SL
Technical Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
There have been fewer failures with our batch scheduling

• "The pressure on our operations and our maintenance has been reduced."
  • "The report form and display function are weak; they are not very powerful."

What is our primary use case?

We schedule all our batch jobs for business systems through Control-M. Almost all the applications in the organization are scheduling batch jobs with Control-M.

How has it helped my organization?

Using BIM, Control-M helped us to improve Service Level Operations performance.

The pressure on our operations and maintenance has been reduced.

What is most valuable?

It is capable of service orchestration, which is needed by my organization.

It provides us with a unified view, where we can easily define, orchestrate, and monitor all our application workflows and data pipelines. This is very important for scheduling my organization's batch jobs.

The error content of Control-M is clearly displayed.

What needs improvement?

There are four things that need to be improved about Control-M:

1. Improvement in the slow architecture. Distributed architecture is not currently supported.
  2. The report form and display function are weak; they are not very powerful.
  3. The Web interface is not yet a complete replacement for the C/S interface.
  4. SSO and multi-tenant features are not yet supported.

I have been using it for 10 years.

The solution is very stable.

We upgrade versions according to the plan. Adequate testing is done before upgrading.

Two people are required for day-to-day maintenance.

It provides general scalability.

There are about a dozen people who use the solution: administrators, operators, and observers.

We have opened case requests to their support.

We did not previously use another solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

While there is no specific ROI, there have been fewer failures with our batch scheduling.

There are human costs in addition to the standard pricing and licensing of this solution.

We evaluated other options. The main differences between solutions were their Gartner scores.

What other advice do I have?

Buy and use it.

We developed a localized platform for managing Control-M.

We don't have MFT functionality.

The biggest lessons from using this solution: service orchestration and automation.

I would rate this solution as nine out of 10.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner
Cristian Martinez
Pre-Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, Technical Area Coordinator at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
An easy-to-use solution with good stability and integration capabilities

• "Its compatibility with the new technologies and platforms, like the Google Cloud or Amazon, is the most valuable. Its console allows us to view the duration and execution of a process. It is also very easy to use and easy to implement."
  • "Its operations and infrastructure can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Many companies are using Control-M in Mexico, two main companies from the retail sector have been using Control-M for around 15 years for all the administration of their processes.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been helpful in reducing costs and resources.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Some companies have found Control-M a very costly solution, and they think it’s not worth the investment. My recommendation is that they can evaluate some points like Control-M is a leader in EMA Analysis (similar to Gartner Studio), and see the potential of Control-M and the immediate benefits that it can have to the Business. It’s my understanding that BMC will be releasing Control-M Saas, which will have a new commercial schema, more accessible than the On-Premise schema.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. All our clients are big companies.

Their technical support is very good. We need to create tickets, and their response time is good.

Its implementation is pretty fast and easy. The duration depends on the size of the infrastructure. It could be implemented between one to three months.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It has good stability and integration capabilities. It is also easy to use and easy to implement.

I would rate Control-M a ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Control-M. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jorge Lozano
Software Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easy to scale, easy to use, and perfect support

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller. Our clients are from banks, retail, and pharmacy industries. We deploy versions 6, 7, 9, and 10 of this solution.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use. The HA feature is also very good.

What needs improvement?

Its installation can be better. Currently, we have to install it manually. The file transfer feature can also be improved. It is not very easy to transfer a file from business to business.  In terms of new features, they can include new technologies. It can have API integration.

I have been using this solution for 11 years.

It is stable. There are no glitches. It has been working well from the start.

What do I

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use. The HA feature is also very good.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for 11 years.

It is stable. There are no glitches. It has been working well from the start.

Its scalability is good. It is easy to scale. Our clients are medium and big enterprises.

They are perfect. I would rate them a ten out of ten.

The initial setup was easy. The deployment took two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Control-M a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
SS
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A complete package to manage a work environment

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the:  GUI console Stability Workflow

What needs improvement?

I think it's slightly expensive but at the same time, it's a good product.

I have been using Control-M for ten years.

Their technical support is awesome. They're helpful when you're in a complicated situation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. Control-M is the complete package to manage a work environment.  I would rate Control-M an eight out of ten.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the:

• GUI console
  • Stability
  • Workflow

What needs improvement?

I think it's slightly expensive but at the same time, it's a good product.

I have been using Control-M for ten years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Control-M an eight out of ten.