Citrix Workspace OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Citrix Workspace is #5 ranked solution in top Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) tools. IT Central Station users give Citrix Workspace an average rating of 8 out of 10. Citrix Workspace is most commonly compared to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops:Citrix Workspace vs Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Citrix Workspace?

Only Citrix offers the most complete and integrated workspace to enable people to securely access their apps, desktops and data from anywhere. With the new Workspace app, you get complete choice of device, cloud and network, while maintaining IT security and control—even over corporate SaaS and web apps. Built on trusted Citrix solutions for Windows app and desktop delivery, device security, secure file sync and sharing, network security, and intelligent analytics, Citrix Workspace offers unmatched experience, choice, and security.

Citrix Workspace is also known as Citrix Workspace Cloud.

Download the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Citrix Workspace Customers

Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Citrix Workspace pricing:
  • "We are just now approaching the end of our initial purchase, which was an excellent price for us as an academic institution. We got a very good deal to get us on board. That license is up for renewal in about a year, and we are nervously waiting to see what the pricing will be."
  • "We don't have a lot to compare it to, but we certainly think whatever we pay is worthwhile at this point in time. It's very reasonable."

Citrix Workspace Reviews

KS
Associate Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Fast set up, easy to install, with responsive support

• "The feature that I like is that it is fast."
  • "The lag when using Skype or Screen Sharing with multiple users needs to improve, as it makes it difficult for us to continue when we have to restart the system."

What is our primary use case?

We use Citrix Workspace to login into our system.

We have several users and there are standards in the installation process because of the security. They have found that various systems with standard installations, restricting users to go ahead and install on their own.

Everything is managed through the infrastructure. ServiceNow is used for the CCM.

Everything is automated machine creations and installations. They take care of the machines with regular updates on weekends.

Everything is automated here, and there is no manual intervention for setting up any system if a new user is hired.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like is that it is fast. For example, if I am new to the company, setting up systems can take up a lot of time, but, having standard automation in place allows this user to have the same set of software installed on his or her machine.

The only area that takes some time is that it requires us to get the approval. Once the approval is given, the system with everything is installed as a prerequisite.

Because it's a prerequisite, it's a standard installation in all the systems, there are no discrepancies because everything is standard, it's automated. If I am using a particular version, it will be the same version in my colleague's system.

It's very easy.

What needs improvement?

Performance is an area that can be improved. The meetings that use Skype in Workspace will lag when they run long or we screen share. At times, it is slow when there are multiple users on the server.

When it lags, we restart it to get it resolved. If multiple users are using a single server it will lag.

The lag when using Skype or Screen Sharing with multiple users needs to improve, as it makes it difficult for us to continue when we have to restart the system.

I have been using Citrix Workspace for almost one year.

The solution is stable, however, there are version discrepancies. For example, a new version of Citrix has become available and I am using the old version of Citrix the new version is not compatible with the Media version, which creates problems when using Skype or any video meeting.

Lag is something that we observe frequently, but it can be resolved because we have a guideline page that shows us the versions that should be compatible with our systems or Windows Operating System, and the Media Version, which is the Citrix HDX Realtime Media Version, should also be compatible with the Citrix Workstation that we are using. If both are good your system will work well.

It's a scalable solution and everyone in the organization uses it. We have more than 15,000 users.

We plan to continue to use Citrix Workspace.

I do not have experience with technical support. I have a PoC team that deals with them. They are quick to resolve issues.

We just need to create a ticket and ask for support.

Ther support is good and they are quick to respond and resolve issues.

Previously, we used A3 Machine, which was replaced by Citrix Workspace.

It is easy to install. There is a link provided on our homepage for login.

We just need to install it and restart the system.

It is very fast. It took half an hour or so.

What other advice do I have?

Azure Desktop has been released and we will be using this along with Citrix Workspace. When we want to use something, we need to first have Citrix Workspace.

I have Citrix Workspace and on top of that, I can use Microsoft Azure Desktop, which may allow me to program in that machine. Citrix Workspace is the base and it works fine with most of our products.

Definitely, I would recommend Citrix Workspace to others who are interested in using it. It's very handy, portable, fast, and easy to install. Also, it is the standard amongst all users.

I would encourage everybody to use Citrix Workspace.

We are quite satisfied. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

SS
Research Programmer/Analyst at a renewables & environment company with 201-500 employees
A stable, reliable, and scalable solution with good support and very useful VDI feature

• "The basic virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) feature is most valuable. We were lucky to have it in place when the pandemic hit. It is used very heavily now."
  • "They can simplify the process of printers. Printers were quite a difficult issue. It took us a long time to iron this issue out. We have the most simple use case where people connect from home to either a virtual machine or their physical desktop. We tried more complex solutions like Machine Creation Services, and they were more overhead than they were worth for us. I found them difficult to work with and confusing, and they were not worth the work for us."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for enabling remote workers.

How has it helped my organization?

The primary example right now is the pandemic. People can work remotely without having to use VPNs. We prefer people connecting from home to an institutional system, rather than bringing every random person's home system into our internal network via VPN.

What is most valuable?

The basic virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) feature is most valuable. We were lucky to have it in place when the pandemic hit. It is used very heavily now.

What needs improvement?

They can simplify the process of printers. Printers were quite a difficult issue. It took us a long time to iron this issue out.

We have the most simple use case where people connect from home to either a virtual machine or their physical desktop. We tried more complex solutions like Machine Creation Services, and they were more overhead than they were worth for us. I found them difficult to work with and confusing, and they were not worth the work for us.

The basic VDI is quite good. It is pretty stable and reliable.

It is very scalable. We have 400 end users.

I have used them, and in general, I have been very happy.

Citrix is the only VDI I have used.

It was in place when I was hired. I have been involved with upgrades. Mostly, I have just been filling out the infrastructure and adding more machines. My supervisor was the one who handled the setup.

For its administration, we have two FTEs: myself and a senior systems engineer. There are a couple of other systems administrators who spend a little bit of time working on it. It requires nonstop maintenance every day. It requires four to five hours a day.

I'm not involved with the money aspect at all, but from my perspective, we've got a very good ROI. Particularly during the pandemic, it has enabled the institution to keep working. We seamlessly transitioned to an entirely remote workspace.

We are just now approaching the end of our initial purchase, which was an excellent price for us as an academic institution. We got a very good deal to get us on board. That license is up for renewal in about a year, and we are nervously waiting to see what the pricing will be.

I know that other vendors were evaluated. I was not part of that. It was before I was hired.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution, but it is not always a straightforward solution. Don't underestimate the complexity of a large-scale deployment of infrastructure like this.

I would rate Citrix Workspace an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Microsoft, VMware and others in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Updated: November 2021.
552,027 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CS
Information Systems Analyst II at State of Illinois
Easy to setup and deploy, scalable, with good connectivity for remote connection

• "The most valuable feature is connectivity. The remote connection is the reason we are using this solution."
  • "This solution is resource-intensive, it takes a lot of Bandwidth and a lot of the resources of the server."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Citrix Workspace when I work from home. I use Citrix to remote in.

How has it helped my organization?

Since COVID, we are able to work. That is how half the state is functioning right now, is through remoting in through Citrix Workspace.

What is most valuable?

We have other in-house software that we use to fix our issues.

What needs improvement?

This solution is resource-intensive, it takes a lot of Bandwidth and a lot of the resources of the server.

In the next release, I would like to see it support dual monitors.

I have been using Citrix Workspace for the last seven months, since March.

We are using the latest version and we just completed an upgrade.

I support the helpdesk and use this solution to remote into other users' PCs to help them with their issues, such as word processing, email issues, and things of that nature.

It's stable, providing you have the bandwidth to run it. Also, it depends on your internet provider.

It's not really glitchy. It's just that if you have the bandwidth to run it.

We have at least 25,000 to 30,000 users using it in this state.

We have directors, we have nurses, and we have doctors. We even have our state schools on it. It's like everybody that works for the state is using it.

It's a scalable solution, I have no issues with it.

I have never had to use technical support.

I have never used another solution. This is the first time we've ever had this situation come up, and the first time that I've ever had to work from home and remote in.

The initial setup was pretty easy.

All that you have to do is download the Workspace app to your home computer, and you have to load the receiver onto your work computer and connect.

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would say try it, go with it. It's not a bad product. Just make sure that you have the bandwidth to run it, and a decent PC, because it is resource-intensive.

I would rate Citrix Workspace a nine out of ten.

Francesca Varutti
Practice Manager/Director at NewStart Networks
All-in-one interface for managing applications, desktops, and data

• "The ease of access and the confidentiality and security that it provides is what we like best."
  • "When there are technical issues, sometimes we can't get on the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

We're a community interest company. We store all of our data about our clients and the work that we do on Citrix Workspace.

Within our company, there are five people using Citrix Workspace.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There is no recycle bin, which is a problem. When there are technical issues, sometimes we can't get on the cloud. Obviously, when that happens we are completely lost because we can't access any of our data, but I guess that's a problem that all clouds have.

I have been using Citrix Workspace since April 2012.

We've been using Citrix Workspace for eight years and we've never experienced any serious issues regarding the stability. We're very happy with it.

We've been on the same package since we first started, so I can't really comment on that, but as of yet, we haven't had any issues regarding the scalability.

We've just changed our technical support and they seem to be really good. Our technical support has been good so far.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

We don't have a lot to compare it to, but we certainly think whatever we pay is worthwhile at this point in time. It's very reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Citrix Workspace a rating of nine.

I would recommend Citrix Workspace. I would particularly recommend it for a small company like ours. It is exactly what it said it was. From the word go, we've got out of it what we expected. In this day and age, to have that security of knowing that your data is protected is worth its weight in gold. I would happily recommend this solution to somebody, and indeed, I have recommended it in the past to other businesses that I've come in contact with.

GB
Infrastructure architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Allowing secure, stable access to applications in your environment through virtual desktops

• "It is stable, easy to scale, and provides secure remote access."
  • "The product is currently not working well in hosting conferencing software like Zoom, Team, and Salon."

What is our primary use case?

We are in the process of upgrading the product currently. Our primary use case is having it as our main access for all our employees to be able to connect to our work environment. All applications are available through that access point.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in Citrix is really just the desktop. The desktop part is what we are using right now for our client access. So just the use we have for the remote access, in general, is the most useful for us at this time.

What needs improvement?

I think Citrix Workspace is doing a good job for us. No complaints. If there was an improvement to make on the Workspace product, it would have to do with the communication components. Zoom, Teams, and Salon are not working well within the virtual desktop. So doing something to get the product to allow the video conferencing applications to function better would be the most important.

We have been using a Citrix setup for a long time. I would say 15 years.

Workspace is quite stable. There has been no notable downtime.

It easy to add applications to Workspace and to expand usage.

We are using private companies to help us with the support of the product. We are not using Citrix for support. The support we have is good.

I did look into information about the workspace from VMware. With the VMware workspaces, there were not any specific pain points. We were just researching the products and features for comparison.

What other advice do I have?

What I would say to people looking at Citrix Workspace as a solution is to do thorough testing for all applications. In our case, this should have included video conferencing applications. It was something we did not look at specifically probably because it was working well with everything else.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Citrix Workspace as an eight of ten.

FT
IT Infrastructure Manager at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
A seamless application edition with the low-level network bandwidth

• "The most valuable feature is the seamless application edition with the low-level network bandwidth because we have between 10 and 15 sites in France with a low level of communication needs. We need to deploy our main application, the ERP system, and we needed an efficient solution to provide a solution to the remote sites, with very small links between the data center and the remote site."
  • "The application is now very complex. We started with Citrix on PCs. Now, to access the same application, we need to have a StoreFront Server, the Delivery Controller, and Citrix License Server. It's now very complex."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the seamless application edition with the low-level network bandwidth because we have between 10 and 15 sites in France with a low level of communication needs. We need to deploy our main application, the ERP system, and we needed an efficient solution to provide a solution to the remote sites, with very small links between the data center and the remote site.

What needs improvement?

The application is now very complex. We started with Citrix on PCs. Now, to access the same application, we need to have a StoreFront Server. It's now very complex.

If we want to make a clean application, we need to have StoreFront for the web access between the receiver or the Workspace client. And then have StoreFront connected to the Delivery Controller. The Delivery Controller is connected to the database, NetScaler, which we use to secure remote access.

In the beginning, we used three servers in a load-balancing environment but now to run the same application, it's on many servers.

The price is a little higher compared to other solutions. Big farms need big infrastructure, but for mid-business like us, it's complex.

I have been using Citrix since 2002.

Citrix is stable. We had an issue two weeks ago because of full infrastructure maintenance and some strange issue but it was the only incident we had.

We can say it's stable, but we are dealing very carefully with updates and upgrades too. It's getting a little bit more competitive now to upgrade because we have many components to upgrade.

When this is deployed it's stable, but when we think about upgrading some components, it can be more difficult. We need to do the updates carefully. Normally, we used to have a test farm, but it's expensive to have test farms.

It is easy to deploy a new server on the application.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Citrix if the IT team is at a good technical level with people who can deal with many technologies.

I would rate Citrix Workspace an eight out of ten.

Jose Adan Arias
Network Consulting Engineer at TECNOLOGIK
Manage desktops and data from a single pane

What is our primary use case?

Within our organization, there are roughly 80 users using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The price and user-interface are great.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more audio support.

I have been using this solution for roughly six months.

The stability is good. I experienced a few bugs with previous versions, but not this version.

The scalability is great. On a scale from one to ten, scalability-wise, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

The technical support is pretty good. On a scale from one to ten, I would give…

What is our primary use case?

Within our organization, there are roughly 80 users using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The price and user-interface are great.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more audio support.

I have been using this solution for roughly six months.

The technical support is pretty good. On a scale from one to ten, I would give their technical support a rating of seven. They respond very quickly and they are very skilled at their job.

Citrix Workspace Is difficult to deploy. The initial setup is very complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Hybrid Cloud
RM
Systems Analyst at a healthcare company with 1-10 employees
Works well, easy to deploy, and stable on Windows

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for the VPN.

What is most valuable?

It is a good product. I don't have any complaints.

What needs improvement?

I've recently tried to use Citrix on Ubuntu, and I don't know if this is an Ubuntu issue or a vendor issue, but you can't use Citrix right now on Ubuntu 20.04.

We have been using this solution for maybe six months. We're now migrating most of our machines over to that.

It seems fine on Windows.

We have probably just under a thousand users.

I don't think I ever had to open up a ticket with them for anything.

Which

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for the VPN.

What is most valuable?

It is a good product. I don't have any complaints.

What needs improvement?

It seems fine on Windows.

We have probably just under a thousand users.

I don't think I ever had to open up a ticket with them for anything.

We've been on Citrix as long as I've been here.

It was pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Citrix Workspace an eight out of 10.