Citrix Workspace Overview

Citrix Workspace is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Virtual Desktop tools. It is most often compared to VMware Workspace ONE: Citrix Workspace vs VMware Workspace ONE

What is Citrix Workspace?

Only Citrix offers the most complete and integrated workspace to enable people to securely access their apps, desktops and data from anywhere. With the new Workspace app, you get complete choice of device, cloud and network, while maintaining IT security and control—even over corporate SaaS and web apps. Built on trusted Citrix solutions for Windows app and desktop delivery, device security, secure file sync and sharing, network security, and intelligent analytics, Citrix Workspace offers unmatched experience, choice, and security.

Citrix Workspace is also known as Citrix Workspace Cloud.

Citrix Workspace Buyer's Guide

Download the Citrix Workspace Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Citrix Workspace Customers

Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority

Citrix Workspace Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Citrix Workspace pricing:
  • "We are just now approaching the end of our initial purchase, which was an excellent price for us as an academic institution. We got a very good deal to get us on board. That license is up for renewal in about a year, and we are nervously waiting to see what the pricing will be."
  • "We don't have a lot to compare it to, but we certainly think whatever we pay is worthwhile at this point in time. It's very reasonable."

Citrix Workspace Reviews

reviewer1496493
Associate Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
Feb 23, 2021
Fast set up, easy to install, with responsive support

What is our primary use case?

We use Citrix Workspace to login into our system. We have several users and there are standards in the installation process because of the security. They have found that various systems with standard installations, restricting users to go ahead and install on their own. Everything is managed through the infrastructure. ServiceNow is used for the CCM. Everything is automated machine creations and installations. They take care of the machines with regular updates on weekends. Everything is automated here, and there is no manual intervention for setting up any system if a new user is hired.

• "The feature that I like is that it is fast."
  • "The lag when using Skype or Screen Sharing with multiple users needs to improve, as it makes it difficult for us to continue when we have to restart the system."

What other advice do I have?

Azure Desktop has been released and we will be using this along with Citrix Workspace. When we want to use something, we need to first have Citrix Workspace. I have Citrix Workspace and on top of that, I can use Microsoft Azure Desktop, which may allow me to program in that machine. Citrix Workspace is the base and it works fine with most of our products. Definitely, I would recommend Citrix Workspace to others who are interested in using it. It's very handy, portable, fast, and easy to install. Also, it is the standard amongst all users. I would encourage everybody to use Citrix Workspace. We…
reviewer1512333
Research Programmer/Analyst at a renewables & environment company with 201-500 employees
Feb 21, 2021
A stable, reliable, and scalable solution with good support and very useful VDI feature

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for enabling remote workers.

• "The basic virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) feature is most valuable. We were lucky to have it in place when the pandemic hit. It is used very heavily now."
  • "They can simplify the process of printers. Printers were quite a difficult issue. It took us a long time to iron this issue out. We have the most simple use case where people connect from home to either a virtual machine or their physical desktop. We tried more complex solutions like Machine Creation Services, and they were more overhead than they were worth for us. I found them difficult to work with and confusing, and they were not worth the work for us."

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution, but it is not always a straightforward solution. Don't underestimate the complexity of a large-scale deployment of infrastructure like this. I would rate Citrix Workspace an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Microsoft, VMware and others in Virtual Desktop. Updated: February 2021.
464,082 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cheri Smith
Information Systems Analyst II at State of Illinois
Oct 20, 2020
Easy to setup and deploy, scalable, with good connectivity for remote connection

What is our primary use case?

I am using Citrix Workspace when I work from home. I use Citrix to remote in.

• "The most valuable feature is connectivity. The remote connection is the reason we are using this solution."
  • "This solution is resource-intensive, it takes a lot of Bandwidth and a lot of the resources of the server."

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would say try it, go with it. It's not a bad product. Just make sure that you have the bandwidth to run it, and a decent PC, because it is resource-intensive. I would rate Citrix Workspace a nine out of ten.
Francesca Varutti
Practice Manager/Director at NewStart Networks
Oct 28, 2020
All-in-one interface for managing applications, desktops, and data

What is our primary use case?

We're a community interest company. We store all of our data about our clients and the work that we do on Citrix Workspace. Within our company, there are five people using Citrix Workspace.

• "The ease of access and the confidentiality and security that it provides is what we like best."
  • "When there are technical issues, sometimes we can't get on the cloud."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Citrix Workspace a rating of nine. I would recommend Citrix Workspace. I would particularly recommend it for a small company like ours. It is exactly what it said it was. From the word go, we've got out of it what we expected. In this day and age, to have that security of knowing that your data is protected is worth its weight in gold. I would happily recommend this solution to somebody, and indeed, I have recommended it in the past to other businesses that I've come in contact with.
reviewer1384434
Infrastructure architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sep 10, 2020
Allowing secure, stable access to applications in your environment through virtual desktops

What is our primary use case?

We are in the process of upgrading the product currently. Our primary use case is having it as our main access for all our employees to be able to connect to our work environment. All applications are available through that access point.

• "It is stable, easy to scale, and provides secure remote access."
  • "The product is currently not working well in hosting conferencing software like Zoom, Team, and Salon."

What other advice do I have?

What I would say to people looking at Citrix Workspace as a solution is to do thorough testing for all applications. In our case, this should have included video conferencing applications. It was something we did not look at specifically probably because it was working well with everything else. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Citrix Workspace as an eight of ten.
reviewer1454565
IT Infrastructure Manager at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Nov 29, 2020
A seamless application edition with the low-level network bandwidth

• "The most valuable feature is the seamless application edition with the low-level network bandwidth because we have between 10 and 15 sites in France with a low level of communication needs. We need to deploy our main application, the ERP system, and we needed an efficient solution to provide a solution to the remote sites, with very small links between the data center and the remote site."
  • "The application is now very complex. We started with Citrix on PCs. Now, to access the same application, we need to have a StoreFront Server, the Delivery Controller, and Citrix License Server. It's now very complex."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Citrix if the IT team is at a good technical level with people who can deal with many technologies. I would rate Citrix Workspace an eight out of ten.
reviewer1407123
Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Nov 9, 2020
Manage desktops and data from a single pane

What is our primary use case?

Within our organization, there are roughly 80 users using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The price and user-interface are great.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more audio support.

I have been using this solution for roughly six months.

The stability is good. I experienced a few bugs with previous versions, but not this version.

The scalability is great. On a scale from one to ten, scalability-wise, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

The technical support is pretty good. On a scale from one to ten, I would give…
Product Categories
Virtual Desktop
Download our free Virtual Desktop Report and find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Microsoft, VMware, and more!