Bunmi Sadiq
CTO at Syscodes Communications Ltd
It's easy to deploy and cost-effective

• "Installing Hypervisor is really simple. It's the simplest setup I've ever done before. We used a team to deploy it, and it doesn't take much time, like two or three hours tops."
  • "The main problem with Citrix Hypervisor is getting readily available backup solutions for it. It would be wonderful if Hypervisor were better integrated with third-party backup solutions."

What is our primary use case?

The main use case is virtualization—to virtualize the virtual machines. We also install Hypervisor to provide external storage for the client. Hypervisor connects all the server hardware with the external storage, then we create VMs for the client, and they can install and use their applications on the virtual machines.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to migrate VMs using Hypervisor.

What needs improvement?

The main problem with Citrix Hypervisor is getting readily available backup solutions for it. It would be wonderful if Hypervisor were better integrated with third-party backup solutions.

I've been using Citrix Hypervisor for the last two years.

Hypervisor is highly stable. We've hardly had any issues with it.

In terms of scalability, I would say Hypervisor is in the middle tier. I can't really speak to its enterprise-wide scalability, but it's very much okay on the mid-range level. From my experience, I can say it's good for small and medium-sized companies. I've never deployed it for a large enterprise.

I'm very satisfied with Citrix support.

Installing Hypervisor is really simple. It's the simplest setup I've ever done before. We used a team to deploy it, and it doesn't take much time, like two or three hours tops. That includes installing Hypervisor, creating all of the VMs, and installing the application on the VMs. The main form of maintenance we do is upgrading. And maybe sometimes there's a component failure, so we have to replace the component.

Citrix Hypervisor is relatively cost-effective, even when you factor in vendor or third-party support. Of course, there can be additional costs, depending on the complexity of the solution, but the standard installation is cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Citrix Hypervisor nine out of 10. It's easy to deploy and cost-effective. And the support, whether the vendor support or even third party support, it's readily available. So, the person should have the rest of mind in deploying this solution.

Hybrid Cloud
Bunmi Sadiq
CTO at Syscodes Communications Ltd
Easy access to infographics and manuals, greatly improved communication within the company

• "Ability to move your virtual machines from one host to another."
  • "Integration with other vendors and other applications could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for hosting our virtual machines. Our operational applications are installed on Citrix. I'm the chief technology officer and we are customers of Citrix.

How has it helped my organization?

Our applications are now online 24/7 so availability has improved. We've also enhanced our security. Citrix has helped us reach customers in a timely manner and our applications can be accessed via the web. The ability to order and make payments online has streamlined our business operations and enabled us to reach a wider range of customers. It's also helped us improve customer service and improve revenue generation.

What is most valuable?

Citrix allows you to move your virtual machines from one host to the other, with the host geographical prefix. I think that's an awesome feature. We can access infographics and manuals, and communicate easily with each other. Great security features.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see improvement in integration with other vendors and other applications, like Microsoft, for example. Operability with different kinds of hardware and infrastructure could be included so that you don't have to approach the vendor. I should be able to operate with a diverse infrastructure or RPA.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is very stable, we've hardly had any issues with it.

This solution is highly scalable. We've upgraded our hardware from time to time and all it requires is installation of the Hypervisor; our virtual machines are moved to it and operations continue without any downtime.

We have a consultant who deals with technical support and manages it for us.

We used a consultant for deployment.

The solution is not expensive at all.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend this solution, especially if cost is an issue. All the features; the security, scalability and the graph features are really good.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Citrix Hypervisor. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
554,529 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MarcRosenthal
Information Technology Specialist at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Cost-effective with good uptime, but the features are a little basic

• "The continued uptime of our virtual machines is good."
  • "Live migration is something that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

This product makes up our infrastructure and we use it to host several servers.

What is most valuable?

The continued uptime of our virtual machines is good. If there's a problem with one host, the machines get migrated off. This is something that works well.

What needs improvement?

Live migration is something that can be improved.

Modification of virtual machines, while they're still powered on, should be supported.

I have been working with Citrix Hypervisor for about a year and a quarter.

The newest revision appears to be pretty stable.

This is a scalable solution.

I have worked with other hypervisors in the past and Citrix is a little more basic.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

Citrix is a good low-cost alternative to VMware, so if budgeting is an issue then I would recommend it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

DB
System Engineer & IT Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A solution that offers good compatibility but requires more flexibility and better storage

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for infrastructure. It is like a DNS active directory.

What is most valuable?

The compatibility of the solution is its most valuable feature. It's compatible on almost every cloud these days.

What needs improvement?

The performance, storage capabilities and network are all aspects of the solution that needs improvement. The solution should be more flexible and allow for greater customization.

I've been using the solution for six or seven years.

The solution is pretty stable.

We have about 50-100 users right now and it works well for us.

How are customer service

What needs improvement?

The solution should be more flexible and allow for greater customization.

I've been using the solution for six or seven years.

The solution is pretty stable.

We have about 50-100 users right now and it works well for us.

Generally, I do not use the solution's technical support, but I haven't heard very good things from those that have.

The initial setup was straightforward. It wasn't complex. It was very easy.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

I'd generally recommend that if someone is considering using this solution that they look into other options first.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

JS
Associate designer
Excellent tool with easy setup

What is our primary use case?

I use Citrix Hypervisor for virtualization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is that its scripting can automate procedures. I have also had a very good experience with its storage.

I have been using this solution for almost ten years.

I had no problems with the initial setup.

The cost of this product is not high.

What other advice do I have?

Citrix is an excellent tool, we don't have any issues or complaints about it. I would rate this solution as ten out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

I use Citrix Hypervisor for virtualization.

What is most valuable?

I have been using this solution for almost ten years.

I had no problems with the initial setup.

The cost of this product is not high.