CrossBrowserTesting Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

hima
User
User at R & L Carriers
Aug 05 2018

What is most valuable?

The ability to choose from many devices is the best feature. It also supports browsers and offers version selection to cover what we need.

How has it helped my organization?

CrossBrowserTesting improved my organization because it eliminates the need for a physical device with a tester to cover our used browsers. This saves the company money and time.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the testing is slow. The loading time could be improved for faster performance.

It isn't very pricey and it always has a great support system available.

We had to use a physical device which was not available. We also had other technical problems that delayed testing time.

No, my company chose, and I feel that they have made the best choice.
QA Analyst / Software QC at Quartzy, Inc
Jun 13 2018

What is most valuable?

I use the screenshot functionality most frequently and live testing on occasion. I have also used the record and replay functionality once or twice. With screenshots, I… more »

How has it helped my organization?

This solution improves the customer experience using Quartzy. It has saved us time and money on our web app. It would taken time to look across many devices and browser… more »

What needs improvement?

A few intermediary pricing options for small QA teams would be nice, e.g., unlimited screenshots, "as you need it" parallel tests, etc.

The lowest price point is very reasonable. It is also useful if only one person in the company needs to check on the browser display.

We did not have a previous solution.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it!

We also looked at Selenium, Rainforest QA, and BrowserStack.
Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, BrowserStack, Sauce Labs and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: September 2020.
437,827 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mahebo
Founder - Creative Director at Mahebo
May 31 2018

What is most valuable?

The possibility of having a real-time web service with a large number of real devices with different operating systems and browser versions is a great advantage for us. Other features from CrossBrowserTesting, like screenshots or screen recordings, are a nice plus in the service.

How has it helped my organization?

It was the perfect solution that saved us time and money to perform web viewing tests on real devices, which allowed our team to correct multiple failures in devices.

What needs improvement?

* The speed connection in mobile devices could be improved, because sometimes the load time is uncertain. * The future possibility to do a web inspector to debug any site, on any device in any OS, would be a really nice feature for the service. This means not just with the web inspector included from each web navigator (Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc.).
Javascript Developer at IPONWEB
May 31 2018

What is most valuable?

At the moment, all our deploys depend on results of automation. If the tests are failing, then we know that something is wrong at the early stages of development. Live testing helps us to debug problems across all browsers.

How has it helped my organization?

During first test stages of implementation, CrossBrowserTesting's live testing was helpful because my company is more about the server's programming and we do not have real devices for the manual testing of the UI. Then, when I started to work on testing automation, I was very excited about how easy it is to run tests on different browsers. It was just a matter of configuration.

What needs improvement?

A problem that we are facing quite often is related to the network connection. Tests can fail if the remote CrossBrowserTesting's VM has connection problems. This happens mostly with browsers of Internet Explorer family which work on Windows OS. I would like CrossBrowserTesting's engineers to deal with this issue.
Maggie Jones
QA Automation Engineer and Web Developer at cleverbridge
May 29 2018

What is most valuable?

What sets CrossBrowserTesting apart from the rest is their ability to quickly respond to the needs of their customers. Every time I contacted support with a feature that I really needed, they were able to enhance their offerings to… more »

How has it helped my organization?

The CrossBrowserTesting Selenium API and live test features have greatly improved our team's ability to quickly and effectively perform QA. We can access a specific browser/OS/device configuration extremely quick and our clients benefit… more »

What needs improvement?

The "Getting Started" documentation for Selenium testing could be improved. I was able to figure it out fairly easily, but I imagine some people might have trouble.

We previously used Sauce Labs. They were too expensive and their support team was always opaque in their answers to our questions.

I tried Sauce Labs and BrowserStack.
Software QA Tester at INXPO
May 27 2018

What do you think of CrossBrowserTesting?

What is our primary use case?

We are using this feature to run our application in all the updated browsers popularly used.

How has it helped my organization?

It has increased the speed of our regression testing.

What is most valuable?

Cross browser testing Live test Video recording of the script running in a cloud server.

What needs improvement?

There should be more detailed training on CrossBrowserTesting.

Still implementing.
Chief Technology Officer at Trueborn Publishing
May 27 2018

What is most valuable?

* Selenium Grid allows testing multiple platforms to insure functionality for most users. * The ability to replay sessions is valuable for tracking down issues.

How has it helped my organization?

* We no longer need to have a full QA team. * Testing is more quickly and reliably reproduced. * Scheduled daily tests assist in catching any bugs which fall through the cracks and make it to the production environment.

What needs improvement?

A wider range of physical devices with more browser versions in the Selenium Grid would be great to insure users with out-of-date devices are able to interact with our sites.
Senior Front-End Developer at Beaconfire RedEngine
May 27 2018

What is most valuable?

The features that I find most useful and the ones that I use the most are local site testing, device and browser testing, and screenshots.

How has it helped my organization?

CBT has made it easier to troubleshoot issues across devices when we do not have actual access to those specific devices. I even opt for CBT sometimes when we do have access to the device just because it is easier.

What needs improvement?

I have experienced some lagging issues, and it does not seem like all of the testing environments are configured the same. For example, I have had to figure out how to get to Safari or whatever program I needed. If these issues were resolved, it would be a huge improvement.
Test Automation Consultant at Equiniti
May 27 2018

What is most valuable?

I am a big fan of the clean, uncluttered layout of the site on landing as well as the aids given to you when testing mobile products, especially the keyboard posting tools which negate tapping out my individual data entries. The extensive range of products available to simulate is also something I have come to appreciate as it has resulted in an ability to broaden the scope of our tests (something… more »

How has it helped my organization?

Initially what attracted us to the product was that it was a lot faster than what we previously used to simulate our tests. Aside from speeding up our processes, it also allowed us to tie in our automated test scenarios and integrate our reporting tools to make the entire process efficient and hassle free. This helped FT past our quality gates and confidently deliver our products past and on-time.

What needs improvement?

Elements of 'real' mobile/tablet testing could be sped up, as I still sometimes experience lag, which no one loves. The five minute timeouts can cause irritation if you have just popped away to consult some supporting documentation.

What is CrossBrowserTesting?

CrossBrowserTesting is a cloud testing platform that gives instant access to 1500+ different real desktop and mobile browsers for testers, developers, and designers.

• Native debugging tools make manual testing easy to inspect and correct HTML, CSS, and JavaScript errors on any browser.
  • Take automated screenshots across multiple browsers at once, then compare side-by-side against historical test runs.
CrossBrowserTesting customers

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Accenture, Sony, Los Angeles Times, ADP, Verizon, T-Mobile, Wistia

BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Functional Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, BrowserStack, Sauce Labs, and more!