Pawel Gawronski
Enterprise Architect at RB
Good cybersecurity, helpful support, and scales well, but documentation needs to be improved

• "The security and the capabilities of the platform are the most valuable features."
  • "Documentation is an area that needs review. It should be more dynamic and it should be easier."

What is most valuable?

Cybersecurity is very strong.

They have good authentication and authorization that is very secure for mobile users and other users as well.

What needs improvement?

Documentation is an area that needs review. It should be more dynamic and it should be easier.

The dashboarding capabilities need to be improved. I want to have all of the information on one dashboard. It should show all of the details about the Wi-Fi system, how it has helped, the architectural design, and the KPIs.

Definitely, I would like to have some modules for ML built into the platform. This is something connected with AI.

I would like more information about the user experience that should be included in the Wi-Fi process and products for every vendor.

The user experience is important, and digital experience is how we perceive Wi-Fi in the organization. It is what we would like to have also seen on the visualizations such as dashboards.

I have been working with Cisco Wireless WAN for more than five years.

We are using the latest version.

Cisco Wireless WAN is a stable solution.

It is a very scalable solution, we are using it in an organization with more than 100,000 users.

I am satisfied with the technical support. They are awesome.

The initial setup is easy for one location.

The problem is when you have a complex environment, as in global architecture. When trying to go with their cloud set up, sometimes you cannot.

Overall, it is easy to set up.

Pricing is always a topic of discussion. I would like to see it priced fairly.

The pricing is based on how much is ordered from the vendor and what type of discount they receive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cisco Wireless WAN a seven out of ten.

MuhammadNaeem
Network & Information Security Engineer at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A stable solution with good technical support, but it needs more physical ports

• "This stability is one of the major reasons to stick with this product."
  • "The worst thing about the Cisco controllers is that they only have two ports."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide wireless service in our hospitals.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that it is stable and the support is good.

What needs improvement?

The worst thing about the Cisco controllers is that they only have two ports. The design of having only two physical ports is very bad.

I have been using this solution for six or seven years.

This stability is one of the major reasons to stick with this product.

We have about ten thousand users in our environment.

We run different hospitals and on a daily basis and we have between eight and ten thousand clients.

Cisco is always number one in terms of technical support. There is no doubt that they are better than any other vendor.

I also have experience with solutions from Aruba and Avaya XE. We removed the Avaya units after their merger and are sticking with solutions from Cisco and Aruba.

I have a lot of experience with this solution, so I find the setup to be easy.

Between Cisco and Aruba, I would say that the features are similar. Each of them is better at different features.

What other advice do I have?

Wireless solutions are not something that you need to change very often. We have older models installed and they are still working fine. Changing the entire environment involves a lot of money and a lot of effort.

My advice to anybody who is considering this type of solution is to first look at your ecosystem and then choose the product. Don't just choose one without looking at what other types of products, such as switches, you already have.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Cisco Wireless WAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JaromirLikavec
Senior Network Engineer, IT Manager at Fraunhofer IGD
Easy deployment and management with a user-friendly interface

• "The ease of management is the solution's most valuable feature."
  • "Pricing is very high with Cisco products. It's something that many people complain about. They should work to make it more affordable."

What is most valuable?

The ease of management is the solution's most valuable feature.

The user interface is much better than older versions.

What needs improvement?

We're in the phase of deploying a new system, so I can't speak to what might be lacking in the solution just yet.

I'm curious to see how Wi-Fi 6 will function. You have access points supporting Wi-Fi 6, but no clients know about it really.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

The older version was very stable; I'm hoping the newest version will also be stable.

The technical support is very good.

Deployment is easy. We're doing it in stages so as to not disrupt any service and are in the process now, so I can't speak to exactly how long it will ultimately be as a process.

Cisco pricing is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Our clients are mostly enterprise-level companies.

Our first test of the solution will be to see how the new features are implemented in Wi-Fi 6. The new access point is smaller than the previous one, and I find it's very good, very pleasant, because the 3700, and especially the 3800 were very, very weak.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. If the pricing was better, I'd rate it ten out of ten.

AO
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is stable and scalable and the technical support is very good

• "The program is very stable."

What is most valuable?

I use this solution because I work for a Cisco partner. We use a lot of Cisco products and it makes it easy for us to position this wireless solution for most of our clients because they already have a Cisco base. It is very easy to propose it as an alternative.

What needs improvement?

The solution has all the features we need, but it is very expensive.

I have been using Cisco Wireless WAN for over five years.

The program is very stable.

It is scalable enough for most of our clients. We have many users and don't have issues or problems with scalability.

I don't have any complaints about the technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

If I were to give advice to others, I would say is this: I haven't had much experience with any other option. Or if you were asking me to recommend this solution over another one, I'll generally recommend the Cisco Wireless WAN, because that's the only one I know and have experience of. I would like to see better pricing. It would also be great if one of these wireless cards could support multiple service providers. On a scale from one to ten, I will rate this solution an eight.

RS
    Department Leader: Project Leadership Production Compact at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Scales well, good technical support, but stability could improve

What is our primary use case?

We have many computers that we have connected to this network device.

What needs improvement?

In the future, Cisco Wireless WAN could improve its ability to expand.

I have been using this solution for two years.

The solution could be more stable.

I have found the scalability to be good. We have approximately 200 people using the solution in my organization and we have plans to increase usage.

The technical support we have experienced has been good.

I have used Ubiquiti previously and…

What is our primary use case?

We have many computers that we have connected to this network device.

What needs improvement?

In the future, Cisco Wireless WAN could improve its ability to expand.

I have been using this solution for two years.

The solution could be more stable.

The technical support we have experienced has been good.

I have used Ubiquiti previously and this solution is more stable.

The installation is straightforward.

Our IT department is approximately 50 people and we have a team of five technicians that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

There is a license that is needed for the use of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Cisco Wireless WAN a seven out of ten.

PR
    Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Great integration with other Cisco products, offering good stability with an easy setup

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution and it works very well. It has great integration with other Cisco products. It's good for the management team to only have one brand, one manufacturer of products.  I like how the look and feel of the product are standardized to match other Cisco solutions.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved in future releases. It's quite expensive.

I've been using the solution for six or seven years.

The stability of the product is good. I haven't heard anything bad from customers, who seem quite happy with it.

The solution is scalable.

How are customer service and technical

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved in future releases. It's quite expensive.

I've been using the solution for six or seven years.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support for the solution is pretty good. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The solution is quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. We're a Cisco partner.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

SujithKombra
    Founder, CEO at Espina IT
    Scalable solution that is easy to use with good technical support

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for me are the ease of operation and scalability.

What needs improvement?

The cloud interoperability needs improvement.

This solution is scalable. We have twenty thousand users.

The technical support for this solution is good, and the general Cisco tech support is also good. They are able to help me with any problems.

The initial setup is simple It took one week to deploy this solution and it takes two people to maintain this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Our clients are large enterprise companies. This solution is the best on the market. I would rate this solution a nine out of…

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for me are the ease of operation and scalability.

What needs improvement?

The cloud interoperability needs improvement.

This solution is scalable.

We have twenty thousand users.

They are able to help me with any problems.

The initial setup is simple

What other advice do I have?

Our clients are large enterprise companies.

This solution is the best on the market. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Product Categories
    Wireless WAN
    Download our free Cisco Wireless WAN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.