D-Link Wireless OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

D-Link Wireless is #11 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. IT Central Station users give D-Link Wireless an average rating of 8 out of 10. D-Link Wireless is most commonly compared to Huawei Wireless:D-Link Wireless vs Huawei Wireless. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 44% of all views.
What is D-Link Wireless?
D-Link Wireless offers a wide range of robust wireless Access Points (APs) operating in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, supporting the latest wireless standards including 802.11ac and 802.11n. These access points can be managed independently as standalone devices, or collectively by using Central Wi-Fi Manager, a free centralized controller software that can be installed on a Windows server or PC.

D-Link Wireless is also known as D-Link WLAN.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

D-Link Wireless Customers
Metropolitan Public Defender, Mission Motorcycles
D-Link Wireless Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about D-Link Wireless pricing:
  • "D-Link pricing is very competitive when you consider other OEMs."
  • "D-Link Wireless is cheaper than Ruckus or Cisco."

D-Link Wireless Reviews

AH
IT Admin
Very good AP however Password restriction feature and their support system needs improvement some time it's connect with password and without password too.

• "Password restriction: Sometimes we set a password and it uses that password but, after some days/months, the password gets changed and a few laptops still use old the password while a few use the new password. The password restriction option needs to improve."
    • "Its interface and support system need much improvement. Sometimes, when we use the interface to reset the password and configure SSIDs, or some other changes, the "Save" option does not show and we have to go to some internal setting and then we can "save" the setting. The “Save” option should be in front of or below of the settings."
    • "Sometimes we configure the SSID with a password but the same AP shows two WiFi connections with the same SSID name (one is protected by a password and another one give access without a password)."

What is our primary use case?

We use the access points to provide internet connectivity to laptops, mobile phones, tablets, etc.

We are using leased-line connections through which internet connection is provided to different buildings, and through LAN connection or AP we extend the internet connection.

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier, we used small WiFi which reset automatically and started distributing its own IP address. This stopped internet access connection and computers/laptops connecting from a different network. However, after using D-Link access points, this issue was eliminated.

What is most valuable?

It automatically accesses the network and starts to provide internet connection; it does not need to configure or create an issue like small WiFis. It's recommended to use for large or medium sized organizations.

What needs improvement?

1. Password restriction: Sometimes we set a password and it uses that password but, after some days/months, the password gets changed and a few laptops still use old the password while a few use the new password. The password restriction option needs to improve.
    2. Its interface and support system need much improvement. Sometimes, when we use the interface to reset the password and configure SSIDs, or some other changes, the "Save" option does not show and we have to go to some internal setting and then we can "save" the setting. The “Save” option must be in front of or below of the settings.
    3. Support system: Sometimes we urgently need help from the support center and ask for help many times. Either the call does not connect or it connects after a very long time. Also, at times we do not get proper support from the support Engineer.
    4. Sometimes we configure the SSID with a password but the same AP shows two WiFi connections with the same SSID name (one is protected by a password and another one give access without a password).

7 Years approx.

Product is stable and work fine and does not reset and redistebute the ip adress like small wifi and easely cannect esaly with plug and ply finunctions.

The product is good but needs The improvement in order to password issues etc

Twice I contacted customer support experience was good but needs more improvement in order to customer support services.

Earlier we were using home-based WI-FI these wifi many time having password reset issues.

Just connect eh access point from Cat-6 or cat-5 cable it automatic take the IP Adress form server and start working just we have to set SSID password if you want to keep your AP password protected.

In-house, we have done that and didn't call the vendor.

For the School or small organization who could invest till 10K for a Delink AP this is one of the good solutions.

We evolute form our Existing Wi-FI and that AP we found better from existing one

What other advice do I have?

D linkbsupport system must needs to improve to help thir users in order to resolve the issue quickly.

Jamiu Olatunji
    Solutions Architect at Mainone Cable Company
    Stable and easy to install but does not have social media enabled for hotspot capabilities

• "The solution is extremely easy to install. You just add them and in a few clicks, they are ready to go."
    • "The solution doesn't have hotspots. Users can't set it up so that visitors can log in via Facebook or social media as they can at, for example, airports. D-Link should include hotspots that offer integration with social media. That way, visitors don't need to be asking people for passwords. They can just use Facebook."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for our customers, which include schools and special institutions.

In one instance, we handled a university that had multiple touchpoints and a central location broadcasting out. They now have small D-Link wireless access points in both 2.4GB and 5GB. The 5GB is like a backup. The university connects to the 5GB and uses the 2.4GB to advertise to the client. That's just one use case scenario.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We've had issues with the 150MG and 300MB dongles. Users will see there is Wi-Fi and connect. We have to use the D-Link card to supplement the wireless card. The 300MB works okay but the 150MB is not working well for us.

The solution should offer wireless controllers.

The solution needs to add centralized management that could be available on the cloud so that managers can manage it from anywhere in the world.

The solution doesn't have hotspots. Users can't set it up so that visitors can log in via Facebook or social media as they can at, for example, airports. D-Link should include hotspots that offer integration with social media. That way, visitors don't need to be asking people for passwords. They can just use Facebook.

I've been using the solution for seven to eight years at this point.

The solution is quite stable. Our clients haven't mentioned any bugs or glitches.

The solution is scalable.

We've never contacted technical support, so I can't speak to how they are.

The initial setup is super straightforward. It's truly just a few clicks and it's ready to go. Deployment, however, could involve switches or firewalls as well, so it usually takes two weeks because there are so many other moving parts. It's not related to D-Link per se, because the wireless is another segment of the network. However, if you are talking about general infrastructure, of which D-Link is a part, it's about two weeks.

There are sometimes three or four people involved in the implementation process.

The maintenance is always done by the clients. We deploy and then we are hands-off. We don't normally have a problem with support on D-Link. Customers don't normally complain about services or have issues.

We normally deploy the solution ourselves.

I'm not sure what sort of licenses our clients set up with the vendor. I'm not aware of any additional costs beyond the license itself.

What other advice do I have?

I don't personally use the solution, but I use it for my clients.

The solution is stable once you install it, however, I would advise companies to use a wireless controller like Cisco or Aruba once it is deployed. In terms of the deployment process, it's great.

I'd rate it seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Huawei, Ubiquiti Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: November 2021.
    552,407 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    VC
    Presales Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    A complete wireless solution that is competitively priced, but the technology needs to catch up with bigger vendors

• "D-Link is a good product that is quite affordable and I recommend it."
    • "D-Link has some catching up to do in terms of advancing and improving its technology."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and I am a wireless engineer. D-Link Wireless is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

The primary use case is access points in small business networks.

What is most valuable?

D-Link comes with a complete solution including wireless, switching, and static wiring. This is a big advantage because if you implement with other OEMs then you have to do these things separately.

The price of D-Link Wireless is very good, which is one major factor.

What needs improvement?

D-Link has some catching up to do in terms of advancing and improving its technology. For example, the bigger OEMs like Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba all have more advanced systems coming up.

I have been working with D-Link Wireless for perhaps one year.

This is a stable product.

Scalability is there and you can expand as needed.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I also have experience with Ubiquiti Wireless. The suitability of a product depends on our client's requirements. There are a lot of things to consider and we also want to meet the budget.

We recommend whatever product or vendor is best for them. This includes a comparison that is based on the design that we come up with for them.

We have an in-house team that deploys and maintains these products on behalf of our clients. We do support, as well.

D-Link pricing is very competitive when you consider other OEMs. I would say that it's on the lower to medium side. Everything is included in the price.

What other advice do I have?

D-Link is a good product that is quite affordable and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Sandeep Bhat
    Head of Service Delivery at Agmatel
    User-friendly, easy to set up and configure

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we use to provide services. It is used as part of the infrastructure in a wireless environment.

What is most valuable?

This product is user-friendly and we can manage it as per the requirements of the user. It is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

It would definitely help if we had more advanced features for distributing bandwidth.

We have been working with D-Link wireless switches and routers for more than seven years.

We have encountered a few issues in terms of services. However, in the case of performance, we have not seen any instability.

What do I think about the

What is our primary use case?

It is used as part of the infrastructure in a wireless environment.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

This solution is most often used on small campuses.

We have dealt with their online support and our experience has been good.

We use networking devices from both Cisco and D-Link. We prefer to use Cisco products for large campuses or widely-spread organizations.

It is a simple, plug-and-play setup. It is a little more work if we have to put in restrictions and other settings, but overall, it is not complex.

What other advice do I have?

For small businesses, this is definitely a product that I recommend.

IQ
    Branch Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Reseller
    Is scalable, user friendly, and easy to manage

What is most valuable?

It's scalable, user friendly, and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

The cloud managed solution needs improvement, and they should focus on the SD-WAN segment with regard to integration.

We have worked with it and deployed it in some projects the last couple of months.

It's scalable. We currently have more than 100 users in Pakistan.

Technical support is quite good. We also have a local team and engineers trained by D-Link. They provide customization support as well.

What is most valuable?

It's scalable, user friendly, and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

It's scalable. We currently have more than 100 users in Pakistan.

It's easy to install. My team took around one or two hours to deploy it. We have a team of five to six people trained by D-Link in our company.

D-Link Wireless is cheaper than Ruckus or Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution and would rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.