Dell EMC Unity XT OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dell EMC Unity XT is the #6 ranked solution in our list of best All-Flash Storage Arrays. It is most often compared to Dell EMC PowerStore: Dell EMC Unity XT vs Dell EMC PowerStore

What is Dell EMC Unity XT?

Dell EMC Unity, powered by Intel Xeon processors, delivers the ultimate in simplicity and value, enabling your organization to speed deployment, streamline management and seamlessly tier storage to the cloud.

Dell EMC Unity’s All-Flash and Hybrid Flash storage platforms optimize SSD performance and efficiency, with fully integrated SAN and NAS capabilities. Cloud-based storage analytics and proactive support keep you available and connected.

Dell EMC Unity XT is also known as EMC Unity, Dell EMC Unity.

Download the All-Flash Storage Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Dell EMC Unity XT Customers

Draper, Rio Grande Pacific, Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre

Dell EMC Unity XT Video

ST
Cloud Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Price / Quality ratio is good and since OE 5.03 code the array family reached a rather good maturity level

What is our primary use case?

We are running 3,000 VMs spread out over five such units.

• "The most valuable feature is the integration with vCenter."
  • "Support Responsiveness & time to fix bugs should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

Midrange solution for SMB up till Large Entreprises too if you spread the load on many units.
MahdiBahmani
Solution Architect, IT Consultant at Merdasco - Rayan Merdas Data Prosseccing
A High performance and flexible solution that I trust for our customer's data centers

What is our primary use case?

I'm a data center solution architect at Merdasco and based on our customers' needs, we build solutions for them. This product is very flexible, powerful, and suitable for many environments. Dell EMC Unity OE provides block LUN, VMware Virtual Volumes (VVols), and NAS file system storage access. Multiple, different storage resources can reside in the same storage pool, and multiple storage pools can be configured within the same DPE/DAE array.

• "This product is perfect for small, and mid-range customers who need to pay less, but still, get enterprise-level capabilities."
  • "This product needs to have better integration with enterprise backup solutions and archiving devices."

What other advice do I have?

It's a good idea to add some features to this storage such as better integration with container-based services.
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, NetApp, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
François BRUNET
Responsable de Production at Office National des Forets
Good integration, an easy initial setup, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for NAS network storage for the Microsoft environment.

• "Integration is easy with this product."
  • "Currently, the protocol SNMP is not implemented. That's a problem, as we follow this protocol and I can't check the integrity of this equipment."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a Dell client. We don't have a business relationship with the company. I have four Unity products. Two were already installed in September, and one just last week. While two are already in production, the other two are not up and running yet. I'd recommend the product to others. Overall, I'd rate it nine out of ten. We haven't worked with it too long, however, everything seems to be going quite well.
VS
Tech Lead at Complete Enterprise Solutions
Good replication, GUI makes it easy to manage, and integrates well with VMware

What is our primary use case?

This solution is our primary storage for all workloads. It has good replication and integration with VMware.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution makes it easy to manage storage, provision new workloads, and scale-up.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the easy management with a great GUI. We can do a lot from there.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved with the addition of flexible raid volumes.

We have been using this solution for three years.

This is a very stable platform, so far zero issues.
Product Categories
All-Flash Storage Arrays
Download our free All-Flash Storage Arrays Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, NetApp, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!