Citrix ADM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Citrix ADM is #12 ranked solution in top Network Management Applications. IT Central Station users give Citrix ADM an average rating of 10 out of 10. Citrix ADM is most commonly compared to SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager:Citrix ADM vs SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Citrix ADM?

Citrix Application Delivery Management (ADM) is a centralized management solution. You can manage and monitor Citrix application networking products including Citrix Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) MPX, VPX, SDX, CPX, BLX, Citrix Gateway, Citrix Web Application Firewall (WAF), and Citrix SD-WAN

Citrix ADM was previously known as Citrix Application Delivery Management, NetScaler MAS, NetScaler Management & Analytics System.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Citrix ADM Customers

Rhode & Schwarz

Citrix ADM Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Citrix ADM pricing:
  • "Its licensing cost is much higher than other products, but it is acceptable because it is a one-time investment, and we are getting our requirements fulfilled when we buy this product. So, there is no issue with the pricing."

Citrix ADM Reviews

Deepak Sinha
Manager IT at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Provides secure access for our server resources, seamless connectivity, and complete visibility

• "Content filtering, security layer, and application customization features are the most valuable."
  • "When a new version comes out, sometimes, my existing configuration gets wiped out. They should work on this so that my existing configuration doesn't get impacted with an upgrade to a newer version. There could also reduce frequent firmware upgrade activities and have a stable version so that once we upgrade it, we don't have to upgrade it for two to three years."

What is our primary use case?

By using this solution, we are accessing our server's resources in a secure manner. It has complete end-to-end encryption, and it provides secure data access. It doesn't matter where our users are sitting or from where they are coming to our network.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been a very useful solution for us. It has allowed us to manage the application accessibility even during the pandemic. We have complete visibility of application accessibility and any malicious activities. We also have an analytics report. Thus, we are able to provide support for our infrastructure in a very secure manner.

What needs improvement?

It has been a while since I have been using this solution.

It is very stable. I would give it a nine out of ten.

It has good scalability. I would give a nine out of ten for scalability. It is up to the mark in terms of maintaining the security of my environment while upgrading the product. We have more than 1,000 users. As of now, we don't have any plans to increase its usage. We will definitely increase its usage if there is a need in the future.

Their technical support is good.

I have used other solutions, but they could not fulfill my requirement of application connectivity, printing, and other things. This solution meets my requirements, and I am happy with it.

It is a user-supportive environment. It is easy to add a new feature or platform. Our deployment was done in a phased manner, and it took us a month to complete the deployment.

Its licensing cost is much higher than other products, but it is acceptable because it is a one-time investment, and we are getting our requirements fulfilled when we buy this product. So, there is no issue with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to first do the assessment of the requirement. Based on the requirements and assessment, you can evaluate the product to see whether your requirements are getting fulfilled or not. Based on that only, you should go for a solution, but I'm sure if you adopt this, you will find it to be a very good solution.

By working with Citrix ADM, I have learned how to work in a mixed and seamless environment while accepting the challenge of providing seamless connectivity in a secure manner to all business users.

I would rate Citrix ADM a nine out of ten.

Juan Miguel Mayta Casas
Cloud Solutions Architect at st computacion
Reseller
Excellent analytics providing great insight and visibility into the working environment

• "The analytics are a great feature."
  • "The interface could be improved, some customers struggle with that."

What is our primary use case?

We have several use cases but as an example, I have a banking customer who wants to know about their environment with Virtual Apps and Desktops. They're interested in performance, connections and network latency. The management part of Virtual Apps and Desktop is not available when you look at Citrix Cloud, it doesn't provide that information. To get more, you need to use ADM. I'm a cloud solutions architect and we are resellers of Citrix ADM.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides customers with the option to leverage all the features to gain more insight and visibility of their environment. Previously, they were always complaining about this lack of data and now performance has improved.

What is most valuable?

I think the analytics is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I think the interface could be better. I think some customers struggle with that. I mean, the learning curve takes a little longer than in other solutions so I think the interface and maybe training could be improved.

I'd like to see another licensing model that could complement or be similar to licensing models of other networking solutions. It adds flexibility for the customer.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. My customers are usually mid-size organizations. Some small business, a few large companies. I now have a client that has close to 10,000 users.

I think Citrix has good technical support and a good escalation strategy.

The initial setup is very straightforward, very easy. Our implementation strategy is to make a personal assessment for each client and then deploy the tool and all necessary components. It doesn't take more than two hours.

Customers have looked at Ryzen or other cloud services like Amazon, Microsoft Desktop or Azure Virtual Desktops. The advantages of Citrix is that it's managed from a single interface whereas other solutions don't have that presentation or that interface. I also think that ADM and other solutions Citrix offers are very complementary to each other.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to know about other Citrix solutions, it improves the experience. Citrix improves the Virtual Apps and Desktop interface in Citrix Cloud. There are two ways to visualize or take action with the data. I think they are well on the way to being the right solution. It's very viable, they're doing a good job.

Private Cloud

Other
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Broadcom, IBM and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Rathin Vaidya
Vice President (Technology) at SourcePro Infotech Pvt. Ltd
Availability on all devices enables better performance for technology applications

• "Available on any device and can be accessed on a wide area network."
  • "Deployment is complicated."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for screening access, so certain people have access to certain applications. It's a good solution to deliver applications to users who are located in geographically distinct locations. The product means you can have control and still deliver the applications. We have a partnership with Citrix and I'm technology vice president.

What is most valuable?

I like that the solution can be made available on any device and can be accessed on a wide area network - it allows for better performance for technology applications.

What needs improvement?

The process itself could be improved by making it more flexible because it has become really complicated to deploy. Implementing the application delivery mechanism model system has become more difficult over time and more complicated to handle.

I would like to see a simplification of initials.

I've been using this solution for a very long time, since it was first established.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable solution.

Technical support is average, sometimes response times are a little slow.

Deployment takes quite a lot of planning and the cost of implementation is based on the number of users. You need to have clarity about the architecture to get an idea of how long deployment will take.

What other advice do I have?

If a company wants to have a secure environment and they want the performance then this is a good solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Broadcom, IBM, and more!