CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Overview

CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Password Managers. It is most often compared to HashiCorp Vault: CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault vs HashiCorp Vault

What is CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault?

CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault, a component of the CyberArk Privileged Access Manager Solution, is designed to discover, secure, rotate and control access to privileged account passwords used to access systems throughout the enterprise IT environment. The solution enables organizations to understand the scope of their privileged account risks and put controls in place to mitigate those risks. Flexible policies enable organizations to enforce granular privileged access controls, automate workflows and rotate passwords at a regular cadence without requiring manual IT effort. To demonstrate compliance, organizations can easily report on which users accessed what privileged accounts, when and why.

CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Buyer's Guide

Download the CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Customers

AstraZeneca, Time, DBS, Novartis, Motorola, BT, pwc, Braun, Deloitte, Williams, Revlon, Belgacom, Barclays

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

CF
User at a pharma/biotech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Passwords are given out on a case by case basis so users don't need to worry about password sharing

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for elevated access.

• "Thus far I can say technical support is excellent. We haven't had any issues or difficulties."
  • "To get it to a ten it should give other possibilities to select if you could follow the keystrokes. It should have a flexibility with things where people can use it a lot faster."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 9.5 out of ten. To get it to a ten it should give other possibilities to select if you could follow the keystrokes. It should have a flexibility with things in which people can use it a lot faster.
Technologist - Specialty in Identity and Access Management at Sears Technology Services Incorporated
The DNA scan is very helpful and provides a security baseline for your environment

What is our primary use case?

* This product provides accountability and audit trails for privileged account access. * Automatic password rotation every 24 hours to adhere to our internal compliance guidelines.
Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SAP CRM /C4C /SAP Hybris at ATOS
MSP
PSM enables after-hours monitoring, and CPM helps keep the password policy up to date

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for managing all unmanaged and forgotten privileged accounts. DNA tool is amazing, far better than imaginable in previous years.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to keep an eye on every move made by privileged accounts throughout the enterprises, and with PSM we have monitoring after hours.

What is most valuable?

CPM, which helps keep the password policy up to date. which eventually helps to maintain the GDPR data security requirements for almost every client in Europe and elsewhere.

What needs improvement?

It is currently a robust product, but we should be able to join together small components. This will improve support and understanding.

More than five years.
User at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User
The ability to write your own connectors and plugins is invaluable as far as flexibility goes

What is our primary use case?

Vaulting of privileged credentials.  Used as a jump host solution.  We wanted to keep passwords from being exposed to end users and connect them seamlessly to their target devices.

How has it helped my organization?

Our privileged accounts are now stored in a more secure location and lateral movement within the network have been lessened.

What is most valuable?

The PSM is excellent and the ability to write your own connectors and plugins is invaluable as far as flexibility goes.

What needs improvement?

Enhanced PSM support for Java based applications. Easier to use bulk uploader tools (which are already being worked on).

Advanced CyberArk Specialist at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Secured vault storage provides the capabilities for structuring and accessing data.

What other advice do I have?

Study and test it first, before going wild in the production. It is very easy to create a disaster in production with even the smallest changes. CyberArk has great resiliency capabilities; use them wherever you can.
Network Security Consultant at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Session recording is a valuable feature. Better documentation of error codes would be helpful.

What is most valuable?

Session recording Password and access management

How has it helped my organization?

Increased security and visibility

What needs improvement?

Error messages are useless; better documentation of error codes would be helpful.

I have used it for two years.

I encountered stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Due to meaningless error messages, it is not possible to repair non-trivial errors without support. However, with support, we solved every problem.

I did not…
Identity and Access Management Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
With the PSM connect option, authorized users do not need passwords to open a session. The user experience needs to be improved.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that this tool does what it advertises. If your business/organization has crown-jewel data, this is the tool to use. From a security standpoint, I find the tool very reliable and innovative. However, it could improve the user experience and become more intuitive. When the user experience becomes more intuitive, then I am willing to rate the product even higher.
Owner at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
You can control password management. It provides flexibility and security.

What other advice do I have?

Do not take it lightly. It takes a lot of hard work to analyse and implement. Involve the entire organization from the start. As you will be working with security teams, you might encounter a certain level of distrust (you are in their domain right?). Involve them, liaise frequently and get everyone onboard.
Senior Consultant (CyberArk) at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
The Enterprise Password Vault protects privileged IDs within a secure digital vault.

What other advice do I have?

A well-trained and experienced deployment team is critical. Sizing, safe design, and access management need to be discussed beforehand. reason for not being a 10 is, there is always rooms for improvements.
Download our free CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.