ConnectWise Automate OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ConnectWise Automate is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. It is most often compared to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager: ConnectWise Automate vs Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager

What is ConnectWise Automate?

ConnectWise Automate, formerly LabTech, is an IT management tool that helps deliver IT services at the speed of business. Our remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform provides powerful automation to discover & manage devices, monitor for problems, and automate action. Deliver streamlined reactive and proactive managed services, stop putting out fires, and start focusing on what matters most. See why over 5,500 partners worldwide chose ConnectWise Automate by visiting https://www.connectwise.com/software/automate or calling 877-522-8323.

ConnectWise Automate is also known as LabTech for IT Service Providers, ConnectWise Automate for Corporate IT Departments, ConnectWise Automate for IT Service Providers.

ConnectWise Automate Buyer's Guide

Download the ConnectWise Automate Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

ConnectWise Automate Customers

I-M Technology, Mainstay Technologies, PC Works Plus, Integrity IT, Kerkhoff Technologies Inc., Marathon Consulting, Christenberry Sales Company, EDTS, Secom Technology, Ready to View, ARRC Technology, DaVinci Digital, JNR Networks, Quinn Technology Solutions, PCIT, Liberty Technology, Capital Computers & Networks, Atlanta Technology Force, Doberman Technologies, First Column Enterprises, CisCom Solutions

ConnectWise Automate Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ConnectWise Automate pricing:
  • "From what I've overheard, it is pretty comparable to other solutions in terms of price."

ConnectWise Automate Reviews

GW
Sr. IT Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Good scripting and patch management, very stable, and easy to scale

• "Scripting and patch management are really important for us. Patch Manager is something that we use a lot, and we would love to have it continually improved. It is one of the most useful features for us for controlling patches and other things for different clients."
  • "We use monitors to keep track of our machines. We use a pretty good portion of information from Automate."
  • "In Patch Manager, there should be more reportability so that it is easier to see the updates that I have applied to a machine and when the next update will happen. A lot of times, it seems like all the information is kind of thrown all over the place, and you can't really see it all at the same time. There should be a simplified patch data view that allows us to quickly confirm that our various clients are getting patched as they should be."
  • "We would love to get feature updates and cumulative updates fixed. I know they aren't really supposed to be pushed with Patch Manager. We've got recommendations from ConnectWise to use the scripted feature update installs, scripted KB updates, etc. Having these in Patch Manager itself would be great."
  • "The wait time for a support ticket to be addressed needs to be reduced. They take a couple of days to get back. It is a little frustrating when we have to wait for a couple of days. A lot of times, the issue is critical for us. If we're reaching out to their support team and submitting a ticket, it is because we need it handled quickly."

What is most valuable?

Scripting and patch management are really important for us. Patch Manager is something that we use a lot, and we would love to have it continually improved. It is one of the most useful features for us for controlling patches and other things for different clients.

What needs improvement?

In Patch Manager, there should be more reportability so that it is easier to see the updates that I have applied to a machine and when the next update will happen. A lot of times, it seems like all the information is kind of thrown all over the place, and you can't really see it all at the same time. There should be a simplified patch data view that allows us to quickly confirm that our various clients are getting patched as they should be.

We would love to get feature updates and cumulative updates fixed. I know they aren't really supposed to be pushed with Patch Manager. We've got recommendations from ConnectWise to use the scripted feature update installs, scripted KB updates, etc. Having these in Patch Manager itself would be great.

The wait time for a support ticket to be addressed needs to be reduced. They take a couple of days to get back. It is a little frustrating when we have to wait for a couple of days. A lot of times, the issue is critical for us. If we're reaching out to their support team and submitting a ticket, it is because we need it handled quickly.

I have been using this solution for one and a half years.

Its stability is quite good from my experience. Most of the time, if there is an issue, it is because of something that caused it. We don't seem to experience random issues very often. We are able to deal with and handle most of the stuff that we encounter.

Now that we have it in place, it is quite easy for us to scale. If we onboard a new client, we can quickly put them in there with little to no effort. It is very scalable for us.

Their tech support is hit or miss from my experience. There are two support lines. You have the immediate chat where you can just do a live chat with an agent, and then there is also the ticket submittal kind of process. From my experience, rather than actually providing specific solutions, the people in the instant chat end up saying, "Go to this link." They pretty much just send us to various ConnectWise documentation pages rather than actually providing a solution and helping us dive into the issue. Their chat is like, "Well, this documentation page is in reference to what you're referring to. So, take a look at this."

One of the things that I would ask them to improve is the wait time. If we're in the instant chat system, a lot of times what happens is that we'll get to a point where the person on the instant chat says that he or she is going to escalate this up into a ticket, and then they'll have somebody reach back. In our experience, when that happens, it means that we're not going to hear back for a couple of days. A lot of times, the issue is critical for us. If we're reaching out to ConnectWise's support team and submitting a ticket, it is because we need it handled quickly. So, a lot of times, it is a little frustrating when we have to wait for a couple of days before we even hear back.

I do know that they used Kaseya previously, but I wasn't here at that time. I am not sure about the specifics of differences, but I do know that we are happier now after switching from Kaseya. I know they had difficulties with Kaseya, but I don't know the full extent of it.

I was not a part of the initial setup. It was somebody who used to work for us, but I do remember overhearing about it. It definitely was a long setup process. It required some adjustments, etc.

From what I've overheard, it is pretty comparable to other solutions in terms of price.

What other advice do I have?

It is as powerful as you use it to be. If someone is just going to use it for remote access and things like that, they will be wasting a lot of money. It is as good as you make it. My recommendation would be that if you're not going to use all of the features, you can use another solution. For example, ConnectWise Automate implements ScreenConnect, which is another one of their products that provides just the remote access screen connection to the machines. For some of our clients who don't really need full monitoring, we just have a screen connection available.

I would rate ConnectWise Automate an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
RB
IT Support Specialist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to deploy with great scalability and good reporting

• "The initial setup is easy and the deployment is quick."
  • "Their support needs to be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to manage our clients. We use the solution to get into their computers for remote support and tasks of that nature.

What is most valuable?

The reporting on the product is great.

Remote fixes are very useful. There are some of the automated fixes and patches, which is stuff that we really don't have to worry about too much anymore.

The stability is okay.

The initial setup is easy and the deployment is quick.

The solution can definitely scale.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to offer more integration with other tools.

Their support needs to be better.

I've been using the solution for about two years. It's been a while.

The stability is mostly pretty good. There are no bugs and it doesn't crash or freeze. However, their email connector is kind of spotty sometimes.

The solution is scalable. There shouldn't be an issue with expanding if a company needs to do so.

We have 50 people on the solution right now, which is basically everybody, and we wouldn't have an issue going up and having more users. I'd say, at this time, the solution is being extensively used.

The technical support on offer could be better. It's just the process that's not so good right now. For example, there are no phone calls. It's all on email. If I were to rate their level of service, I'd give them a six out of ten.

We have used different solutions in the past. I'm not a hundred percent sure why we ultimately switched to this product. It was a decision that was above my pay grade.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. A company shouldn't have any issues with it.

We kind of did the deployment over time, however, it didn't take long to deploy. We had it up and going relatively quickly. It took maybe a few hours in total. While it took a few days to compile a few details, we'd do an hour here or an hour there with a consultant over that time to get it done.

There's no real downtime in terms of updates and maintenance. We get an alert that there's an update and we do it in production so that we have no downtime.

During the implementation process, we used a consultant from ConnectWise. It was part of their setup offering. Overall, the experience with them was very positive.

While it's my understanding that we pay for the solution on a monthly basis, I cannot say what the exact costs are.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user.

We've got probably the most recent version. We update it every time we are able to.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten, mostly due to the fact that it is very scalable.

Private Cloud

Learn what your peers think about ConnectWise Automate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
540,984 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chris Walters
Voip Network Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Saves us a lot of time and money; some issues with menu loading

• "A good automated scripts feature."
  • "The menu doesn't always load properly."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for managing systems, being able to see them online and offline. I use the solution as a shortcut to ConnectWise Control, because the way our permissions are set up in our actual ConnectWise Control portal, our internal systems can't be reached. I need to use Automate in order to control my system at the office if I need to do something inside the company LAN. I'm the VoIP network engineer at InfiNet Solutions.

What is most valuable?

The automated scripts feature means that we can set up for a lot of different things and they have reduced tech input drastically, in the sense that a task only needs to be done once instead of 100 times.

What needs improvement?

I have issues with the menu, a lot of the time it doesn't load properly on initial login and I have to refresh and reload everything before I can actually search through agents. It can just sit there and spin on you at the initial login. I know we get some false positives at times, where things report offline and then when we connect to them with control they're connectable. They're definitely online, the agent just fails to report sometimes. I don't know the specifics of why it does that.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

The stability is okay. There's random stuff that we find all the time, just like with any software. You can always find something if you look hard enough. The main issues that we've had as far as bugs or glitches go are related to other things, like when an AWS stack went down and it knocked out our sign-on server, cutting access for four hours until we were able to actually manipulate some code in their database to stop accessing that sign-on server and allow us to use the local log-ins we used to use. That's more connected to the ConnectWise as a whole, not Automate.

The solution is scalable to any size you want to scale it to. We currently have 15 techs using it. These are level one, two and three service technicians.

I can only comment as a user where it's just a matter of logging in because everything has been created on the administration backside. There's not really much setup at all that I go through as an end user.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend exploring the features and the pricing model before purchase. It seems like a few years ago our pricing model was a little better than it is currently. I know there are solutions coming on the market with some pretty aggressive pricing models where you're paying on a per tech license rather than a per agent license. Automate is a per deployed agent rather than per tech so if we're 15 techs working on 3000 computers, it's a lot better to pay the tech license than the agent license.

I would rate this solution a six out of 10.

KC
Information Security Manager at a recruiting/HR firm with 201-500 employees
Stable but needs better reporting and more transparent overviews

• "It's definitely improved the help-desk servicing, et cetera."
  • "They could use some automated alerts particularly when we're talking about an MSP that might shoot over."

What is our primary use case?

Automate also pushes out patching and different things to different products that we have. We also use it to desktop manage, et cetera.

Our third-party provider uses ConnectWise as their ticketing system.

What is most valuable?

It's definitely improved the help-desk servicing, et cetera.

The solution is very stable.

What needs improvement?

I don't know whether it's a third-party provider, however, the reporting, et cetera, is not what I would expect. They offer their reporting outside that system. I would say that either it's not turned on or not configured. I don't actually have the licensing for that product. That's my MSP, however, in terms of what I'm able to see and what I could see, I would say that it really needs to improve on it. They need better visibility and reporting and alerts and different things.

They basically need reporting and transparent overviews and management of analysis tools and different things like history graphing. They could use some automated alerts particularly when we're talking about an MSP that might shoot over. It would be good if they could say "Hey, we've had a cluster of incidents," that would trigger our automatic updates. That would be really good.

We've been using the solution, likely for less than a year.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable. There are no bugs and glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution seems to be scalable. We've continued to use it as we grow and it's been fine for us so far.

Just the IT team uses the solution. There are five internal users and about seven external users that log onto that system and use it. Automate pushes out and connects up to all our devices, et cetera, and pushes out updates. However, in terms of people that actually sign on to the program, it's just the IT team.

While I'm sure that they offer technical support, I have no direct experience dealing with them and therefore I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

The product seems to be pretty straightforward to implement.

We do have one license, however, mostly we use the web link that they've given us. I would say that it was a fairly quick install for them to get that up and running.

The deployment process was pretty quick. It was likely less than a month.

We don't pay for that license, et cetera, due to the fact that we use an MSP.

What other advice do I have?

As we use a cloud deployment, we are always using the latest version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at a five out of ten. It's just a bit basic.

I wouldn't recommend the solution to others at this time.

Elmira Iravani
Network Administrator at Hanatech
Easy to implement, very stable, and offers lots of great features

• "The implementation is nice and easy."
  • "I have a problem with the reports available on the solution. I don't understand how to work with the reporting functionality. For example, when I want to give a report for a specific machine, ConnectWise doesn't seem to have this as an option. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if the reporting functionality is just poorly conceived."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider. The solution is primarily used as both an in-work controller and central control.

What is most valuable?

There are many features within the solution, however, I find that I usually use control or remote solutions.

I appreciate how I can check the user statuses, including IP addresses, flags, etc., and see the last login of the user.

The implementation is nice and easy.

What needs improvement?

I have a problem with the reports available on the solution. I don't understand how to work with the reporting functionality. For example, when I want to give a report for a specific machine, ConnectWise doesn't seem to have this as an option. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if the reporting functionality is just poorly conceived.

In the future, it would be nice if they also had a Service Desk integration between ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate. Some tickets should be automatically created in Automate and then passed to Manage.

I've been using the solution for five months.

The stability of the solution is great. Everything is working well. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze or crash. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is questionable. I've had some issues. I can't quite remember what they were, however, I remember scaling being a problem for us.

We have about 110 agents on the solution right now, and we purchased 125 in total.

We use it all of the time, every day. We may increase usage in the future, as we do use it often.

Technical support has been good. Everyone we have been in contact with has responded to our queries in a reasonable amount of time. We've found them to be helpful and knowledgeable.

They also have an excellent Live Chat option, which I've used many, many times. It's very easy to connect with them.

We never used another solution before choosing this product.

The initial setup is not complex. It's quite straightforward.

Deployment is super fast and only takes about two minutes.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need the help of a reseller or integrator.

We originally bought 125 agents and we do plan to potentially increase them in the future. I'm not sure of what the exact cost was, however.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner with ConnectWise.

We're most likely using the latest version of the solution.

I'd advise those considering using the solution to work to integrate everything they can.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

DK
Network Support Specialist IV at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Intuitive user-friendly interface, but could have better links to other ticketing systems

• "ConnectWise Automate's interface is pretty easy to use. It's pretty intuitive to get around and navigate it. It does what I need, which is usually connecting to the client and customers systems."
  • "There could be better linkages between ConnectWise Automate and Manage from a ticketing perspective. Automate and Manage each has its own ticketing system. We use the one in Manage, but it'd be nice if they were linked directly to the one in Automate."

What is our primary use case?

We use ConnectWise Automate to monitor and maintain customer systems. It allows us to administrate remote access chains. So basically we use it for administration, remote access, assistance, and help desk services. We currently have about 10 staff using it on our side. They're support specialists ranging from tier one to tier three.

How has it helped my organization?

ConnectWise Automate made it easier to keep in contact with customers while working remotely.

What is most valuable?

ConnectWise Automate's interface is pretty easy to use. It's pretty intuitive to get around and navigate it. It does what I need, which is usually connecting to the client and customers systems. I can just help them from home or from work.

What needs improvement?

There could be better linkages between ConnectWise Automate and Manage from a ticketing perspective. Automate and Manage each has its own ticketing system. We use the one in Manage, but it'd be nice if they were linked directly to the one in Automate.

We've been using ConnectWise for a couple of years now.

So far, Automate seems pretty stable. I don't think we've had any big issues with having to reboot it that often. Once in a while needs a reboot, but It's too frequently as far as I can tell. Not too terribly much.

I'm still unsure about ConnectWise's scalability. Automate seems like it can scale, but we don't have the biggest customer base in the world, so it is hard for me to say.

What other advice do I have?

Since I didn't implement it, I only have advice on usage. So far, it's doing what we need it to do. But as is the case with most of these types of products, eventually we're going to need to go to a remote solution that's not third-party.

I would rate ConnectWise Automate a seven out of 10. It's pretty average for what we're using it to do.

Download our free ConnectWise Automate Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.