YT
Information Security Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Simple but unnecessary

• "I would recommend this solution to others."
  • "This solution could be more secure."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to restrict prohibited websites and applications. It's a good solution.

Within our organization, there are roughly 400 people using this solution.

We plan to continue using this solution.

What needs improvement?

This solution could be more secure.

Purpose-wise, I don't necessarily see the point of this solution. Users can gain access to restricted content easily with a simple VPN. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

In my opinion, this kind of technology should be available in a bundle. If internet security and web security were bundled together, that would be great.

I have been using Cisco Web Security Appliance for two years.

Sometimes support takes a while to respond to us. Honestly, I have had better support from other vendors in the past.

Deployment and maintenance require two to three technicians.

We typically purchase either a one-year, three-year, or five-year license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of six.

GF
Network Security Team Leader
Technical support is good but the feature awareness needs to be better

• "The technical support is good. It is reactive and the documentation is very specific and very useful."
  • "The FTD 21 model's Firepower Threat Defense does not have the multi-instance feature for the virtualization with the physical equipment."

What is our primary use case?

This is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers.

What needs improvement?

The price of this solution needs to be reduced.

The FTD 21 model's Firepower Threat Defense does not have the multi-instance feature for the virtualization with the physical equipment. This makes it difficult to propose this solution to the customers.

The issue that we are facing is, for example, if we have a project with a client, and we suggest the twenty-one series, we don't know until we have implemented it that we do not have the multi-instance feature.

I have been using this solution for five years.

The technical support is good. It is reactive and the documentation is very specific and very useful.

When you compare the price of this solution to the price of FortiGate, it's high.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.