JG
Infrastructure and support manager at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Powerful AI and machine learning features, updated in real-time, and technical support is quick to respond

• "Its machine learning and AI features are good."
  • "It would be nice to have full-scale ESR reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We use CrowdStrike as our endpoint protection solution for all of our devices.

How has it helped my organization?

The previous solution that we had for our endpoints was lacking. It was a blacklist/whitelist solution and every time you tried to run something, it would get stuck in a model of having to check the file, update the system, check the server, get approval to run a piece of software, and so forth. It was just a nightmare.

What is most valuable?

Its machine learning and AI features are good.

The real-time updates that it gets with respect to threats are very good.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to have full-scale ESR reporting.

In the future, I would like to see better reporting and better SIEM integration.

We have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for about a year.

The stability seems fine and we haven't had any problems.

This product is cloud-based, so there is plenty of room for it to grow. I think that there are about 250 endpoints including everything from customer service to warehouse functions to C-suite.

I have been in contact with technical support and they seemed competent, as well as quick to respond. I would rate them a nine out of ten. Nothing is perfect and there is always a little bit of room for improvement. Ideally, there would be fewer canned responses for the first go around.

Prior to CrowdStrike Falcon, we were using Carbon Black. It was more of a blacklist-type software and it was just cumbersome to do anything for any of my users.

The initial setup was pretty simple, once the implementor showed us a couple of the tips and tricks, and what the nomenclature is.

The price is okay, although you're not going to get away cheap when it comes to security.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is to get the training and make sure that they understand the system. If they are going to be doing their own admin work then they have to make sure that they understand it all.

Private Cloud

Other
NeilMistry
Founder and Ceo at MIS3 inc.
Simple, requires little management and is easy to set up

• "The solution is easy to deploy and manage."
  • "We're a small organization. I'm not sure how it would fare if you were larger and had more and more users and added complexity."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile and endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution is extremely simple. That's what makes it great. It just works. There's no management of it, really. The sheer simplicity is what has really improved overall.

What is most valuable?

The threat intel provided is very good. The overall vulnerability and identification, for example, are excellent. As is the malware protection.

CrowdStrike is actually probably the most well-rounded endpoint platform. They're the leader according to Gartner.

The solution is easy to deploy and manage.

The product is able to handle mobile as well as the cloud and various operating systems.

What needs improvement?

I don't think the solution is really missing any features.

I've been using the solution for about a year at this point.

The solution is quite stable. It doesn't fail or freeze. It doesn't seem to have bugs or glitches. We find it very reliable.

The scalability is good. If you need to scale it, you can.

The solution isn't too complex to set up. We found it pretty easy to implement and deploy, actually. We're a small organization, so we didn't have too much complexity, however. We're less than 20 people, so our organization's setup was pretty quick.

We handled the entire implementation process with our own team in-house. We didn't need the assistance of a consultant or integrator.

The company has to make money. I understand why they charge what they do, and I see the value in the product. Therefore, the pricing is fair.

What other advice do I have?

We're the secure digital transformation leader in Canada. We're customers and consultants that use different solutions. We're also a partner. We provide managed services and we actually sell the software.

We're 100% on the cloud and all of our solutions are on the cloud. We're using the latest version of the solution.

Overall, I would rate them ten out of ten. They have a great, holistic platform.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
554,529 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VS
Global Data Protection/Privacy Manager, FIP, CIPP/E, CIPM, CISSP at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, flexible, and free of any issues

• "The solution is quite flexible."
  • "The solution should include some sort of DLP capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we're trying to understand which solution would be able to help us to block external ports on computers. We're looking at Crowdstrike and working to understand how they can help us handle this.

What is most valuable?

While I'm not directly on the team that deals with the solution daily, I would say that the solution is very stable.

The solution is quite flexible.

We haven't had any issues with the product so far.

What needs improvement?

It's my understanding that the reporting aspect of the solution could be improved. It should be more flexible and robust.

The solution should include some sort of DLP capabilities.

I've been using the solution for a while. It's been about three years or so.

The stability of the solution is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance is great.

We have more than 25,000 users on the solution currently.

We are currently evaluating the solution to see if we will continue to use it or not going forward. Until that is done, I can't speak to if there are plans to increase usage.

I've never been in touch with technical support. A different team handles that aspect. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are. I can't provide any useful insights at this time.

The initial setup took place about three years ago. At the time it was installed I wasn't a part of the company. Therefore, I can't speak to how easy or difficult the solution is to set up and deploy. I wasn't a part of the process.

We pay a licensing fee in order to use the solution, however, I can't speak to the overall cost. It's not an aspect of the solution I directly deal with.

What other advice do I have?

My company is a customer and an end-user of the solution. It doesn't have any direct affiliation with Crowdstrike.

We're using the latest version of the solution at this time. I can't speak to what the actual version number is.

I'd rate the solution, on a scale from one to ten, at an eight. We're mostly quite satisfied with the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Natthapong Prayadsub
IT Infrastructure Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Stable, with good pricing but could offer better reporting

• "We found the initial setup to be quick and easy for the most part."
  • "The reporting could be better. It's not as good as it could be."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable.

We found the initial setup to be quick and easy for the most part.

The product can scale if you need it to.

The pricing of the product is okay. It's not too expensive.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be better. It's not as good as it could be. If they could improve that a bit, and make it more robust, that would be ideal.

We've been using the solution for one and a half years. It hasn't been a very long time just yet.

The solution is quite stable. We find it reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches. It's been good so far.

The solution can scale If a company needs to expand it, they should be able to do so with relative ease.

We have about 10,000 users in our company that benefit from the solution.

We will continue to use the product and may even increase usage in the future.

I haven't contacted technical support. Therefore, I can't make an assessment of their services.

We previously used Kaspersky. We used it up until around 2018 and then we switched.

The installation is not so complex. In fact, it's relatively straightforward. A company shouldn't have issues implementing it.

The deployment is pretty fast as well. It took us about one month to have everything up and running.

We had about five people who worked on the setup and deployment in our organization.

We handled the deployment ourselves. We didn't require any outside assistance. We didn't hire an integrator or consultant. It was all handled in-house.

We've found the pricing to be reasonable. We pay a certain amount for licensing and that's it. It's not too much.

What other advice do I have?

It's my understanding that we are using the latest version of the solution.

I would definitely recommend this product to other companies.

I'd rate the solution, on a scale from one to ten, at a nine. We've been quite happy with it so far.

TG
Lead Systems Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Light on resources, effective signatureless detection, beneficial vulnerability assessments

• "CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has a very lightweight agent that provides signatureless detection protection from known and unknown malware or ransomware which is very useful."
  • "CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is not providing application control. This is a very useful feature in any endpoint security because if you want to block any malicious activity of any particular application, you can not block it in this solution. However, you are able to block hashes, but not executable files or processes. Additionally, this solution does not provide a user risk score. These are two areas that CrowdStrike Falcon Complete can improve on in the future."

What is our primary use case?

We have been testing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete but we have not implemented it in our production at this time. However, we have found useful features in CrowdStrike.

What is most valuable?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has a very lightweight agent that provides signatureless detection protection from known and unknown malware or ransomware which is very useful.

The vulnerability assessment feature is a great benefit that provides detailed assessments of vulnerability. There are plenty of visualization of the threat; if any attack happens they explain in a visualization how the attack happens, how much the system has been affected, and what is the source. This information has allowed us to make the appropriate action.

What needs improvement?

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for a short period of time.

The solution is scalable.

Our customers are mostly large organizations. A recent customer has approximately 15,000 endpoints.

We only raised one case with the technical support and they solved the issue very quickly. Since we only had this one occasion we dealt with the support we are not aware of the consistency of their support.

I have previously used Trend Micro Apex One with Trend Micro Managed XDR.

The initial setup was straightforward. It is easy to install for an end-user system from a third-party application. For a single installation, it can be done with a few clicks of the mouse, it is not complicated, anyone can install it.

We have a team of approximately three that can manage CrowdStrike Falcon Complete from System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). We do not need to go to every system and install it, all of it can be done through the SCCM.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend CrowdStrike Falcon Complete to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

LM
Deputy Manager Of Information Technology at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
A reliable solution with good features and good support, but it is very expensive and has a lot of false positives

• "EDR and Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) are good features. The Spotlight feature is also good, and it also can detect patching-related vulnerabilities."
  • "We have also been using Cisco AMP for Endpoints for three years. We have received multiple detections in Cisco AMP for Endpoints, and we had to take some actions, whereas CrowdStrike has not detected anything critical since it has been implemented. Most of the incidents that it has detected are false positives. They should work on the false-positive issue. When it is implemented throughout the organization, it gets very difficult to check each false positive and investigate what is correct and what is not correct. It requires technical and manual intervention."

What is our primary use case?

We implemented this solution to secure everything in our environment, such as our endpoints, servers, and network.

What is most valuable?

EDR and Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) are good features. The Spotlight feature is also good, and it also can detect patching-related vulnerabilities.

What needs improvement?

We have also been using Cisco AMP for Endpoints for three years. We have received multiple detections in Cisco AMP for Endpoints, and we had to take some actions, whereas CrowdStrike has not detected anything critical since it has been implemented. Most of the incidents that it has detected are false positives. They should work on the false-positive issue. When it is implemented throughout the organization, it gets very difficult to check each false positive and investigate what is correct and what is not correct. It requires technical and manual intervention.

I have been using this solution for two months.

It is stable and reliable.

We have not scaled it, but we have implemented it across the company.

They have been very responsive. There are no concerns about their service.

We also use Cisco AMP for Endpoints. Cisco AMP for Endpoints is signature-based, and CrowdStrike is behavior-based. We have received multiple detections in Cisco AMP for Endpoints, whereas CrowdStrike has not detected anything critical since it has been implemented. There are a lot of false positives.

Both Cisco AMP for Endpoints and CrowdStrike are agent-based, but with Cisco AMP for Endpoints, we get a much slower system because it requires a lot of processing power, whereas CrowdStrike doesn't require a lot of processing power.

In terms of pricing, CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is 50% more expensive than Cisco AMP for Endpoints.

Its price is very high. CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is 50% more expensive than Cisco AMP for Endpoints.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend this solution. It is definitely one of the best products in the market, but so many false positives are its minus point. Cisco AMP for Endpoints is better than this.

I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
SB
Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Can be used to dig deeper while doing an investigation

• "Its IOCs alerting mechanism is good. I think it is AI based and categorizes behaviors which are unusual."
  • "Pricing is definitely a problem. It could be cheaper for licensing."

What is our primary use case?

It's an EDR group solution. We use it for behavioral-based analysis.

On our endpoints, we have signature-based and behavioral-based analyses, and we use CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for behavioral-based analyses.

What is most valuable?

I think it has very good features that help dig deeper while doing an investigation. Its IOCs alerting mechanism is good. I think it is AI based and categorizes behaviors which are unusual.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has good instrumentation, and the user interface is good too.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is definitely a problem. It could be cheaper for licensing.

I've been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for 5 years.

It is stable.

It is scalable as well. It's a cloud-based solution, so I don't doubt the scalability. I think it's good.

We have 6,000 end users who are using it.

The technical support is good. You raise a complaint, and they respond immediately.

The installation was smooth and didn't take much time.

We did it by ourselves. We have two or three engineers who run it and perform the rolling, installation, and upgrades.

We have a yearly license, and it could be cheaper.

We evaluated Trend Micro and Sophos before choosing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

What other advice do I have?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is great, and I would rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

If you go with this solution, I think that you should also obtain another service called Hybrid Analysis, the premium edition. I think with this, you'll get malware samples you can correlate, and it will be a good tool for the SOC team.

AK
Head IT at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable, useful artificial intelligence and remote execution tools

• "The features I have found valuable are artificial intelligence, which protects us against malicious forces of any kind, and device control through the remote execution tool."
  • "The training provided could be better. There is a need to have more training to allow us to fine-tune our settings. Not that training is not comprehensive; they do provide training in hotels where we can go and see videos and other helpful information. However, they should be providing hands-on experience to the system administrators because this would be more useful. The training is normally for corporations and should be available for personal users as well."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, there should be an IT help desk remote controller so that we do not need to go to a separate IT help desk. If there are any issues from the end-users, they should not need to use another tool to connect to the system, desktop, or anything else. If they would be able to facilitate this it would be easier for our engineers to raise a ticket and have the SLAs to support them.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The solution has been scalable in our experience.

The installation is straightforward. My engineers were trained by the partners on how to install the solution in all the areas, for example, the sensors. We did require the initial guidance but if you have prior experience with any other solutions, I do not think people should require special training or instruction. It is a simple and lightweight tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.