D-Link Ethernet Switches Overview

D-Link Ethernet Switches is the #13 ranked solution in our list of top Ethernet Switches. It is most often compared to NETGEAR Switches: D-Link Ethernet Switches vs NETGEAR Switches

What is D-Link Ethernet Switches?
Typically managed using a browser-based Graphical User Interface (GUI), D-Link Ethernet Switches are attractively priced and support an essential set of Layer 2/2+ switching functions including VLAN, Link Aggregation, QoS, Bandwidth Limiting, Access Control Lists, and more.

Download the Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

D-Link Ethernet Switches Customers
George Mason University, Somerville House, Hiperwall, New Brunswick School District 16, The Fulcrum Group, Bremond Independent School District, University of Texas Health Science Center, Grand Canyon Skywalk, SUN Area Career & Technology Center, Abington Senior High School
D-Link Ethernet Switches Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about D-Link Ethernet Switches pricing:
  • "They were cheap. We were not paying for any license."
  • "These units vary in price from $200 to one thousand dollars. They're available for a one-time purchase."
  • "The D-Link Switches are cheaper than Cisco."
  • "There is not a license required for this solution and it is priced well."
  • "The solution is budget-friendly"

NS
System Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to set up, stable, and offers reasonable pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for a switch, and it's often chosen due to its general affordability.

• "The product is simple to manage."
  • "The solution needs better local support."

What other advice do I have?

Our company does not have a business relationship with D-Link. I have a model in D-link and DGST6C0S, and this is a 48-volt switch. The version of the switches depends on the customer. We don't always work with the latest version. It depends on the customer's requirements. This is the best solution as compared to other options - and that includes Juniper, Cisco, and NETGEAR. Out of those, D-link is the better one. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
PT
Head, IT Division at USTTB (University)
Simple, cheap, and easy to configure, but should be more stable

• "These switches are simple and easy to configure."
  • "They could be more stable. They were not as resistant as Cisco. After some time, some of them failed. This could be because we import quite a lot of products from different horizons, so there is no guarantee of quality. In Africa, these products don't always directly come from the manufacturer. We get these products from the Middle East or Asia. Therefore, you cannot be sure that the quality is exactly similar to what you have in Europe or America."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend these switches. We choose solutions based on what we have in the market. We don't focus on any specific brand. It depends on factors like the funds available, the trend in the market, and the availability of the product. We don't always have Cisco available in this market, and when that's the case, we may go for some other brand. This is mainly due to the situation of our own computer equipment market. It has been quite some time since I last saw D-Link in the market because we have not been buying switches. I would rate D-Link Ethernet Switches a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Netgear, Cisco and others in Ethernet Switches. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PL
CEO & Co-Founder at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Provide great security and ease of configuration

What is our primary use case?

We use an older model, but they've been good as they've lasted all of these years. We use them for general use. There is nothing specific about them. They're suitable for small to medium-sized businesses. From my experience, big corporations don't use them. The ones we currently use are unmanaged. We plan to migrate to managed switches in the near future. Security is the biggest thing I'm looking at.

• "I can't find anything wrong with our D-Link Ethernet Switches."

What other advice do I have?

D-Link Ethernet Switches are worth it. The easier the configuration is the better it'll be. Just make sure they meet security best practices and standards. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give D-Link Ethernet Switches a rating of nine — they're top picks.
    CL
    IT Manager at Concretemastersinc
    A cost-effective switch that is easy to set up and has room for growth

What is our primary use case?

I am a network administrator and D-Link Ethernet Switches make up part of the network that I manage. These switches connect the workstations to the servers and then through the firewall to the internet.

• "These switches are very easy to install because there is no configuration."
    • "I would like an option to create different networks within the switch."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I would recommend without any reservation. That said, there are some improvements that can be made. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
    GC
    Science Technician at a government with 201-500 employees
    Easy to use, straightforward installation, but could be more secure

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to expand our network from different departments and we use fiber to make this connection.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

In a future release, the solution could improve by being more secure and allowing the configuration of each port.

I have been using D-Link Ethernet Switches for approximately 10 years.

The solution is stable and I have not had an issue since using it.

D-Link Ethernet Switches is scalable. We have approximately 400 users using this solution in my organization.

The…
    JC
    CIO at a aerospace/defense firm with 11-50 employees
    Its integration is the most valuable

What is our primary use case?

We use it to connect to some servers in our network. We also use a firewall from Sophos.

What is most valuable?

Its integration is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It should be more stable, and it should have good integration with the cloud. It should support configuration, supervision, and control through the cloud.

I have been using this solution for the last one year.

It is not stable.

We have around 100 users of this solution.

We try to resolve issues by ourselves.

We…
    Rogerick Aban
    IT Technician at a consumer goods company with 11-50 employees
    Cost effective and scalable

What needs improvement?

We Plan to switch from D-Link Ethernet Switch to Cisco products. While we have so far been satisfied with the former and consider it to be more cost-effective, we do have issues with its stability.

We have been using D-Link Ethernet Switch for upwards of 10 years.

The solution is scalable.

We have not opened any support tickets involving the solution, as we have not made use of technical support.

We have been using the solution for upwards of 10 years and so far so good. However, the majority of our switches are 100 Mbps, so we're looking to upgrade to one gigabit.

What other

Product Categories
    Ethernet Switches
    Download our free Ethernet Switches Report and find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Netgear, Cisco, and more!