AndyChan3
General manager at MOL-IT India Pvt. Ltd.
Highly scalable, effective intelligence, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

One of the main benefits of the solution is its intelligence to correlate the events into an incident.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing better integration with their own products and others.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

It is one of the best in the market for scalability. We have approximately 500 people using this solution in my organization and we plan to increase usage.

The initial installation is easy.

What

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

It is one of the best in the market for scalability.

The initial installation is easy.

We did the implantation of the solution with integrators.

The price of the solution is high for the license and in general.

We evaluated CrowedStrike and Darktrace.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
AA
EMEA IT Infrastructure Manager at a consumer goods company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good management capabilities but has poor performance

• "The management capabilities, allow an IT organization to get quite a good picture of attempted cyber attacks."
  • "Impact on system performance is horrible, adding a lot of delays for users."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use of this solution is as an endpoint security client.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has not improved my organization - in fact, we are in the process of moving back to another product as a result of Cortex's horrible impact on system performance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this product are the management capabilities, which allow an IT organization to get quite a good picture of attempted cyber attacks, and its out-of-the-box investigation capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The product's impact on system performance is horrible, adding a lot of delays for users.

I have been using this solution for four months.

The onboarding process was quite cumbersome. It took some time to deploy as we had to investigate about 500 cases of clients who did not get the agent immediately.

I implemented using a vendor team.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as five out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AA
Relationship Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use, but can have more security and integrations

What is our primary use case?

We use it for malicious connections from malicious websites. There might also be some payloads that might be inside the traffic. We also use it to identify malicious processes or bugs that are running on the network and any activities that tend to lead to data infiltration.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Technology evolves every day, so it would be nice if it gets more secure. It can also have more integration with other platforms.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

We have maybe a thousand users of this solution because it is deployed on-prem.

I don't think there were…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for about a year.

We have maybe a thousand users of this solution because it is deployed on-prem.

I don't think there were issues with the installation.

It has a yearly renewal.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Cortex XDR a seven out of 10.

CT
Ingeniero de Soporte at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Stable, flexible, and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We deploy this solution in Universities and banks because it's private. Our company is a private company.

What is most valuable?

They did what they said. This solution could apply to any scenario.

What needs improvement?

The configuration could be simplified. I would like to see better protection, specifically to protect email applications.

This solution is stable.

It's easy to deploy You need the experience to configure the equipment, but the configuration is easy to deploy.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

They did what they said. This solution could apply to any scenario.

What needs improvement?

The configuration could be simplified.

This solution is stable.

It's easy to deploy

The price could be improved. Our customers have expressed that the price is high. When compared with other services, it's more expensive, but it's not too high.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

DB
Assistant PhD at Stefan Cel Mare University of Suceava
Good technical support , reasonable pricing, and has good detection capabilities

What is most valuable?

Threat identification and detection are the most valuable features of this solution.

What needs improvement?

I would like the Panorama module included. It's another solution that is provided by Palo Alto and we are interested in that. I would like to see some additional features related to email protection included.

I have been working with Cortex XDR for a year and a half.

Technical support is okay.

I don't have any issues with the pricing. We are satisfied with the price.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks a ten out of ten.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Cortex XDR for a year and a half.

Technical support is okay.

I don't have any issues with the pricing. We are satisfied with the price.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks a ten out of ten.

CM
Director of Cloud Security at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Solid solution

• "The dashboard is customizable."
  • "The dashboard could use some significant improvement, just making it more useful with more information. It has a limited amount of information right now. It is customizable, but I'd love to see a better out-of-box dashboard."

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved in Cortex XDR, definitely the host insights module. The ability to kind of take a look at what applications are running on the endpoint is a new feature, but there is a lot of room for improvement there in terms of versioning and so forth.

Additionally, the dashboard could use some significant improvement, just making it more useful with more information. It has a limited amount of information right now. It is customizable, but I'd love to see a better out-of-box dashboard.

I have been working with Cortex XDR over the last year, at least.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks an eight.

Download our free Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.