Cloudberry Backup Reviews

Pete P
User
Director
Apr 18 2018

What is most valuable?

* Connectivity to a lot of different cloud storage solutions * Highly configurable * Email notifications * Scheduling options

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed me to implement a cost effective, highly configurable solution. It provides a good cost savings compared to our previous cloud backup.

What needs improvement?

Maybe implement an easier interface for basic users. For example, a set-up wizard with all the commonly used features as default.

Pricing is reasonable, although can be quite a large upfront cost.

We previously used CrashPlan Pro.

What other advice do I have?

It is early in my usage, as I have only been using it for a couple of weeks.

I had a brief look at other options (GoodSync and Duplicati), but Cloudberry was cheaper and Duplicati was not reliable.
Magdalena Stanek
Owner at DataCorp Magdalena Stanek
Feb 17 2020

What is most valuable?

The backup is the solution's most valuable aspect. The interface is very user-friendly. The solution is simple to use and easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

We quite like the solution. For us, it's been a great solution. It would help if the solution had deduplication. They may be planning to add it in the future. The graphics are looking a bit old and should be updated.

What other advice do I have?

We use both public and private cloud deployment models. Having a backup is necessary. Every user of IT infrastructure needs to have a backup, and this is a good solution to implement because it is so easy and straightforward. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

I've used Nakivo in the past. It's used exclusively for virtual machines whereas CloudBerry also covers physical appliances.
Find out what your peers are saying about CloudBerry Lab, Veeam Software, Acronis and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: February 2020.
399,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Tomas Bozck
Consultant at a transportation company
Mar 04 2018

What is most valuable?

General ease of use and performance of the Windows version. In this regard, Cloudberry Backup is a significant improvement over CrashPlan, which was my previous backup solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Cloudberry Backup is a replacement for CrashPlan, which is leaving the personal market. I needed a easy to implement backup solution for Windows and Linux. So far, Cloudberry meets my general expectations and may turn out to be an improvement over CrashPlan.

What needs improvement?

The Linux GUI leaves a lot to be desired. It lacks many of the features of the Windows version and is buggy, but it is still usable.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Cloudberry Backup

399,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Cloudberry Backup Questions

What is Cloudberry Backup?

CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution. Cloudberry Backup is integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. CloudBerry Backup comes with powerful, easy-to-use backup and disaster recovery capabilities, including file-level and image-based backups, disaster recovery to virtual machines in the cloud, data compression and military-grade encryption using customer-controlled keys. Customers can run CloudBerry Backup on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.

CloudBerry also provides a turnkey, white-label data protection service to thousands of VARs and MSPs to help them build their brand in the cloud backup market.

Since 2012, CloudBerry Lab has been an Amazon Web Services Advanced Technology Partner. CloudBerry Lab has also achieved Storage Competency Partner status in the AWS Partner Network.

For more information please visit www.cloudberrylab.com

Follow us on Twitter at @cloudberrylab

BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Cloud Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about CloudBerry Lab, Veeam Software, Acronis, and more!