Dell EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dell EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Data Replication tools. It is most often compared to NetApp SnapMirror: Dell EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication vs NetApp SnapMirror

What is Dell EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication?
EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication provides continuous data protection with multiple recovery points to restore applications instantly to a specific point in time. It is used to protect applications with bidirectional synchronous and asynchronous replication and digital video recorder (DVR)-like recovery in physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures.

Dell EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication is also known as RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication.

Download the Data Replication Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Dell EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication Customers
Regis Aged Care, Cap Atlantique, Lewisville Independent School District, EnvisionRxOptions, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, Major Boutique Hotel Chain, Riverside Health System, Panduit
Dell EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication Video

Dell EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication Reviews

it_user600753
Technical Team Lead at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Enables the rolling back of volume states to a point in time.

How has it helped my organization?

A traditional way of data protection is to perform backups. With a backup solution, we can implement Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs). However, we are not really sure how to reach Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs), especially when those RTOs have minimal values.

With RecoverPoint, we can "instantly mount" an image Point in Time in case of a problem. The RTO was improved, for sure.

What is most valuable?

Continuous Data Protection and Remote Data Protection are the most valuable features:

• Continuous Data Protection: Enables the rolling back of volume states to a point in time within seconds.
  • Remote Data Protection: Permits the replication of environments in a synchronous or asynchronous way with minimal bandwidth consumption.

What needs improvement?

RecoverPoint journals consume a lot of storage to obtain a large RPO.

I have used this product for three years.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

We have not called support for three years. The technical documentation is good, so I would give it a rating of 9/10. I am not sure that technical support is perfect.

We used to deploy Oracle Data Guard for replicating Oracle, but RecoverPoint can replicate other environments because it acts on the storage side.

We had an easy setup. Just remember to size your storage well.

I recommend using the CL licensing mode.

Other replication solutions are specific to products (Data Guard for Oracle, VMware replicator for VMware), but RecoverPoint can replicate multiple products.

What other advice do I have?

RecoverPoint acts on a block level and it needs an EMC Splitter to work. If your storage arrays are not EMC, then you need to virtualize your storage via VPLEX before acquiring RecoverPoint.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: EMC Reseller
Md. Imranul Hoque
Customer Service Engineer, System engineer at Computer Services Ltd.
MSP
Has continuous data replication with almost no data loss

What is our primary use case?

It can replicate data from a distant location and it can scan it as well. It has continuous data replication with almost no data loss.

I have been using EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication for two and a half years.

It's not for small operations. I don't think it needs improvement. It can replicate a lot of data storage.

We offer support in Bangladesh and are a service provider. I have contacted technical support for their help. Their support is good. They are smart. They communicate well and are easy to understand.

The initial setup was not complex.

What other

What is our primary use case?

The initial setup was not complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten.

It could use an external application on top of its recover points. Other hypervisors should be integrated with this system. Other hypervisors should be able to get the benefits of this solution.