Cynet Overview

Cynet is the #2 ranked solution in our list of XDR Security products. It is most often compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: Cynet vs CrowdStrike Falcon

What is Cynet?

Cynet has pioneered the security industry’s first all-in-one security platform purposely built for organizations that need the ability to effortlessly identify, block and respond to all types of attacks inside the perimeter - defending endpoints, network, files and users - without the heavy burden of deep cyber expertise and the overhead of integrating and managing multiple products. Our approach converges and brings synergy with technology: endpoint protection, EDR, vulnerability management, deception, threat intelligence and network and end-user analytics, and expertise: a 24/7 cyber SWAT team for incident response, malware analysis, threat hunting and forensics. Cynet deploys in hours and simplifies management with automated monitoring to complement any sized staff.

Cynet Buyer's Guide

Download the Cynet Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Cynet Customers

Meuhedet, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center

Cynet Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cynet pricing:
  • "Our billing is on a quarterly basis, but they have monthly or annual billing availability."
  • "The price should not be less than $100 which is quite reasonable for this solution because you are getting multiple components."
  • "Pricing wise, Cynet seems to be very competitive. The cost is probably lower than that offered by many of its competitors for all the functions and features it offers."
  • "It gives you a high level of protection at a very good price."

JS
Senior Cyberecurity Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Very user friendly but must expand threat detection for new threats

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases with Cynet are to secure our workstations, to react to some kinds of threats from malware and hostile environments, and to maintain proper activity of our users' functionality.

• "The feature that I have found most valuable is that the configuration and the usage of the product are not so complicated. For people responsible for using this infrastructure for the first line of workstation monitoring, it's quite easy to use."
  • "In terms of what could be improved, I would say the usability of this product for new threats. Meaning, not everything which is new is properly seen by the product and not all the required actions are taken."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Cynet a six. To raise the score, it requires better accuracy in covering all required or all available current threats. Maybe there is more information related to this which generates that information. My general advice, which is not connected directly to Cynet, is that the products which somebody would want to use depends on their requirements. There are different requirements for installing such types of products and everyone should conduct many tests before their final decision. They should compare the different products and based on this should make…
DM
Chief Information Security Officer at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
Great features; ability to deploy in autonomous mode automatically blocks malware threats

What is our primary use case?

We're still getting to know them, doing the proof of concepts of their product, which we're very happy with. It's an EPP/EDR platform and that's our primary use case. I'm the Chief Information Security Officer and we are customers of Cynet.

• "It can be deployed in autonomous mode, and then it automatically blocks malware threats."
  • "Could have better integration with other security applications."

What other advice do I have?

From what I know of this product at the moment, I would definitely recommend Cynet. The IT world changes very quickly, so there will be other things that I would possibly look at. When we've been running this for a year, I'll look again to see how happy we are and what the competitors are doing. With the experience I have now, I'm pretty happy to recommend it. I would rate this solution a 9 out of 10.
Learn what your peers think about Cynet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ken Shaurette
Director InfoSec and Audit at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Endpoint security with monitored support that is stable and easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

This solution covers the endpoint. It protects your files, users, devices, and network significantly better than the other solutions in the market.

• "The most valuable feature is the monitored support behind it."
  • "Most of their times are in Greenwich Mean Time. I would like to see more local time zones."

What other advice do I have?

I have been doing information security for 35 years and this is a product that I recommend. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
OK
CTO / CISO at a cloud provider with 11-50 employees
Easy to use with great pricing and good stability

What is our primary use case?

The main use case is just dealing with flat bounced zero-day threats. Clients typically migrate to older solutions. They can catch threats better. The solution is easy to manage and protects them. That's really what most of them want. A lot of the clients I deal with them are in the SMB space. Typically, they don't have anything too robust to begin with. They're just looking for something to get them to the next step, and this solution is perfect for that.

• "The product is very easy to use. Customers really appreciate that."
  • "The solution just needs to keep maturing and they need to keep up with the threat landscape to ensure they're protecting clients well as time passes."

What other advice do I have?

We're on the cloud, so we typically are using the latest version of the solution. We have a partnership with Cynet. The solution isn't as well known as Carbon Black or McAfee or Symantec, however, they really have a sold product. It will save companies a lot of money in licensing costs if they give them a try. I'd rate them ten out of ten. They're fantastic, and the pricing is great.
Harsh Patel
Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst at Vincacyber
Beautiful dashboard, easy to use, but compliance reports need improvements

• "The dashboard is beautiful, overall easy of use, and the UBA and NBA features are valued."
  • "Compliance reports need to improve."

What other advice do I have?

In the near future, they are doing a lot of upgrades and you will find an altogether separate product. I rate Cynet a seven out of ten.
Ken Shaurette
Provides continued support and has flexible licensing

• "I have found the continued support and pretty much all the features to be valuable. They all stand out as being positive. It continues to detect unusual activity when it's supposed to, and so far we haven't had any issues."
  • "The reporting is a little weak and could be improved. The other downside is that Cynet does not use the local time zone. It's based off of Greenwich Mean Time."

What other advice do I have?

Don't be afraid of it. It's a very solid solution. Be sure to take a look at it, compare it to all of the others, and then be careful to compare apples to apples when there are functions and features that it has that others do not. I'm very happy with this solution and would have to rate it at ten on a scale from one to ten.
ShreekumarNair
Chief Executive Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to set up and use, good customer support, and can be managed from mobile devices

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and we provide this solution to our customers, as well as use it ourselves. Cynet is a breach protection platform.

• "This solution requires less management and is very easy to use."
  • "A support center in Asia is needed."

What other advice do I have?

This is a brilliant solution. I recommend it and my advice is simply to go ahead and implement it. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
VB
CEO with 201-500 employees
Unique graphical user interface that is different from the others on the market

• "The feature I find most valuable, is the reality graphical user interface."
  • "I think the technical support could be better."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others about this solution will depend on the type of customer. Small customers don't care about whatever system they use, so my advice would be to undertake it under the control of the Cynet site because it's not necessary to adapt their own security teams who take care about security. When it comes to the efficiency of the system, we can have only one system and be more efficient not having to care about training others for security. So it seems to me that Cynet is really good enough for many customers. In the next version, I would like to see more support for mobile equipment…
See 2 more Cynet Reviews