CrowdStrike Falcon Overview
What is CrowdStrike Falcon?
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection. CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent.
Many of the world’s largest organizations already put their trust in CrowdStrike, including three of the 10 largest global companies by revenue, five of the 10 largest financial institutions, three of the top 10 health care providers, and three of the top 10 energy companies.
Request a free trial here: https://go.crowdstrike.com/try-falcon-prevent
CrowdStrike Falcon is also known as CrowdStrike.
CrowdStrike Falcon Buyer's Guide
Download the CrowdStrike Falcon Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021
CrowdStrike Falcon Video
Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Senior Associate - IT at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Jun 7, 2019
A lightweight solution that readily alerts us to unusual behavior
What is our primary use case?CrowdStrike is an anti-virus solution, and we use it to protect our users from malware.
Pros and Cons
- "This solution has made the lives of the IT staff much easier, compared to the previous one."
- "I would like to see the machine learning feature enhanced."
What other advice do I have?My advice for anybody implementing this solution is to understand the requirements. Look at their vision, and understand how the technology is changing in the market in order to meet the threat of cyber attack. They need to follow the latest standards. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
May 17, 2019
It can connect to host and isolate it from the network if needed
What is our primary use case?We are currently using this solution as an ERD tool to control and remediate threat from the endpoint remotely, it serves as a next-gen antivirus solution. It can also be used in a forensic investigation, threat hunting, trend analysis, malware analysis, etc.
What other advice do I have?It comes with various modules, so you can choose the module that you need on the basis of the costing it comes with. This is definitely not cheap; it comes with a cost which may depend on the organization if they need it.
Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director of Security at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Mar 27, 2019
We are now able to find the root cause analysis on any threat
What is our primary use case?The primary use case is detection and forensics. The product is cloud-based, so we use the latest build which is available.
Pros and Cons
- "We are now able to find the root cause analysis on any threat. We can figure out where the issue came in versus just dealing with where it is at the moment."
- "As the company has grown, the technical support has felt less personal."
What other advice do I have?It does everything that it claims, making our life significantly easier. Definitely consider CrowdStrike. It will probably save you from a lot of threats that other products wouldn't catch. Our security program is relatively immature, but this product has definitely been one of the keystones of our program.
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Mar 12, 2019
When an issue is detected you can log into the GUI and get very specific details about what happened
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case is as an endpoint protection service.
Pros and Cons
- "The GUI can use improvement, it's cloud-based so sometimes the interface can be a bit slow. The interface could use a little bit more speed."
What other advice do I have?I would advise someone considering this solution to just read the documentation. You should start with the documentation, it's very clear and very simple. Anything you need is in the documentation. I would rate it a nine out of ten.
Director of Cloud Architecture at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Jan 13, 2019
We are happy with its ease of use and touch notification
What is our primary use case?We use it for threat management.
Pros and Cons
- "We have seen a reduction to the performance hit to our operating systems."
- "We are happy with CloudStrike's ease of use and touch notification."
- "We have had to open a case with the technical support to get some issues and bugs resolved."
What other advice do I have?I would anyone to look at this product based on our company's experience so far. We have both the on-premise and AWS versions of the product.
IT Manager at a consultancy with 5,001-10,000 employees
Dec 25, 2018
It has helped us with security and managing threats that we see currently in our environment
What is our primary use case?It's security-related product. A security environment based on AIML. It is not like the older stuff, which used to have signature-based updates.
Pros and Cons
- "Because it is security product and acts like an AIML smart product, not merely based on daily/weekly updates and signatures."
- "Unfortunately, native applications are not supported."
What other advice do I have?Do a thorough PoC. Don't go ever go by the sales team unless you have tested it and know it works for your environment, because every environment is unique. The sales guy will promise you the moon. Only unless you have tested, you know it delivers. The product has met its purpose for us. We use both the on-premise and AWS versions. They are both good products and very simple to move, install, and configure.
Dec 19, 2018
It alerts us to malicious malware issues 99% of the time, and will end the attack.
What is our primary use case?It logs automatically and generates alerts. It is all automatically integrated with the cloud.
How has it helped my organization?CrowdStrike will detect any malicious malware attack on the machine. It will end the attack, and immediately alert us to the issue. I would say it catches the attacks 99% of the time.
What is most valuable?I think the automatic alert feature is the most important feature.
What needs improvement?The management and log aggregation need some improvement. We have had some issues with the logs.
For how long have I used the solution?One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?It is stable.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?It is a scalable solution.
Fadhullah Iskandar Roy
Solution Architect at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 16, 2018
The AWS configuration is good, but the cost is quite pricey
What is our primary use case?The primary use case is threat protection.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is its threat analysis."
- "Scalability is good. We have had no issues with it."
- "I would like CrowdStrike to provide some correlation in the threat analysis, so we can visualize things better."
- "Whenever there is a feature release (upgrade) where we push to all the endpoints, it causes something to be blocked without us knowing."
What other advice do I have?I would recommend CrowdStrike as a first option product, but to look at others as well. The new features that they have released were not bad. AWS is better than the on-premise version because it can support cloud resources.
Information Security Consultant with 201-500 employees
Dec 13, 2018
I like the overall reports of this solution. They are crisp, and to the point.
What is our primary use case?We are currently using this solution as a replacement for our antivirus solution. It also helps us in terms of forensic investigation, malware analysis, endpoint detection and response.
Pros and Cons
- "I like the overall reports of this solution. They are crisp, and to the point."
- "It has an extremely low footprint, so it has got minimum impact on the user end points in terms of CPU and memory usage."
- "It is cloud-based, and this does make some weary of the data being held on the cloud. Privacy requirements must be taken into account."
- "The dashboard does not have the facility to export the reports in a PDF format, which I can quickly share with internal stakeholders."
What other advice do I have?It is a complete cloud-based solution, so they will have to factor in the compliance requirements as well. Not everyone is comfortable sending the data to the cloud, especially considering the privacy requirements. CrowdStrike needs to think of local and regulatory requirements. But, one thing is for sure, CrowdStrike will not take your personal data to the cloud, it only takes your metadata from the endpoint. But, if the company's having some stringency regulations, it will definitely be harder for them to keep the data in the cloud.
Senior Financial Analyst - Data Analytics at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 30, 2018
We can see what processes are running on the system, what registry keys have been enabled
What is our primary use case?Primary use is for endpoint investigations.
Pros and Cons
- "Enables us to understand what processes are running on the system, what registry keys have been enabled."
What other advice do I have?The most important criteria when selecting a vendor come down to the capability of the technology, the cost, the support, how it fits into our overall architecture strategy, and the stability of the company. For instance, if it's a small company and they go under, you might as well have not invested in it. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10 because it has all the features that we need. It's within our budget, and it fits into our overall architecture strategy. There are a few features that could be added, as mentioned. I would recommend this technology.
Product CategoriesEndpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Anti-Malware Tools Threat Intelligence Platforms
Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
- I would like to compare CrowdStrike and Carbon Black. On what basis should I decide?
- What is the biggest difference between Carbon Black CB Defense, CrowdStrike, and SentinelOne?
- CrowdStrike Falcon vs Microsoft Defender ATP: Comparison of features and performance
- What are pros and cons of CrowdStrike Falcon vs Fortinet FortiEDR?
- What are the threats associated with using ‘bogus’ cybersecurity tools?
- When evaluating Endpoint Security, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- Which ransomware is the biggest threat in 2020?
- How was the 2020 Twitter Hack carried out? How could it have been prevented?
- What is the best for ransomware infection?
- What security measures should businesses prioritize to support secure remote work?