Dell EMC PowerEdge FX OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dell EMC PowerEdge FX is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Rack Servers. It is most often compared to HPE Moonshot: Dell EMC PowerEdge FX vs HPE Moonshot

What is Dell EMC PowerEdge FX?

The PowerEdge FX converged architecture gives enterprises the flexibility to tailor their IT infrastructure to specific workloads, and the ability to scale and adapt that infrastructure as needs change over time. PowerEdge FX helps deliver the agility, flexibility and secure foundation that businesses need to simplify operations and increase business results.

Dell EMC PowerEdge FX is also known as PowerEdge FX.

Download the Rack Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Dell EMC PowerEdge FX Customers
Tracewell, Govers, AXA ASSISTANCE ITALIA
Dell EMC PowerEdge FX Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Dell EMC PowerEdge FX pricing:
  • "The price of the license is expensive."

Dell EMC PowerEdge FX Reviews

Hussein  Harb
Director at mindit
Powerful and has a heavy load

• "The features that I have found most valuable are that it has very robust servers and a very heavy load. We've been working on servers now for 10 years and those servers are still up and running. Those servers are still very powerful until today."
  • "In terms of the cost, it is a little bit high, meaning, there is some difference in the cost compared to the equivalent product with HP servers."

What is our primary use case?

It depends on the client's requests, but mostly we work with the rack servers.

PowerEdge FX has lot of applications; we use it for businesses like data analytics, application businesses, and more. It depends on the different services.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable are that it has very robust servers and a very heavy load. We've been working on servers now for 10 years and those servers are still up and running. Those servers are still very powerful until today.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, we always find this kind of a problem when comparing the cost that's provided by Dell to that of HP. Dell's main competitor is HP servers. I don't know about the IBM's, but most of our requests are coming from Dell compared to HP. In terms of the cost, it is a little bit high, meaning, there is some difference in the cost compared to the equivalent product with HP servers.

I have been using Dell EMC PowerEdge FX for eight years.

I have servers running 8 years now, that is very stable.

Most of the people don't go for the scalability of the server. They don't add on specific things. They add new servers. Today, the cost of the servers is not that heavy, like before. So people add one note and two notes when they require some use cases.

My experience with Dell customer service is that mainly they are very, very supportive.

The initial setup is very, very easy.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a gold partner, so I am satisfied with Dell EMC PowerEdge FX.

Based on the feedback from the clients that we are working with, on a scale of one to ten, I would rate Dell EMC PowerEdge FX a nine.

I'm an old guy with Dell. I always prefer this brand over others.

I would for sure recommend Dell EMC PowerEdge FX.

Husam Kabaha
CTO at Mechkar
Easy to install, stable, and scales well for our organization

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for Hyper-V workloads, a web server, and a virtual desktop environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its stability.

What needs improvement?

I think that Dell has full documentation on their products, but it needs to be improved for this one.

I have been working with the Dell EMC PowerEdge FX series for three years.

Stability is one of the best features of this solution.

This is a scalable product. We have about 5,000 users.

We are satisfied with technical support.

Which solution did I use

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its stability.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with the Dell EMC PowerEdge FX series for three years.

Stability is one of the best features of this solution.

This is a scalable product. We have about 5,000 users.

We are satisfied with technical support.

Prior to using the PowerEdge FX, we used a product by HPE.

The initial setup is easy and it takes a few days to complete.

We deployed this product with our in-house team. We have about 100 technical staff who deploy and maintain our products. They are administrators, managers, and engineers.

The price of the license is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I can recommend it.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lenovo and others in Rack Servers. Updated: October 2021.
540,884 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PK
CTO at bmmsoft
Extremely high performance and easy to manage, but needs simplicity, more NVMe support, and more network cards for high performance and speed

• "It has extremely high performance, and it is easy to manage."
  • "It should have more simplified management. It is a common problem where vendors think that they have simplified a solution, but the users don't look at it in the same way. A vendor thinks that there are only ten steps for a task, but we consider them as many steps. It should also have more support for NVMe. For high performance and speed, there should also be more network cards for the fiber channel and ethernet."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our database for data warehouse analytics.

What is most valuable?

It has extremely high performance, and it is easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

It should have more simplified management. It is a common problem where vendors think that they have simplified a solution, but the users don't look at it in the same way. A vendor thinks that there are only ten steps for a task, but we consider them as many steps.

It should also have more support for NVMe. For high performance and speed, there should also be more network cards for the fiber channel and ethernet.

I have been using this solution for probably four years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Dell EMC PowerEdge FX a seven out of ten.

Product Categories
Rack Servers
Download our free Rack Servers Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lenovo, and more!