FF
Senior Presale - BU Information Security at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Feature-rich, good performance, scalable, and has a user-friendly interface

• "It's a highly flexible solution that can adapt to each customer's needs."
  • "The initial setup could be simpler but it may not be as effective."

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our customers. We are system integrators, not end-users.

The main use case is for secure access, and monitoring the access by IT administrators.

What is most valuable?

I like the performance of CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault.

Definitely, it's a reliable solution.

It has a wide range of features. They are probably the widest range of features on the market. It is the main reason customers usually select this product.

This solution works very well, and the feedback from our customers is very good.

Integration is one of the strongest capabilities of this solution. There are hundreds of integrations that are ready to use. It is continuously growing, which is one of its strengths.

The interface is really user-friendly.

It's a highly flexible solution that can adapt to each customer's needs.

Another strength, for both performance and the security levels, is the segregation of the different rules of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simpler but it may not be as effective.

I've been using CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault for three years, and the company began using it in 2003.

This solution is used mainly on-premises, but the trend is to go with hybrid and cloud deployment for new projects.

CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault is a stable product.

CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault is easy to scale.

I have not contacted technical support. I deal in the presales department. I don't manage the technical aspects of delivery and support.

We needed to build a specific project that is tailored for each customer. It requires a bit of design with the first part of the project, which is a benefit because the solution has high performance and is built on the needs of the customer.

There is a bit of a setup initially, but it provides them with a good result for the project.

It's an affordable platform.

It is not the cheapest solution available on the market, but if you want a good project, you need to have the value of the solution you are selecting.

In my opinion, it is a good compromise between the cost and the benefits. I think the price is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I do not have visibility with other solutions that may be better or more up-to-date.

I would rate CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault a ten out of ten.

JF
Security Architect at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up and gives us the flexibility to grant access when we need it

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to delegate access to admins when they need it."
  • "I would prefer that this is a fully-managed service, rather than have to manage the software ourselves and keep it up to date."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used primarily for privileged segment access and break-glass access. We also use it for log-on session recording and access control, where we can grant access to our key systems for ad-hoc use.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to delegate access to admins when they need it. It allows us to have some kind of proof on the approval process, rather than give people standing access on a full-time basis.

What needs improvement?

I would prefer that this is a fully-managed service, rather than have to manage the software ourselves and keep it up to date. A cloud-based deployment would ultimately be better for us than an on-premises appliance.

Stability has not been a problem.

We didn't have any issues with scalability, although we only have 30 or 40 systems integrated. There were not tens of thousands.

We did not need to contact technical support.

The initial setup was not very hard, although it took a little while to get it set up. The only difficult part is making sure that it is integrated with all of the applications. If you've got Active Directory then it is easy, and pretty straightforward. If instead, you have all local accounts then it can get a lot harder, although I don't think that any other application can improve it if you've got local accounts everywhere.

The actual installation that included getting it up and running was pretty quick, taking only a couple of days. Going through all of the change management and other processes took much longer, on the order of months. The more problems there are with accounts inside the organization, the longer the deployment will take.

Our in-house team was responsible for the deployment.

The price of this solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is to get the admins familiar with the setup. They have to learn how to get the process approved, especially in an ad-hoc scenario. The scheduled changes are ok, but the ad-hoc ones can be a little bit problematic if you don't have enough approvals ready to approve access.

If an organization can afford it then the Cyberark Enterprise Password Vault works well.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,267 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SS
Manager Engineering at KDDI India Pvt Ltd
Superior security, simple to use, and the technical support is good

• "The interface is very simple to use."
  • "The installation process should be easier and more user-friendly so that you don't need to hire a third party to deploy it."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use of this solution is as a password manager.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very simple to use.

Security-wise, CyberyberArk is better than the other products.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is too expensive and should be reduced. This is our only concern. When a small industry wants to invest in these kinds of tools, they don't have the budget to spend a lot of money on security. If the price were more reasonable then many other small businesses would consider using it.

The installation process should be easier and more user-friendly so that you don't need to hire a third party to deploy it. Instead, an in-house administrator could do it.

I have been using this product for the last two years.

Over the past two years, I hardly remember us facing any large problems. We have experienced small bugs, but they release patches to fix those.

This is a scalable product. In our company, we have about 100 users, most of which are part of our DevOps team or are administrators.

We are satisfied with the technical support.

Prior to CyberArk, we were using a Microsoft product, but it didn't fulfill our entire requirement. We adopted this new solution because it met all of our needs.

The initial setup is complex. It took two or three days to complete the deployment.

We implemented this solution with the help of consultants who had experience with it.

This product is very expensive.

I have seen demonstrations of similar products by other vendors and what I found was that the security on this solution is better.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I feel that this is a good product and I recommend it. The only thing that people have to consider is pricing.

Microsoft Azure
MariuszWalo
Presales Engineer/Network Security Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good integration, excellent session monitoring and very good password protection

• "Session monitoring is excellent. It may be the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "The initial setup could be simplified. Right now, in comparison to its nearest competitors, it's quite complex."

What is most valuable?

The solution is very complete. It has the most features on the market.

Session monitoring is excellent. It may be the solution's most valuable aspect.

The solution offers very good password protection.

It offers great integration with many products.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is easy to scale.

I've never had to reach out to technical support.

The initial setup is complex. You need to install many virtual machines. You must do many configurations. It's not just one machine to another; you'll also have to handle the configuration of independent machines as well.

The price is higher than the competition, but if the customer wants the best product for their company, they won't mind the price.

We have a permanent license. Licensing is based on how man users you have, so the pricing varies according to the size of the company.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner of CyberArk.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

MH
Information Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly GUI but more expensive than most competitors

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to monitor the official activity of a privileged user for privilege violations.

What is most valuable?

CyberArk's GUI is user friendly.

I have been using CyberArk for only six months.

Password Vault is a reasonably stable solution.

I've only used it for a few months, so it's hard for me to say how scalable Password Vault is. Those who've used it longer and deployed it on more endpoints could answer that question better.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

CyberArk's GUI is user friendly.

I have been using CyberArk for only six months.

Password Vault is a reasonably stable solution.

We're served by CyberArk's regional support based in India and Singapore, but I want country-level support in Bangladesh, so I can get help quickly. Also, online support is annoying. I would like to get face-to-face support from a local CyberArk representative.

Setting up Password Vault is not easy. We needed an online consultant to help us.

Password Vault is much pricier than other solutions. A vendor team might struggle to explain why that price is justified. There are good alternatives that cost less.

What other advice do I have?

I rate CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault seven out of 10

Felicia Ussery
Identity and Access Management Analyst at Security Finance Corporation
Stable feature functionality and usage has been reliable

What needs improvement?

The solution is too complicated to use and should be simplified. It took me a long time to understand how to use it. There is a lot that the solution can improve for the future.

I used CyberArk Enterprise Password within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable and reliable.

We have approximately eight people in my organization that use this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I did not like the solution at all and I was happy when we stopped using it. I rate CyberArk Enterprise Password an eight out of ten.

What needs improvement?

I used CyberArk Enterprise Password within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable and reliable.

We have approximately eight people in my organization that use this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I did not like the solution at all and I was happy when we stopped using it.

I rate CyberArk Enterprise Password an eight out of ten.

PR
Director - Enterprise Security, Fraud and Supplier Risk Management at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Secure and functionally complete

What is our primary use case?

I used CyberArk for vaulting passwords.

What is most valuable?

I haven't really thought about anything that I want to use it for, that I couldn't use it for.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with more tools, for more APIs.

I have used this solution in the last 12 months.

The initial setup was not overly complex but it wasn't straightforward. Once it was prepared properly, it was okay.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault an eight out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

I used CyberArk for vaulting passwords.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with more tools, for more APIs.

I have used this solution in the last 12 months.

The initial setup was not overly complex but it wasn't straightforward.

Once it was prepared properly, it was okay.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault an eight out of ten.

Download our free CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.