Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Overview

Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Density Optimized Servers. It is most often compared to Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers: Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers vs Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers

What is Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers?

UCS C-Series Rack Servers deliver unified computing in an industry-standard form factor to reduce TCO and increase agility. Each server addresses varying workload challenges through a balance of processing, memory, I/O, and internal storage resources.

Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers is also known as Unified Computing System C-Series, Cisco UCS C-Series.

Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Customers

Advanced Medical Transport, Aegean Motorway, Anilana Hotels and Resorts, Artoni Transporti, BH Telecom, Bowling Green State University, City of Mississauga, Dualtec Cloud Builders, Electricity Authority of Cyprus, Grupo Industrial Saltillo (GIS), Kind en Gezin, Kuwait Petroleum Italia, Nationwide, Quest, Talbots, University of St. Gallen

Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers pricing:
  • "This product is slightly more expensive when compared to others."
  • "Cisco is expensive, but we didn't look at the cost of the product. We were looking at reliability and support."

Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Reviews

Avinash Mohod
Freelance Consultant at Freelancer
Leaderboard
Oct 29, 2020
Offers dynamic hardware and saves a lot of space, power, and management

What is our primary use case?

Our customers' primary use case is for hosting virtual machines. It could be a white solution. It could be service, and it could be their applications.

• "In terms of the features that I have found most valuable, that is basically the hardware, which is more dynamic."
  • "I think the pricing is high. Cisco has to look for bundling this solutions with other applications."

What other advice do I have?

I don't have any problems with the Cisco UC series. It serves its purpose. I think their products are good. The only thing Cisco needs to work on is the cost part. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers an eight.
DurgaPrasad Malyala
Director at Datasoft Comnet
Oct 31, 2020
Easy to set up and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. They are for general, mixed usage that includes use cases such as virtualization and hosting VMware.

• "The initial setup is straightforward and easy to do."
  • "The warranty and support periods should be extended."

What other advice do I have?

We do not deal with the latest version because we find that for rack servers, the previous version is a little better. Manageability is not a big option for this type of server. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Rack Servers. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Effort Moyo
Technical Services Manager at ProComm technologies
Nov 23, 2020
Very stable, easy to use, and highly scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for our IP telephony. We use it for internal communication in terms of making calls, instant messaging, and one-on-one video calling. We also use it when we're working from home remotely. We also use Cisco Jabber as well as Expressway for Firewall Traversal. In terms of the software, we're using the latest version. In terms of the hardware, we are two generations behind. We simply did a software upgrade on the old hardware.

• "It is very stable and easy to use. It integrates easily with Cisco's cloud-based UC solutions. There are tools for management that make the management a bit easier, but we don't use them. We don't use what you would term as power users."
  • "On the contact center and video conferencing, I would definitely like to see more AI features. The AI features are key for us. You will find a lot of them in the cloud-based solution, but in the on-premises solution, they're hardly there. I would like to see the same AI features that are there in the cloud-based Cisco UC."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. We plan to keep using this solution. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
reviewer1136580
IT Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 11-50 employees
Oct 14, 2020
Reliable hardware and good support

• "Its hardware is really reliable. We also like Cisco for its support."
  • "Its accessibility and manageability can be improved. Currently, we have to visit the office to manage it. It should be manageable outside our network. I would like it to be on the cloud."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. When you hear the brand Cisco, you don't really need to recommend it. For me, it is the number one brand for network devices and servers. Cisco is always there in Gartner Magic Quadrant. I would rate Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers a nine out of ten. They just need the ability to be managed on the cloud.