ConnectWise Manage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ConnectWise Manage is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Business Management Software. It is most often compared to Datto Autotask Professional Services Automation: ConnectWise Manage vs Datto Autotask Professional Services Automation

What is ConnectWise Manage?

Made for companies that sell, service, and support technology, ConnectWise Manage is the leading business management platform worldwide. Today, more than 110,000 users rely on ConnectWise Manage to achieve greater accountability, operational efficiency, and profitability. Leveraging the cloud, the platform fully integrates business-process automation, help desk and customer service, sales, marketing, project management, and business analytics that dramatically streamline a company's operations.

ConnectWise Manage is the hub of the ConnectWise suite of products, a set of solutions for technology solution providers that gives an end-to-end view and total control over their business.

ConnectWise Manage also gives its users access to a powerful network of ideas, experts, and solutions. A veteran in the technology services industry, ConnectWise Manage has been the premier business management platform for technology companies for more than 15 years.

ConnectWise Manage Buyer's Guide

Download the ConnectWise Manage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

ConnectWise Manage Customers

IT Connexx, High Standards Technology Inc, Solvere One, MyIT, ConnectWise, Simpatico Systems, Fred IT Group, ECS, OneStop, K2 Technologies, Clark Integrated Technologies, Jmark, Geek on Wheels

ConnectWise Manage Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ConnectWise Manage pricing:
  • "The cost can be the main barrier. It's not a solution for a three person company. It just isn't going to be cost effective. Because ConnectWise Manage does have everything there, the licensing is a little bit restrictive as far as how they want to granularly assign licenses rather than having more of an all-inclusive package."
  • "There are some different add-ons and benefits that are optional and come at an additional cost."
  • "We're paying $940 a month for 14 users."

ConnectWise Manage Reviews

GW
Sr. IT Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Easy to set up, good central management, and is a super-powerful tool

• "The initial setup isn't too difficult."
  • "A lot of times, it'll take a couple of moments for things to go through. If you're not patient about it, it may seem like things aren't working."

What is our primary use case?

We have one of the servers that our managed stuff runs on, and it's hosted by ConnectWise themselves. They keep all of our stuff up to date.

The primary tool that we're using is the service desk functionality. Our help desk ticketing system goes through there. Pretty much what that allows us to do, is it allows us to keep all of our clients in one location. It also keeps track of all the tickets and contacts. On top of that, we have what are called configurations and our configuration is like any type of endpoint or log-in or object or anything like that. Therefore, workstations or accounts or all that type of stuff is stored all in ConnectWise. That way, whenever we create a ticket, we can quickly look at the configurations for that client and pull useful information.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable features, at least for us, are definitely apparent when it comes to the kind of central management on offer. Being able for it, number one, to directly integrate into ConnectWise Automate, goes hand in hand. What that allows us to do is it allows us to, have an up-to-date inventory on all of our stuff, and also have all of that information available to us in ConnectWise. Being able to pull pretty much any information needed directly into our ticketing system without having to go outside is always really useful.

We handle our service agreements and our billing and finances and all that stuff. Being central helps us keep track of how much we need to bill each of our clients, as well as how many different tickets we have and how long technically takes when it comes to time and expenses and stuff like that.

It's definitely one of those tools that is super powerful.

The initial setup isn't too difficult.

What needs improvement?

There definitely is a learning curve to it. It has its issues. You've constantly got to make sure you're saving everything. You have to refresh and save stuff all the time, to make sure that things are applied as needed, and also, you have got to have some patience when it comes to making changes to things.

If anything, I would say when it comes to just their features and stuff that are available, sometimes, it just needs a simplified view or some sort of way to offer a simplified view for our customers. Sometimes it's just so much information available to the point where you don't even know where to look. It could be more user-friendly.

Technical support could be better.

You're kind of locked down when it comes to how the interface is laid out and what your branding and stuff look like. Increased customization is useful for us as well.

We've been using the solution for a year and a half at this point. It hasn't been too long.

Pretty much everybody on our team utilizes Manage, even including people who aren't necessarily technicians. Our technical account manager is the guy who's in charge of making sure agreements and stuff are up to date and sends out quotes and invoices, et cetera. He's in the time and expense and financing section of Manage most of the time. However, it pretty much allows all of our team members to connect in one place, in a central office. Anyone who is using ConnectWise Manage is also using ConnectWise Automate, and they do directly integrate. All the information from Automate gets pulled into ConnectWise Manage by itself and then it's available in those configurations.

They definitely need better tech support. There's a lot of instances where we are kind of forced to go to them for their support team. It is a slow process and it constantly just feels like they're pretty much sending you to the documentation page that you already would have found, rather than actually offering direct assistance. Sometimes we'll send a question and then they'll just reply with a link to a documentation page. I would definitely say that there is tech support available, however, I would say it's a growing point that they need to focus on.

The only other tool I've really used before that I would say is comparable would be ManageEngine. It's a very comparable ticketing system. And just based on my experience between the two, ConnectWise does seem like it has a better feature set. It seems like everything's well-drawn out a little bit better and also, one thing I like about ConnectWise is that there's a kind of consistency between menus. Once you figure out where things are normally located and what menus typically look like, it's not like every single window you open is a brand new settings window. It's a lot of the pages, however, once you start using ConnectWise Manage, a lot of the things will look really familiar between the two solutions.

The setup isn't too crazy, however, due to the learning curve, you need to be training actual technicians. During that setup process, it was a bit of careful checking to make sure you've got it set stuff up all correctly. From my understanding, it wasn't too bad and not impossible to get set up.

I wasn't yet at the company when it was deployed, and therefore, I cannot speak to how long the process took.

I'm not 100% sure about pricing. My understanding is that ConnectWise is cheaper than ManageEngine, however, I would have to double-check.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with ConnectWise.

Our deployment is partially on the cloud and partially on-premises.

If we needed to restart it, which we really ever have to do, that's all hosted by ConnectWise. This is convenient to us, as that's something that, due to the fact we're already managing so many systems, it's one less thing we have to worry about.

For others implementing the product, I'd advise that it's very much one of those ticketing systems that it's as powerful as you want to make it. My advice would be to utilize as many of the integrations that are available as possible. A lot of the integrations will help auto-populate data and pull in information that you'll want/need. Take advantage of the available integrations and add-ons. For example, we use Webroot antivirus for our clients and we can deploy Webroot through Automate. Through Manage, we have a Webroot integration that keeps a log of where our agents are at and that type of stuff. We're able to access that information from multiple places and it helps us. That way we'll get a ticket in our system that says, "Hey, this person got an alert on their antivirus. You need to look into this." Therefore, it allows us to catch things a little bit quicker.

I'd rate the product at an eight out of ten. It's really good software, however, they definitely have some things that need to be worked on, in regards to actually supporting their software. We've run into problems where, if we're able to fix it ourselves, it's not an issue and when we're just using it on a day-to-day basis, it's fine. However, once something goes wrong and we're trying to get it fixed, it's a slow process. Their support definitely needs to be fixed. It would be nice to just have some more customization options.

Chris Walters
Voip Network Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Has mass move and mass edit functions, and a refinable search function

• "I like the search function up top where if you know what you're searching for, you can find it pretty quickly. Because you've got the option to change what the search parameters are, whether you're searching for a project, quote, ticket, or an invoice, you can kind of pick and choose what you're looking for."
  • "If you've got 40 tickets that come in, that get generated, that don't get properly tagged with the company, you can't just check them all and reassign them to another company. You have to individually reassign each one of those tickets to a new company."

What is our primary use case?

It's our daily ticketing board. That's where we keep all of our companies with all of their configurations. We handle ticket dispatch through there, meeting scheduling, all of our triage boards, and so on. So, incoming tickets to our help desk all go there.

All of our projects are managed through there, along with our quoting opportunities, our product catalog, and our agreements with all of our clients. Pretty much our whole company runs through ConnectWise Manage.

What is most valuable?

Some of the mass move features are nice, as far as being able to mass move some tickets and do some mass edit functions.

What needs improvement?

There are some edit and mass edit functions that don't exist. You can mass delete tickets or mass move tickets from one board to another, but you can't mass change a company. So, if you've got 40 tickets that come in, that get generated, that don't get properly tagged with the company, you can't just check them all and reassign them to another company. You have to individually reassign each one of those tickets to a new company.

Also, I have seen some unreliability on some of the workflow rules where we have rules that are set to inspect our board every five minutes and move tickets that match certain criteria to different places. At times, these workflow rules just stop working for a few hours. Then, we end up having a bunch of tickets that start piling up that were supposed to be automated out.

Also, integration with some of their other services could be improved so that the process is not as clunky as it is now.

I've been using ConnectWise Manage for a little over four years.

Reliability is definitely something that I have issues with, especially over a bad connection. For example, I'm on satellite internet at home, and we have a cloud solution. So, I know obviously that we've got a good connection on the other side, but it seems like if a connection gets dropped in the middle of something loading, sometimes it doesn't properly re-request the information that I was trying to get.

So, for instance, if I'm pulling up a ticket and my connection gets disrupted slightly, a lot of the time it won't load the ticket notes. There will just be a blank section where you know there's supposed to be data. We've got a bot built in Microsoft Teams. So I can go into Teams and use an API call to pull that notes section out. So, I know it's there; it's just that the system isn't fully getting it to me.

I definitely experience that on a slow connection much more. When I'm in my office on a fiber connection, a 200/200 fiber, I see a totally different operation than that when I'm at home on a 35/5 satellite.

It seems to be scalable. I know that we've got hundreds of clients, both past and present. I know that there are MSPs that are using much larger solutions and that we're using ConnectWise. So I think as long as your hardware is set up to support it, it's as scalable as you want it to be.

However, when we were running an on-premises version, we did notice that we had some scalability issues using hard disks rather than SSDs.

We've got about 20 people using ConnectWise Manage. About 15 of those are techs, and the other five are admin personnel, our ordering, accounting, ownership, sales, etc.

From an end-user standpoint, I would say that technical support is decent, probably a seven or an eight out of ten.

From talking with the NOC staff, from an admin perspective, about handling actual server configuration issues, I've heard that they would rate support at three or four. I've heard that they're better with end-user support than they are with system admin support.

From an end-user standpoint, the initial setup is very simple.

Because ConnectWise Manage does have everything there, the licensing is a little bit restrictive as far as how they granularly assign licenses rather than having more of an all-inclusive package.

You're going to get everything you want, but you're going to pay more for it than you would for some other solutions that may offer all the same features but may require more technical abilities in order to implement them properly.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that it provides everything that you need. I think it probably does everything that you need it to do if you're willing to go through the work to configure it properly.

I think ConnectWise is a great solution. However, I believe it's going to start losing market share based on its somewhat restrictive licensing practice. I would say that it's similar to a Cisco or an Avaya phone system, where you're going to get the best, probably one of the best things out there on the market, but you're also going to pay the highest dollar for it. Also, you're not necessarily going to have the best tech support because they will be supporting such a large clientele.

Overall, I would rate ConnectWise Manage at eight on a scale from one to ten. Their team doesn't know the API as well as they probably need to in order to support the admin personnel who are trying to utilize it.

Learn what your peers think about ConnectWise Manage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,462 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mitchell Fitzpatrick
Junior Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good automation and integrates with other systems, but the interface is a bit complicated

• "The most valuable feature is the management of projects from start to finish."
  • "It needs to be easier to share tickets between users who need to work together."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for several use cases. For example, it is used for our entire procurement area and ordering all of our stock on hand. It is used for ordering smartphones and smart devices.

We also use it for managed services because we provide IT services to clients. It receives and manages bulk tickets from a variety of different clients. Essentially, it is our ticketing and CRM system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the management of projects from start to finish. It starts with sales and goes right to project delivery.

The automation and integration with our other systems are a benefit.

The usability is really good.

The knowledge base is very thorough.

What needs improvement?

The UX for general users can be improved as the UI is quite clunky and complicated.

The ability to collaborate on and communicate about tickets can be improved. It needs to be easier to share tickets between users who need to work together. Having an internal chat system would be helpful, rather than having to rely on emails and notes.

The technical support response times and SLAs could be improved, although the support, itself, is thorough.

We have been using ConnectWise Manage for four years.

I'd say that this is a stable solution.

It is easy to scale and expand.

We have 80 or 90 people who use this solution on a daily basis. It is being used all the time.

I have been in touch with technical support and I would say that they are thorough, but maybe not as quick of a response as you'd hope for.

Prior to using ConnectWise Manage, we used the Zendesk ticketing system. We switched because it wasn't quite as scalable and there wasn't a single pane of glass for all of the products that we needed.

The initial setup was simplistic enough in terms of the steps, but for our caliber of company and what we needed to do, it was complex. There was a lot of that we had to do. I think that the full migration took at least 11 to 13 months.

We currently have three administrators who do the maintenance. It comes in the form of updating cost changes, pricing codes, or company details. We have to make sure that these details are always accurate. The administrators receive information from each of our departments and update it in the system.

We used consultants and help from the vendor in terms of guidance on the best way to have a smooth migration and process.

The licensing is cheaper than Salesforce. There are some different add-ons and benefits that are optional and come at an additional cost.

We also considered using Salesforce during our switch from Zendesk. The cost was an issue but so was availability in Australia. Salesforce is an American company and there are not a lot of consultants available.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution or another CRM is to migrate slowly and bring across departments one at a time. Definitely map out the entire migration to make sure that everything is aligned correctly. Otherwise, you'll run into issues.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Tom Cross
President at Fairoaks IT
MSP
Scalable, stable, and integrates well with other solutions

• "The product has been pretty stable so far."
  • "The custom reporting needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use ConnectWise for ticketing. It's our PSA.

How has it helped my organization?

It's our central business management platform.

What is most valuable?

The solution integrates with pretty much everything that we need.

The product has been pretty stable so far.

The solution can scale quite well.

What needs improvement?

The custom reporting needs to be improved.

The initial setup can get complex.

We've probably been using the solution for eight years at this point. It's been a while.

The stability is pretty good. There are occasional issues as it's on the cloud. There are days that it's slow and days that it's better, however, for the most part, it's stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the solution is very good.

We have 14 users on the solution currently.

While we do use the product quite a bit, we have no plans to increase usage at this time.

Technical support is okay. I would rate them at a seven out of ten. They are mostly helpful and responsive.

We started with ConnectWise. We did not use a different solution previously.

The initial setup was fairly complex. It's not simple as it's a pretty encompassing system.

It's hosted, so we're not investing anything into maintenance or things like that.

They have consulting services that they offer on startups. We took advantage of their assistance when we implemented the solution. I'd rate their services at a six out of ten.

We're paying $940 a month for 14 users.

Costs vary and pricing depends on the modules that somebody purchases.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user. We are not a partner or reseller.

Due to the fact that we are on a cloud deployment, we are always on the most recent version of the solution.

I've talked to other MSP owners and I still have the opinion that it's the best solution out there.

I'd rate this solution at an eight out of ten. The cloud platform has some slow days, which is an issue. The problem with custom reporting is an issue and support could be better. However, we're largely pretty happy with its capabilities.

Private Cloud
BP
Network Administrator at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Stable, integrates well with other products, and does everything that we want it to do

• "It handles ticketing pretty well, and it's not something I have many critiques for."
  • "Sometimes it is a little bit slow, which is the only complaint I have about it."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for straightforward ticketing.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it is a little bit slow, which is the only complaint I have about it. If you're trying to do a mass update on tickets or anything like that, sometimes it takes a while to finish.

I have been working with ConnectWise Manage for approximately the past four months. My company has been using it for much longer, perhaps five years.

It seems pretty solid and I don't have any complaints.

With respect to scalability, we have integrations with other software that seems to work pretty well. We have approximately 10 people that use it, ranging anywhere from project managers to network engineers, system administrators, and help desk people. The usage is pretty broad.

We have a ConnectWise rep that we work with since we have so many of their solutions.

I have used other ticketing systems and they have not been as solid as ConnectWise. I've been very happy with this product.

The setup was completed long before I joined the company.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that it works well if you're using all of the ConnectWise tools. I imagine that if you weren't, it wouldn't be as good. We use ConnectWise Automate, as well as Manage and some other ones, and it seems to work well with their suite.

At the moment, it seems to do everything that we want it to do.

RB
IT Support Specialist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reliable ticketing system, that is easy to install and is easy to scale

• "It's a nice ticketing system."
  • "The tracking inventory or the way it tracks the products is not very good."

What is our primary use case?

We use ConnectWise Manage as a ticketing system, similar to ServiceNow and Jira.

How has it helped my organization?

ConnectWise Manage has made a difference in the connection to all of the other employees.

What is most valuable?

I like that we are able to email the tickets, and being able to put remote computers into the tickets, is a nice feature.

It's a nice ticketing system.

What needs improvement?

The inventory part of it needs improvement. The tracking inventory or the way it tracks the products is not very good.

The support needs improvement; otherwise, it works well.

We have been using ConnectWise Manage for two years.

We are using the latest version.

The stability of ConnectWise Manage is good.

The scalability is good. It is not a problem to scale up.

We have approximately 50 users in our organization who use this solution.

ConnectWise Manage is used on a daily basis.

The technical support could be improved. Their process method is not effective. There are no phone calls for example. It's all done via email. If I had to rate their level of service, I would give it a six out of ten.

Previously, we used Tigerpaw.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

With the exception of the inventory tracking of products, it's easy to track things.

I would rate ConnectWise Manage an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud