CloudBolt OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

CloudBolt is the #15 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Management tools. It is most often compared to VMware vRealize Automation (vRA): CloudBolt vs VMware vRealize Automation (vRA)

What is CloudBolt?

CloudBolt supports a variety of cloud technologies, from on-premises virtualization and private cloud to a wide range public and hybrid cloud configurations.

No need to rip-and-replace. CloudBolt provides easy import, syncing, and management of legacy deployments even as it helps you build out new cloud environments.

CloudBolt lets administrators create and maintain configuration standards while developing a reusable library of service and application templates.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

CloudBolt Customers

WM, CyWest, Panic, Camden, University of Maryland, Xerox, Neustar, Medidata, Continu, Aruba Networks, Neuberger Berman, Peak6, EverBank, Ascensus, Hosting Edge

CloudBolt Video

CloudBolt Reviews

AbhishekGupta3
Solutions Specialist | Product Manager - Cloud & Data Center Services at Hexaware Technologies Limited
Great for maintaining control and insight across various cloud platforms

• "Role-based access control and application blueprinting."
  • "Could increase the number of integrations and add more out-of-the-box work flows."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is for a mixed set of services, including providing IT, multi-cloud management, single pane of glass control panel, providing metering and charge-back capability, role-based access control, and other things. It's a long list. My focus specifically is with regard to the data center and cloud. Enterprise businesses are using this solution.

We use this solution ourselves as well as for our clients. We're a partner with CloudBolt and I am a solution specialist/product manager of cloud and data center services.

How has it helped my organization?

The product takes care of a hybrid cloud environment and it helps me maintain control and insight across various cloud platforms. With regard to the application blueprint, if I'm able to create that using the platform then they are cloud agnostic, so I don't need to create different blueprints for different cloud providers. I just need to create one blueprint and I can select the target cloud myself.

What is most valuable?

The VMware feature is pretty valuable. The role-based access control is valuable. The application blueprinting is something which is really helpful. And the wide support of the cloud provider is something which has also been really helpful. The number of integrations which the product provides out of the box is really helpful.

What needs improvement?

For improvements, I would say that they could maybe increase the number of integrations and add more out-of-the-box work flows and possibly a new or improved user interface. They would all be features that would improve the solution. Currently, the interface is quite good, but an improved one would be better. With regard to billing and charge back, I would really want the platform to have some of those capabilities.

Integration should definitely be included as an additional feature. An advanced level or an enhanced user interface and maybe a good set of new application blueprint out-of-the-box, which any customer can download and use, would be helpful additions.

I've been using this solution for the last eight months.

Stability is quite good and it's helped by the support provided by the team members.

Scalability is quite good.

The technical support is very good.

Initial setup was straightforward. Deployment took about two hours and required one person to implement. We have about four or five people dealing with maintenance. I carried out the deployment and there are about 15 people in the company using the solution.

There are no extra costs aside from the licensing cost.

We were analyzing a couple of solutions and switched to CloudBolt. The features and capability of CloudBolt were one of the major reason for switching. We looked at VMware vRealize, and Cisco CloudCenter was another potential option. Those are the major ones. We were looking for different possibilities for our customers and I wanted to get into the features and understand how both of the tools works so we could complete a comparative analysis.

What other advice do I have?

The documentation provided on this solution is quite easy to follow and what they provide is enough to be able to deploy the solution.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Private Cloud