Clarity [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Clarity [EOL]?
Fully integrated system for the management of wireless and wireline expenses and inventory.

Download the Business Performance Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Clarity [EOL] Customers
Flexi, Reliance Communications, Sri Lanka Telecom, Telekom Malaysia, TelstraClear, VIVACOM
Clarity [EOL] Video

Archived Clarity [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

Founder, PPM Managing Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees

What is our primary use case?

As a PPM Functional and Technical Consultant I customize the solution according to customers requirements

How has it helped my organization?

The portfolio management module, for example with Waterline Portlet, can really help selecting the projects which will be included in the future year's portfolios.

What is most valuable?

The Portfolio Management Module is the most valuable when implementing a PPM tool. It aggregates and compiles all desired data according to best practices in the field.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better failure free installation and upgrade processes. It has improved a lot over the years luckily.

More than five years.

There are no more issues with stability. I have worked for over 10 years on this solution, and it kept improving.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is very efficient.

We did not use a different solution before.

The initial setup, with experienced service partners, is much more organized and simpler, in terms collecting the needed data in an organized and coherent way and then loading the data properly.

It all depends on the client's need. On-Premise or Hosted solutions (SaaS).

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Finding an experienced partner, and not only the big names, can mean a lot of overhead.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: DOCAP GmbH is an official reseller and implementing partner of CA.
Bob Gill
Principle Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Leaderboard
Not read-only, allows us to update numbers and forecasts, but needs full HTML5 compliance

How has it helped my organization?

This product has allowed us to build a time tracking tool tailored exactly to our needs.

What is most valuable?

The ability to update numbers and also do reporting is a differentiator. Most BI products are read-only. This tool allows users to change information, to update forecasts, and other business processes.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to be updated to use the most recent versions of MS Office. It also needs to be updated to be fully HTML5 compliant.

More than five years.

Similar to my comments on scalability.

The product does not scale well. It relies on Microsoft Analysis Services which has inherent challenges with scaling.

At this time, most folks with knowledge of this technology have transitioned to newer technology. Certant may revive the product, so things may change, given the change of ownership this year.

I’ve also used Oracle Essbase, Board and IBM TM1.

The initial setup can be complex. For an experienced professional, it still takes two days at least.

Pricing will be very competitive now that Certant has decided to revive it.

Anyone looking at this product should also consider IBM Planning Analytics, Host Analytics, Board, MicroStrategy and Adaptive Planning.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it a seven out of 10 because, for the price point, it was very competitive over the past decade. However, since development stopped, it has been surpassed by other competitors in price and functionality (Board, Host Analytics, Planning Analytics).

Be sure to break an implementation into small agile chunks/releases. Having confidence in the data and process is critical. That will only come if you take small, slow, strategic steps.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a consultancy. Our team has experience with the Clarity product, but our interest is in upgrading customers from Clarity to something newer.
Download our free Business Performance Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Clarity, Oracle, Infor, and more!