HS
IT manager at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Provides ability to see what's going on with your assets and react to cyber attacks

• "Its ability to react to cyber data attacks is awesome. That is pretty much the use of it. What blows your mind is the ability to access your assets remotely and see what is actually going on with them. You can not only see them in a console. You can also react very rapidly to your assets that are compromised."
  • "It should support more mobile operating systems. That is one of the cons of their infrastructure right now."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for visibility, mitigation, and analysis of advanced threat attacks.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for more than four years.

It has been extremely stable.

It is easily scalable. For example, if you have version 2, Palo Alto upgrades it automatically. The agents for your assets are also scalable for new operating systems. So, it is very scalable.

Their technical support is very agile and very good. I would rate them a nine out of 10.

It is way too easy to deploy it and set it up.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend it unless you have iOS assets on your network.

I would rate Cortex XDR an eight out of 10.

Other
AB
IT Director at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good protection, stable, it integrates well, and the support is good

• "It integrates well into the environment."
  • "I would like to see them include NDR (Network Detection Response)."

What is our primary use case?

We had firewalls set up and it integrated but didn't meet with our regulations.

We were using this solution for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

It's a perfect solution.

It integrates well into the environment.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them include NDR (Network Detection Response). Then it would work well with SIEM Response. Also, if they could make an on-premises version we would definitely go with Cortes. At this time, they are not offering an on-premises solution.

We had it in our environment for two days.

It's a stable solution.

Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks is scalable.

The technical support was good.

We evaluated Fideles and are currently using it, as it meets the regulations and is on-premises.

What other advice do I have?

We had to move away from working with Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks due to the regulations. They state that the logs have to be kept in Saudi Arabia. Also, the log is in the cloud, which is against the regulations.

We chose Fidelis. They meet the regulations and they are on-premises.

We had no issues with Cortex. We were satisfied but it didn't meet with the regional regulations.

I would rate Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,029 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PC
Pre-sales engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Best support and good interface, price, and security

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for a banking client.

What is most valuable?

Its interface and pricing are most valuable. It is better than other vendors in terms of security.

What needs improvement?

It is not very strong in terms of endpoint management. It should have additional features like DLP, encryption, or advanced device control. Currently, Cortex is good in terms of the security of the endpoints, but it is not as good as other vendors in terms of the management of the endpoint.

I have been using this solution for two years.

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for a banking client.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is very stable. I wouldn't recommend the latest version. Being a new version, it would have bugs, which is similar to the new versions of other products.

In Peru, we have approximately 20,000 users. The banking client doesn't have any plans to expand the usage. We might increase its usage by 200 to 500 with new clients.

Technical support of Palo Alto is the best.

It is very easy to deploy. The deployment is quick. The deployment of the management console takes just two hours, but the deployment of the agent takes approximately a month.

We have five to eight engineers for deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cortex XDR a nine out of 10.

KS
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A robust detection and response solution driven by behavioral analytics

What is our primary use case?

We use Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks for its ability to detect based on behavior rather than simple virus scan to prevent malicious activities. We also use it to go in and white list things that are okay. This way, they won't get blocked.

What is most valuable?

The behavior-based detection feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

It'll help if customization was easier. It would be better than how it's now if it came out of the box using their stock set up to get it up-and-running. Then you go in, and you add more restrictive things to make it better.

I have been using Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks for a little over a year.

Technical support has…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The behavior-based detection feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks for a little over a year.

Technical support has been fine.

The initial setup isn't straightforward or complex. It's somewhere in the middle. Like 90% of the features are there out of the box. When you start doing more complex things, it becomes more complicated. For example, if we wanted to limit someone's ability to plug in and access a USB stick, we have to create a profile to do that, and that's an advanced functionality.

We did most of the deployment in-house.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks a nine.

TS
Security consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sophisticated user interface, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our computer system against threats, such as exploits and malware.

What is most valuable?

The user interface of the solution is sophisticated and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, the solution could improve by proving hard disk encryption. If it could support this it would be a complete solution.

I have been using this solution for approximately two months.

The solution is stable, we have not had any issues.

We have over 5,000 employees and they are being managed through this solution. It is scalable.

How are customer service and

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The user interface of the solution is sophisticated and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately two months.

The solution is stable, we have not had any issues.

We have our own IT support teams.

We were previously using McAfee and we switched to this solution because they failed to provide us proper protection.

We have an IT support team in our organization and they are managing everything remotely, such as laptops.

Our internal team did the implementation of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks an eight out of ten.

AndyChan3
General manager at MOL-IT India Pvt. Ltd.
Highly scalable, effective intelligence, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

One of the main benefits of the solution is its intelligence to correlate the events into an incident.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing better integration with their own products and others.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

It is one of the best in the market for scalability. We have approximately 500 people using this solution in my organization and we plan to increase usage.

The initial installation is easy.

What

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

It is one of the best in the market for scalability.

The initial installation is easy.

We did the implantation of the solution with integrators.

The price of the solution is high for the license and in general.

We evaluated CrowedStrike and Darktrace.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
AA
Relationship Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use, but can have more security and integrations

What is our primary use case?

We use it for malicious connections from malicious websites. There might also be some payloads that might be inside the traffic. We also use it to identify malicious processes or bugs that are running on the network and any activities that tend to lead to data infiltration.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Technology evolves every day, so it would be nice if it gets more secure. It can also have more integration with other platforms.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

We have maybe a thousand users of this solution because it is deployed on-prem.

I don't think there were…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for about a year.

We have maybe a thousand users of this solution because it is deployed on-prem.

I don't think there were issues with the installation.

It has a yearly renewal.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Cortex XDR a seven out of 10.

CB
Senior System Administrator at Mississippi Department of Corrections
WildFire AI helps detect and prevent threats, but the dashboard should be more intuitive

• "WildFire AI is the best option for this product."
  • "The dashboard is the area that needs to improve so that we can have the ability to drill down without having to go elsewhere to verify results."

What is our primary use case?

We use Palo Alto Traps in our Windows-based environments. Currently, it only protects our desktops and we use it in conjunction with our Check Point firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is very good, it has caught a lot of exploits that most products would not. The WildFire module is a great AI in detecting and preventing attacks. The only issues that we have are, one the cost, two the dashboard is not very intuitive, even though you can drill down within the dashboard, we usually have to gather information from other sources to determine locations and if its a false positive.

What is most valuable?

WildFire AI is the best option for this product.

What needs improvement?

We have had this product for two years.

This is an expensive solution.

Download our free Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.