Citrix Gateway Overview

Citrix Gateway is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Universal Access Gateways. It is most often compared to Check Point Remote Access VPN: Citrix Gateway vs Check Point Remote Access VPN

What is Citrix Gateway?

Citrix Gateway is a customer-managed solution that can be deployed on premises or on any public cloud, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform. Citrix Gateway provides users with secure access and single sign-on to all the virtual, SaaS and web applications they need to be productive.

Citrix Gateway is also known as Citrix NetScaler Unified Gateway.

Citrix Gateway Buyer's Guide

Download the Citrix Gateway Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Citrix Gateway Customers

Aeronamic, Avianca, Bechtel Corporation, Betfair UK, Catholic University Leuven (K.U. Leuven), Centene Corporation, Cerner, Charityshare, City of High Point, Clark Builders

Citrix Gateway Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Citrix Gateway pricing:
  • "Usually with Citrix the issue is the pricing, especially for the African region. We believe it's really expensive."
  • "Pricing is very high if you do a comparison with what is available in the market."
  • "The price could be lower."
  • "It costs about 4,000 a year."

RuiLopes
Solution Architect at vxnet.
Has the ability to be used in all types of environments, on-premise, cloud, or hybrid deployments

• "The initial setup is simple. Normally with all setups, it's not very complicated. It really depends on the customer."
  • "I'd like to see support for reverse proxy and more security features."

What other advice do I have?

You don't have a very steep learning curve as you do with other vendors. In terms of manageability, I think it's easy, and there's also available some tools like Citrix ADM which facilitates all the operation. I would definitely recommend this solution. It's very straightforward and easy to use. can be used in a lot os use cases, from the pure traffic management, secure remote access to protecting critical web sites. There's also a wide and participative community using the solution, so the use case and issue you face probably is already "googlable". I would give this solution a nine out of…
Gary James
Owner at NovoLux Networks
Great performance, extremely stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

Our biggest, most consistent problem was renewing certificates. Otherwise, it works like it isn't even there. It's just a workhorse.

• "Just creating that gateway to the storefront for Citrix is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us."
  • "It's extremely complicated and it's not intuitive. The solution requires a lot of training to get going on it."

What other advice do I have?

I have a good deal of experience with Citrix. They're sitting on top of the heap as far as I can tell. It's not just clout and name recognition, but the actual product and actual performance delivery are stellar. They've got it set far as I know. We're using the latest version of the solution. I'd rate the solution a solid nine out of ten. It's a pain to set up, however, once you've got that sorted, it's an extremely solid product.
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix Gateway vs. SonicWall SMA and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Letsogile-Baloi
CEO at IMART OFFICE CONSULTANTS
Reseller
Stable solution for uninterrupted long-term use

What is our primary use case?

We are working on a software-defined network spanning Botswana, South Africa, Namibia and Zambia. We looking for a solution that promise to extend the benefits of virtualization into the core of our networking infrastructure

• "It's a stable solution while it's running. We don't have to work on it a lot. There are not many bugs, so it's easy to use if you deploy successfully. You can be sure of an uninterrupted solution for quite a long time. Citrix is a good product."
  • "The major issue is price. I would also like them to make other aspects more accessible."

What other advice do I have?

Get access from a Citrix partner, because you are sure of support from them. Also, make sure that the partner you partner with has the right skills to actually deploy the solution. I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.
Oliver Rodrigues
Senior Network Security Planning at Ooredoo Kuwait
Reseller
Offers good web app support but the dashboard should be more clear in reporting issues

What is our primary use case?

We use Citrix NetScaler as a WAF gateway to protect web applications, with Multi-tenancy. We have also enabled SSLVPN ( Remote access ) and Mobile Device management on the same solution.

• "The features that we have found most valuable are the web app support and VPN."
  • "The dashboard or interface should be more clear in reporting issues. Integration with other applications should be more user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to other people to implement this product. Use Citrix Netscaler. It is 100%. Otherwise, I would give only a five or six out of 10 for the product.
DP
AVP at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Leaderboard
A secure and stable solution for virtual desktop infrastructure, but the pricing could be reduced and technical support could be better

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for a virtual desktop infrastructure.

• "The most valuable feature is that it is secure."
  • "Technical support could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

For customers who are concerned with security and would want to have virtual machines in their environment, I recommend this solution. Otherwise, this product is costly. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Saquib Hameed
VDI Technology Specialist at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Is easy to install, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

In our environment right now, we are using NetScaler. We purchased two devices last year for our Citrix VDI environment, for load balancing and gateway features for VPN connectivity.

• "It is easy to set up and is stable. It is scalable as well, depending on the model."
  • "Their VAS product should be more productive because right now, we are using other VAS solutions but not using this one."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Citrix Gateway at nine.
SP
Subject Matter Expert ADC at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Runs seamlessly and has good stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to give solutions for automating subject data. We provide automation solutions and build the APAs around Citrix Netscaler.

• "What I find most valuable about this solution, is that it runs seamlessly."
  • "I would like to see better configuration of repairs and downloading certification."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I will rate this solution an eight. In the next version, I would like to see better configuration of repairs and downloading certification. Better exposure would also be a plus.
SS
Manager of Infrastructure and Security Services at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Extremely good support, pretty full-featured, and adds great security

What is our primary use case?

It is our application filtering and gateway portal for our Citrix end-users. We have its most recent version.

What is most valuable?

It adds great security to your outfacing information. It is pretty full-featured. There are a lot of things that you can do with this. It is amazing what it can do.

What needs improvement?

Its interface could be made a lot easier. It is very kludgy. Its initial setup could be easier.

I have been using this solution for quite a few years.

Out Citrix team deals with it, and there are three people who work on it.

Their tech support is extremely good. I haven't heard of…
See 5 more Citrix Gateway Reviews