, a service provider. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
Data Center Manager at Cox Communications
Enables us to troubleshoot network incidents and has good scalability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the Cisco Tetration solution is for troubleshooting network incidents.

• "The most valuable feature of the solution is that we don't have to do packet captures on the network."
  • "I'd like to see better documentation for advanced features. The documentation is fairly basic. I would also like to see better integration with other applications."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Cisco Tetration an eight or nine. I'd like to see better documentation for advanced features. The documentation is fairly basic. I would also like to see better integration with other applications. It's still a maturing product at the beginning of the lifecycle right now.
Download our free Cisco Secure Workload Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.