D-Link Wireless OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

D-Link Wireless is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Wireless LAN tools. It is most often compared to Huawei Wireless: D-Link Wireless vs Huawei Wireless

What is D-Link Wireless?
D-Link Wireless offers a wide range of robust wireless Access Points (APs) operating in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, supporting the latest wireless standards including 802.11ac and 802.11n. These access points can be managed independently as standalone devices, or collectively by using Central Wi-Fi Manager, a free centralized controller software that can be installed on a Windows server or PC.

D-Link Wireless is also known as D-Link WLAN.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

D-Link Wireless Customers
Metropolitan Public Defender, Mission Motorcycles
D-Link Wireless Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about D-Link Wireless pricing:
  • "D-Link pricing is very competitive when you consider other OEMs."
  • "D-Link Wireless is cheaper than Ruckus or Cisco."

AH
IT Admin
Very good AP however Password restriction feature and their support system needs improvement some time it's connect with password and without password too.

What is our primary use case?

We use the access points to provide internet connectivity to laptops, mobile phones, tablets, etc. We are using leased-line connections through which internet connection is provided to different buildings, and through LAN connection or AP we extend the internet connection.

• "Password restriction: Sometimes we set a password and it uses that password but, after some days/months, the password gets changed and a few laptops still use old the password while a few use the new password. The password restriction option needs to improve."
    • "Its interface and support system need much improvement. Sometimes, when we use the interface to reset the password and configure SSIDs, or some other changes, the "Save" option does not show and we have to go to some internal setting and then we can "save" the setting. The “Save” option should be in front of or below of the settings."
    • "Sometimes we configure the SSID with a password but the same AP shows two WiFi connections with the same SSID name (one is protected by a password and another one give access without a password)."

What other advice do I have?

D linkbsupport system must needs to improve to help thir users in order to resolve the issue quickly.
    Jamiu Olatunji
    Solutions Architect at Mainone Cable Company
    Stable and easy to install but does not have social media enabled for hotspot capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for our customers, which include schools and special institutions. In one instance, we handled a university that had multiple touchpoints and a central location broadcasting out. They now have small D-Link wireless access points in both 2.4GB and 5GB. The 5GB is like a backup. The university connects to the 5GB and uses the 2.4GB to advertise to the client. That's just one use case scenario.

• "The solution is extremely easy to install. You just add them and in a few clicks, they are ready to go."
    • "The solution doesn't have hotspots. Users can't set it up so that visitors can log in via Facebook or social media as they can at, for example, airports. D-Link should include hotspots that offer integration with social media. That way, visitors don't need to be asking people for passwords. They can just use Facebook."

What other advice do I have?

I don't personally use the solution, but I use it for my clients. The solution is stable once you install it, however, I would advise companies to use a wireless controller like Cisco or Aruba once it is deployed. In terms of the deployment process, it's great. I'd rate it seven out of ten.
    Find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Huawei, Ubiquiti Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: September 2021.
    534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    VC
    Presales Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    A complete wireless solution that is competitively priced, but the technology needs to catch up with bigger vendors

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and I am a wireless engineer. D-Link Wireless is one of the products that we implement for our clients. The primary use case is access points in small business networks.

• "D-Link is a good product that is quite affordable and I recommend it."
    • "D-Link has some catching up to do in terms of advancing and improving its technology."

What other advice do I have?

D-Link is a good product that is quite affordable and I recommend it. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
    Sandeep Bhat
    Head of Service Delivery at Agmatel
    User-friendly, easy to set up and configure

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we use to provide services. It is used as part of the infrastructure in a wireless environment.

What is most valuable?

This product is user-friendly and we can manage it as per the requirements of the user. It is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

It would definitely help if we had more advanced features for distributing bandwidth.

We have been working with D-Link wireless switches and routers for more than seven years.

We have encountered a few issues in terms of services. However, in the case of performance, we have not seen any instability.

What do I think about the

IQ
    Branch Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Reseller
    Is scalable, user friendly, and easy to manage

What is most valuable?

It's scalable, user friendly, and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

The cloud managed solution needs improvement, and they should focus on the SD-WAN segment with regard to integration.

We have worked with it and deployed it in some projects the last couple of months.

It's scalable. We currently have more than 100 users in Pakistan.

Technical support is quite good. We also have a local team and engineers trained by D-Link. They provide customization support as well.

It's easy to install. My team took around one or two hours to deploy it. We have a team of five to six people…