LM
Head Of Infrastructure at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Provides reliable detection that protects our endpoints and servers

• "The detection is very reliable. Also, OverWatch is a great feature."
  • "The Integration with tools, SOC tools, could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use CrowdStrike Falcon to secure the endpoints and servers that we have on-premise.

What is most valuable?

The detection is very reliable. Also, OverWatch is a great feature.

What needs improvement?

The reporting part is basic. It's not that intuitive and you cannot go further backward in terms of historical information.

The Integration with tools, SOC tools, could be better.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for two years, more or less.

The stability is good, it's compatible with most of our platform. The agent upgrade could be better, but it's more or less aligned with the platforms. We also use Mac OS on some endpoints. Mac is not always the reflection of the agent that is the latest.

We haven't experienced any issues relating to scalability.

Their customer support is good. I've always gotten the answers that I needed timely and with the content I needed.

The initial setup was a bit complex, but that was due to our environment. In the beginning, we used the outdated VDI infrastructure of Citrix, but we have since evolved along the way and now it's straightforward; however, in the beginning, it was a bit difficult to get the CDI working properly, deploying the agents.

Deployment time varies, but for most endpoints, it only takes a few minutes.

The price is too high. When we are reaching a new renewal, management always asks what's going on in the market.

What other advice do I have?

For the purpose of starting, yes, it's a very good solution, but you need to take two things into consideration: proper alignment with the infrastructure and the price. The price negatively affects the adoption of this solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight — because of the price and reporting.

Thomas Zeulner
Chief Information Security Officer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Good detection rates, nice dashboards, easy to manage, and the technical support is responsive

• "I like the detection rates of mobile threats."
  • "The management reporting functionality needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for CrowdStrike is as an EDR system. We are protecting more then 9.000 devices.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

I like the detection rates of mobile threats.

The policies allow us to define the level of protection.

The dashboards are good, as well as user management.

What needs improvement?

The management reporting functionality needs to be improved.

We would like to see more features for vulnerability management included.

We have been using CrowdStrike Falcon since one year.

This is a stable product.

We haven't had any problems with scalability and it expands with the company's needs.

We have 20,000 users and about 20 of them are administrators.

We have been in touch with technical support for a few issues. They are quite good and the response is fast.

We were using Cylance prior to CrowdStrike, and these two products overlapped for a time. We also use an on-premises solution called F-Secure.

CrowdStrike has a much lower rate of false positives than Cylance and the dashboard makes it easier to use.

The initial setup is very simple. It took two months to deploy for 20,000 clients.

Our in-house team handled the implementation and deployment. No maintenance is required.

The pricing is good and there are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees. It is similar to that of Cylance and our on-premises solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I absolutely recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
LM
Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Light on resources, helpful support, and reliable

• "CrowdStrike Falcon is a very light solution. It does not use too much processor or RAM."
  • "In the future release of CrowdStrike Falcon, they should add a sandbox feature."

What is our primary use case?

CrowdStrike Falcon is working on our production servers.

What is most valuable?

CrowdStrike Falcon is a very light solution. It does not use too much processor or RAM.

What needs improvement?

In the future release of CrowdStrike Falcon, they should add a sandbox feature.

I have used CrowdStrike Falcon within the past 12 months.

The solution is stable.

CrowdStrike Falcon is scalable. We have approximately 400 servers using this solution.

We have plans to increase the usage of this solution in one or two years.

We used technical support for the implementation of the solution and it was a good experience. They know the products well and they were able to give us all the answers to the questions that we had.

The setup is really easy. The full deployment took two months.

For the deployment of the solution, we used a three-person team and for the maintenance, we use the whole infrastructure team of four people.

The price of CrowdStrike Falcon could be better. It is very expensive, we pay approximately $900 per month for the licenses. There are not any additional fees.

Before choosing CrowdStrike Falcon we evaluated Sophos and Microsoft solutions.

What other advice do I have?

The product is really good, but there is a lot of additional features that you need to have for it to be a complete solution. Be sure that your budget is enough to acquire the complete solution that you need.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.