Dataiku Data Science Studio Overview

Dataiku Data Science Studio is the #12 ranked solution in our list of top Data Science Platforms. It is most often compared to Alteryx: Dataiku Data Science Studio vs Alteryx

What is Dataiku Data Science Studio?

Dataiku DSS is the collaborative data science software platform for teams of data scientists, data analysts, and engineers to explore, prototype, build, and deliver their own data products more efficiently.

Dataiku Data Science Studio is also known as Dataiku DSS.

Dataiku Data Science Studio Buyer's Guide

Download the Dataiku Data Science Studio Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Dataiku Data Science Studio Customers

BGL BNP Paribas, Dentsu Aegis, Link Mobility Group, AramisAuto

Dataiku Data Science Studio Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Dataiku Data Science Studio pricing:
  • "The annual licensing fees are approximately €20 ($22 USD) per key for the basic version and €40 ($44 USD) per key for the version with everything."

ManuelaGhomsi
Business Intelligence Developer/ Data Scientist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
User interface is colorful, beautiful, and well-designed but sometimes the solution can be slow

What is our primary use case?

I just use the product for data migration. Once a month, I push data from one Redshift data warehouse to another Redshift data warehouse. I do that by using a simple SQL query.

• "I like the interface, which is probably my favorite part of the solution. It is really user-friendly for an IT person."
  • "I find that it is a little slow during use. It takes more time than I would expect for operations to complete."

What other advice do I have?

Dataiku is a very broad solution that offers many possibilities. If you want to use it you must be fully committed to it. The biggest lesson I learned from using the product is that you can do many things with it. But you must commit the time to discover the tool. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Dataiku as a seven. It is a little bit of a conservative rating because it is a nice solution and I just use it for a particular task.
DeveshSingh
Data Scientist II at Alumnus Software Ltd.
Flexible and intuitive with good stability

• "The solution is quite stable."
  • "The interface for the web app can be a bit difficult. It needs to have better capabilities, at least for developers who like to code. This is due to the fact that everything is enabled in a single window with different tabs. For them to actually develop and do the concurrent testing that needs to be done, it takes a bit of time. That is one improvement that I would like to see - from a web app developer perspective."

What other advice do I have?

While I started using version 5.1 of the solution, I've currently updated it to 7.0.1. I would recommend the solution. It's affordable and user-friendly. Overall, I'd rate it nine out of ten. I'd rate it higher, however, I don't have enough experience with other similar solutions, therefore, it's hard to compare.
Learn what your peers think about Dataiku Data Science Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Giuseppe-Naldi
Principal Full Stack Data Scientist at ICTeam
Good data preparation tools and integrates well with BigQuery

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses for this solution are data preparation and data modeling. We have a testing environment, a production environment, and two API nodes.

• "The most valuable feature is the set of visual data preparation tools."
  • "In the next release of this solution, I would like to see deep learning better integrated into the tool and not simply an extension or plugin."

What other advice do I have?

At the moment, we haven't had any need to use containers or Spark because everything is included in BigQuery. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to start with having somebody who can mentor you. Whether this is the case or not, the tutorial and documentation are quite good, so I would suggest going through the whole tutorial and academy material. This solution does have a learning curve, although it is not steep. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
CF
Practice Manager Data Intelligence at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An all-in-one data prediction tool that is simple to install and use

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution to make predictions from time-series data. I am a consultant and operate this solution for my clients.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is that it is one tool that can do everything, and you have the ability to very easily push your design to prediction."
  • "The ability to have charts right from the explorer would be an improvement."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to use the tutorial first. There are lots of tutorials available that help to quickly explain the solution. This is a product that I recommend. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Product Categories
Data Science Platforms
Download our free Dataiku Data Science Studio Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.