Ken Shaurette
Director InfoSec and Audit at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides continued support and has flexible licensing

• "I have found the continued support and pretty much all the features to be valuable. They all stand out as being positive. It continues to detect unusual activity when it's supposed to, and so far we haven't had any issues."
  • "The reporting is a little weak and could be improved. The other downside is that Cynet does not use the local time zone. It's based off of Greenwich Mean Time."

What is most valuable?

I have found the continued support and pretty much all the features to be valuable. They all stand out as being positive. It continues to detect unusual activity when it's supposed to, and so far we haven't had any issues.

It is a very stable and scalable solution.

The price is great for all the features it offers, and the licensing is flexible.

What needs improvement?

The reporting is a little weak and could be improved. Seeing more of the threat intelligence would be a definite advantage.

The other downside is that Cynet does not use the local time zone. It's based off of Greenwich Mean Time.

In terms of stability, Cynet is very reliable.

We have approximately 109 installed end points, of which about 20 are servers, about 15 to 20 are laptops and mobile devices, and the remainder are primarily Windows-based workstations.

I have worked with other customers or with other people in other institutions that use it, and they've deployed up to 300 within very short periods of time. I've talked to others in much larger, 60,000 end point institutions, and they have had no issues with scalability.

We have worked with technical support on various topics, and they're always very responsive and get the job done within a very short period of time.

The initial setup was very simple. We put it up on over a hundred devices in less than five minutes.

Pricing wise, Cynet seems to be very competitive. The cost is probably lower than that offered by many of its competitors for all the functions and features it offers.

The licensing is very flexible. You can do it yearly, quarterly, or monthly.

What other advice do I have?

Don't be afraid of it. It's a very solid solution. Be sure to take a look at it, compare it to all of the others, and then be careful to compare apples to apples when there are functions and features that it has that others do not.

I'm very happy with this solution and would have to rate it at ten on a scale from one to ten.

ShreekumarNair
Chief Executive Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to set up and use, good customer support, and can be managed from mobile devices

• "This solution requires less management and is very easy to use."
  • "A support center in Asia is needed."

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and we provide this solution to our customers, as well as use it ourselves.

Cynet is a breach protection platform.

What is most valuable?

This solution requires less management and is very easy to use.

Cynet can be controlled from a mobile device such as an iPad or an iPhone.

What needs improvement?

They need to create an Android app to support more mobile devices.

A support center in Asia is needed.

I have been working with Cynet for the past eight months.

This solution is very much stable. The product is very mature and we have not seen any bugs.

Scalability is very good. Our clients who use Cynet are medium-sized and enterprise-level businesses.

The customer support is good, although they should have a center for support available in Asia.

I have worked with many other solutions including McAfee, Symantec, CrowdStrike, Cylance, and solutions from Microsoft.

Our clients choose Cynet because it is both simple to use and comprehensive. It's a complete solution and you don't have to buy anything else.

The initial setup is extremely easy. It is better than any product on the market.

It will take a few hours to deploy to a huge team of 10,000 to 15,000 people.

We deployed this solution in-house and one person is enough for the task.

We have not more than ten people who maintain this solution. Some of them control it using mobile apps.

It gives you a high level of protection at a very good price.

What other advice do I have?

This is a brilliant solution. I recommend it and my advice is simply to go ahead and implement it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Cynet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BK
Associate Director at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Good protection and good support in case of a threat, but the dashboard needs to be improved to show the number of client endpoints

• "It provides good protection from ransomware and malware attacks. It is very good as compared to other products. If any threat is there, their support is very good. They immediately respond to the users and do a follow-up. They call us and also provide email support."
  • "Its dashboard is not so good. On the dashboard, they don't show the count for client endpoints, which is a failure of this product. This count should be shown on the dashboard. I have 1,000 clients, but I can't see it anywhere on the dashboard."

What is our primary use case?

It is like an EDR tool. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It provides good protection from ransomware and malware attacks. It is very good as compared to other products.

If any threat is there, their support is very good. They immediately respond to the users and do a follow-up. They call us and also provide email support.

What needs improvement?

Its dashboard is not so good. On the dashboard, they don't show the count for client endpoints, which is a failure of this product. This count should be shown on the dashboard. I have 1,000 clients, but I can't see it anywhere on the dashboard.

I have been using this solution for more than a year.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have more than 1,000 users.

If any threat is there, their support is very good.

Their regular support is just okay. Their support people are not very technical.

It is pretty easy to install. It took less than 30 seconds.

We do it ourselves. Any person with package and admin rights can do it.

Its licensing is on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Cynet a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Rajesh Gawde
Head Delivery & Co-founder at Vincacyber
A feature-rich, all in one security solution with good technical support

• "We are using almost all of the features and we find it quite good overall."
  • "I would like to see support for mobile protection and some additional reports included."

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators for Cynet and we also use this solution ourselves.

What is most valuable?

We are using almost all of the features and we find it quite good overall.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Cynet for about seven months.

This product is quite stable.

This is a scalable solution.

The technical support has been excellent. We provide support to our customers and we get support directly from the vendor.

The initial setup is quite easy compared to other products.

Everything is included in this one solution and the pricing is pretty competitive.

What other advice do I have?

Nobody else offers you emergency management or video analysis, and there is a roadmap of features that are coming soon.

This is one of the best technologies that we have had available in many years and it is a solution that I recommend. It is an antivirus solution but it is much more than that.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Cynet Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.