Cybersixgill Investigative Portal Overview

Cybersixgill Investigative Portal is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Digital Risk Protection tools. It is most often compared to Recorded Future: Cybersixgill Investigative Portal vs Recorded Future

What is Cybersixgill Investigative Portal?

Sixgill’s fully automated threat intelligence solutions help organizations fight cyber crime, detect phishing, data leaks, fraud and vulnerabilities as well as amplify incident response in real-time.

Sixgill Investigative Portal empowers security teams with contextual and actionable alerts, along with the ability to conduct real-time, covert investigations:

• Powered by the largest data lake of deep and dark web activity
    • Real-time actionable alerts customized to your organization
    • Quick deep dive into any escalation in real-time and gain a complete picture to understand the context.
    • Research threat actors profile, MO and history. Review and analyze across languages, sites, timeframes, types of products, topics, entities and more
    Cybersixgill Investigative Portal Buyer's Guide

Download the Cybersixgill Investigative Portal Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Cybersixgill Investigative Portal Customers

Current customers include large enterprises, financial services, manufacturing, GSIs, MSSPs, government and law enforcement entities.

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cybersixgill Investigative Portal pricing:
    • "The pricing and licensing are good. It is expensive for us because the US dollar is quite strong compared to our dollar. Otherwise, it is quite reasonable for what it is. All the tools in the market are around the same price from my experience."
    • "Sometimes, Cybersixgill Investigative Portal is cheaper than its competitors."
    • "The pricing is cheap compared with Recorded Future. Sixgill's cost-effectiveness is very good."

AB
    Lead Cyber Threat-Intelligence Analyst at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
    Provides early detection of imminent attacks, and speeds up addressing of vulnerabilities internally because it makes them real

What is our primary use case?

Cybersixgill is a tool that allows you to monitor your organization's exposure to cyber criminals and threats by what I would call scraping Dark Web and underground hacker forum sites. It's not on-premises. It's a service that's offered by Cybersixgill.

• "The solution’s approach of using limited open source intelligence and focusing, instead, on the Deep Web and Dark Web is what seals the deal. That is why I like them. I have other tools that I can aggregate all the open source intelligence from. I value Cybersixgill because it provides access to things that no one else does."
    • "Regarding their scraping abilities, things could be solidified. There are definitely improvements that could be made on the specificity for setting certain queries."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is make sure you schedule a walk-through, and then get it. I have been very vocal about how much this tool has helped. I'm a big proponent of it. When I talk to people and collaborate with people in other organizations and they say, "Oh my God, how did you know that?" I'll tell them I knew because of this tool. Others don't do it as well as these people do. This tool does it better than anybody else, because they have focused on one very specific thing and they do it well. Their level of infiltration of these closed forums, and the backend engineering that they've provided, are…
    DO
    General Manager - Cyber Security at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
    We can easily conduct searches on leaked credentials

What is our primary use case?

We do a heap of open source intelligence collection, where part of that is threat risk assessments for our organization. We use it for being able to conduct searches on Cybersixgill Investigative Portal and identify at risk accounts, current trends, threat data, etc. We use it as a cloud software as a service provided by Cybersixgill. Therefore, we log into a provided software service, so we are not actually running it on our network.

• "The advanced analysis has made our security operations more efficient. It has also potentially given us quicker access to data that we might not have otherwise located."
    • "The breadth of access to data is good, but there are gaps. More data would be my suggestion because the platform is good and I have no complaints about the system. I think it is just a case of always trying to get more data sources."

What other advice do I have?

It certainly assists and supports deep, complex investigations. However, in my experience, no tool has complete coverage. If you are talking about deep investigations, then you still need a human to follow up with a lot of the data that Cybersixgill Investigative Portal provides you. It doesn't provide you the answer on its own. As an example, we had a client who had leaked data. Cybersixgill Investigative Portal notified us that that data has been leaked, but it doesn't necessarily tell us the details of what has been leaked. It gives you that prompt, then you need to follow that up with an…
    Learn what your peers think about Cybersixgill Investigative Portal. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
    511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    IF
    Head of Cyber Intelligence at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Contains a huge amount of information regarding deep web and dark web, reducing investigation times

What is our primary use case?

We are an MSP who serves different customers of cyber intelligence services. One of the venues that they want to explore is how to do deep web and dark web. For example: * Is their access for sale? * Are their analytics for sale? * Is their monetization for sale? If there is malware, then this can become a problem for them. My main use case is using Cybersixgill Investigative Portal as a search engine for anything that happens in the dark web. I also use it for an overall view of the trends regarding malware and bad stuff. It searches to identify the selling of operation or currency… more »

• "To be diligent for the customer, we usually go into Cybersixgill Investigative Portal to analyze and search things. The solution tells us the reputation of cyber threat actors. So, if someone has a reputation of one, it is a really bad idea to care about what that person is saying. However, if you find someone with a reputation of nine, then there is a high probability that we need to address the problem. You can get information about these type of actors in Cybersixgill Investigative Portal. They have a huge collection, which is like having the rules/goals of the dark web and deep web without having to go there. Our analysts avoid going dark web because they have Cybersixgill Investigative Portal and can get the news from their browser, searching wherever they want."
    • "We need real-time updated information. If we could have this, it would be amazing. For example, if someone was posting something, then ten second later, it was on the platform. Sometimes, it takes a minute or hours right now, depending on the forum."

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. It is really simple. If you are unsure that it will give you value, just ask for access for 24 hours. Then, you can explore the solution and see how easy it is to operate it. You will love it. Everybody loves this solution. The dark web by itself is overrated. Sometimes, you don't find what you want without the context of open sources. I believe Cybersixgill's strongest capability resides with the dark web and deep web. if they go a little into open sources, that is great, but they are good at what they do. I would rate this solution as 10 out of 10.
    SY
    Manager of Cyber Intelligence Center at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
    Enables us to collect information from various sources very rapidly, while significantly reducing our workload

What is our primary use case?

We have two use cases. We are providing intelligence and services regarding cyber threats against our clients. Our service covers information from open sources and also the dark web. It's in that context that we are using Sixgill. For example, we have a credit card issuing company as a client. We use Sixgill to collect information regarding illegal credit card information which is sold on the black market. Sixgill covers many dark web markets, including the dark credit card market as an information source. That means we can easily find our customer's credit card information from Sixgill. We… more »

• "They also provide some of the greatest notification capabilities. I put in a customer's company name and domain names, or sometimes I put in their IP addresses as a keyword. Once Sixgill collects information that includes those keywords, they then provide us email notifications. That means we can catch information related to our customers as soon as possible."
    • "Sixgill has strong capabilities based on search queries, but there is some difficulty in using Sixgill. Their querying is very powerful but it can be difficult. It's not hugely complex but you need some skill to use Sixgill querying."

What other advice do I have?

We first had to establish what it was we really needed to know. That was very important. Sixgill, Recorded Future, and other CTI platforms provide a lot of information. If we didn't have some specific requirements for this information, we wouldn't be able to find the information that is important to us, in the flood of information. I would rate Sixgill at eight out of ten. It's a very good solution.